You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

Measure 22 on all US premiums

Would you like to see this?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote.

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (post below)

21 comments in this topic

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

Wondering what you think about this. I'm talking about the blue stripe camo that the Missouri, kidd, and Alabama have. I think it would be cool if ships like Sims, Indianapolis, Atlanta, etc. had this camo. 

[HINON]
Members
12,788 posts
21 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

With all the Problems WoWs has I really don't think a Camo is even on the priority list.

Camos aren't that hard to implement and doesn't have much if any overlap with the teams that would work on most of the problems we want fixed.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Camos aren't that hard to implement and doesn't have much if any overlap with the teams that would work on most of the problems we want fixed.

Time spent on this. Takes away from things that matter. Priority  over  Wishlist.

• Meh 2

[JASH]
Members
3,781 posts
12,425 battles
27 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

With all the Problems WoWs has I really don't think a Camo is even on the priority list.

I'd agree if the camo, handled by a fairly specialized department/team, weren't so easy/low calorie work top do. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

I'd agree if the camo, handled by a fairly specialized department/team, weren't so easy/low calorie work top do. 

Yes the ART Dept. Once they finish their work it is handed to another dept for approval then sent to coding then sent to programmers to be added then tested by the QA before the next update. So it is not "THAT EASY"

[PHUA]
Beta Testers
225 posts
3,902 battles

It would be nice if WG gave all the premium ships the right camo measures they wore as depicted in game. 

Atlanta sank with Measure 12, which looks nothing like what she's got in game.  Indianapolis should be in Measure 22, that matches her configuration and what she sank with.  Marblehead should also be in 22, while Flint should be wearing Atlanta's current scheme.  Texas is modeled in her current configuration, so that means Measure 21 as that was her final wartime camo.  Arizona's actually almost dead on with what she should be painted, only the wood deck needs to be unpainted.  Alabama is wearing the right paint, so she's golden right now.  Missouri honestly should be haze gray given that she's in Korean War fitting, but Measure 22 is accurate for the end of the war.  Saipan should be in Measure 21, and Enterprise looks to be fairly accurate, though Measure 21 is also possible.  Sims would have been in Measure 12, just like Atlanta.  She sank wearing that scheme.  Kidd's accurate with her current camo.

Honestly, a few minor camo changes would make it look like WG is at least making things look historical.  I'd much rather see the premium camo option for all ships to include historic paint schemes than not.  After a while the made-up schemes get a little old.

• Cool 1

[JASH]
Members
3,781 posts
12,425 battles
7 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Yes the ART Dept. Once they finish their work it is handed to another dept for approval then sent to coding then sent to programmers to be added then tested by the QA before the next update. So it is not "THAT EASY"

Yeah, actually it's pretty easy, particularly with that quite basic and well documented color and pattern scheme. 

I've worked professionally in fields of applied art, mainly product/industrial design, for over 30 years.  See my faux Warships Today widget below?  That took me about 10 minutes to make - tops. 

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,449 posts
5,168 battles

I prefer Measure 32.  I wish Richelieu could get it vs the horrid streamers and statues.

DwW4ZVF.jpg

Edited by Sventex

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,754 posts
22,116 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I agree, plenty more important things to worry about. What I would like to see is for ships that have event camo like the Halloween stuff, to have an option for a normal looking camo or the funky camo. For instance I have the "Great Gorgon" camo I got from a box but am never going to mount it since it looks absurd. A normal looking camo option that has the same benefits would be nice. The lack of choices and options seem to be a company thing for Wargaming. 

Since we are on the subject of camo, the one change I would like seen done in the game is to scrap the type 1 and type 2 camos as they are. Hardly anyone uses them and since they are already modeled for every ship in the game, change the stats and make them permanent purchasable camo for all ships in the game. They are stunning camouflages and it seems a shame that most everyone I know just sells them (carriers sometimes use them). By pricing them according to tier, it would make a nice alternative camo for higher tier ships as well as giving low tier ships a permanent pattern. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[JASH]
Members
3,781 posts
12,425 battles

Here's super complicated idea: basic naval gray paint work with an appropriate hull number - where applicable. 

People are making this stuff out like it's something complicated for professionals to do  (or even unpaid art school interns) and WG has less than 10 employees who all do anything and everything. 

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Time spent on this. Takes away from things that matter. Priority  over  Wishlist.

This is factually incorrect.

Camos are an entirely different department than developers.  It's not like putting out more camos will delay work on a CV rework.

[PVE]
Members
11,175 posts
21,460 battles
2 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Wondering what you think about this. I'm talking about the blue stripe camo that the Missouri, kidd, and Alabama have. I think it would be cool if ships like Sims, Indianapolis, Atlanta, etc. had this camo. 

No thanks.

[JASH]
Members
3,781 posts
12,425 battles
3 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Rather have other patterns.

Measure 12, 32 Design 2C and Design 3D would be great. 

Members
376 posts
5 battles
7 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

No, it does not, unless you are actually drunk enough to think that they have exactly one team of people working on EVERYTHING. 

Members
1,296 posts
882 battles

The Missouri really should be haze gray given her in-game configuration. I don't understand why French ships are given a Measure 22-like camouflage, that makes no sense to me.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,127 posts
9,379 battles

As additional options, sure. Most of the US premiums default or current option camos are fine. Nothing wrong with more choices for individualizing; at least as far as camo is concerned.

5 hours ago, lemekillmister said:

Measure 12, 32 Design 2C and Design 3D would be great. 

^This.

7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I agree, plenty more important things to worry about. What I would like to see is for ships that have event camo like the Halloween stuff, to have an option for a normal looking camo or the funky camo. For instance I have the "Great Gorgon" camo I got from a box but am never going to mount it since it looks absurd. A normal looking camo option that has the same benefits would be nice. The lack of choices and options seem to be a company thing for Wargaming. 

Since we are on the subject of camo, the one change I would like seen done in the game is to scrap the type 1 and type 2 camos as they are. Hardly anyone uses them and since they are already modeled for every ship in the game, change the stats and make them permanent purchasable camo for all ships in the game. They are stunning camouflages and it seems a shame that most everyone I know just sells them (carriers sometimes use them). By pricing them according to tier, it would make a nice alternative camo for higher tier ships as well as giving low tier ships a permanent pattern. 

..and most especially ^this.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
17 hours ago, TheNargacuga said:

No, it does not, unless you are actually drunk enough to think that they have exactly one team of people working on EVERYTHING. 

#1 I don't Drink

#2 You must be Drunk thinking only one dev team works on one thing start to finish

#3 there are  many depts involved in any changes

• Meh 1