Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldSaltyOne

Sorry folks but I need a camouflage question answered

7 comments in this topic

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

A while back I fully completed the Yamamoto Isoroku challenge.  Collecting all of the little images and icons that go along with this.  Of course the rewards were the flags that can be mounted on all IJN ships, along with the camouflage.  Which is a blue scheme.  How ever.  The only option for this camo is with the Type 1, Type 2, Type 5, and the Type 6 camouflages.  I've seen some posts on reddit.  But I do have a lot of tier 10  IJN ships and premium IJN ships with premium camouflages.  How ever there is no option for the premium camouflage to dawn this blue scheme camo for the IJN.  I do not know how soon the developers plan on making this available for the IJN premium camos.  I do like the blue camo so it would be nice to have on my IJN premiums, Kamikaze Mutsu and Kii.  As well as the premium camo for the Yamato.  If anyone has any ideas on when this will happen please feel free to comment and let me know.  Thank you. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by SuperSpud1

[HINON]
Members
12,786 posts

In the recent dev Q&A they said expanding it to the premium camos is much more complicated and time consuming so it will be a while before that is an option.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

In the recent dev Q&A they said expanding it to the premium camos is much more complicated and time consuming so it will be a while before that is an option.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beta Testers
61 posts
8,911 battles
17 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The 7.2 public test notes say its comming with 7.2

[HINON]
Members
12,786 posts
40 minutes ago, Kittens_On_Board said:

The 7.2 public test notes say its comming with 7.2

Hmm i think i misread some of it. Sounds like they are doing it for regular tiled camos but for the permanent camos it's going to take more work. Below is the Q&A quote.

Changing camo-colours like Yamamoto can on the IJN line, will that be expanded to other nations?
<hushhush> Maybe ;) <hushhush> It requires some internal reworking though, it’s more labour-intensive as one would suspect. Sub can’t guarantee that the next special commander will have the same possibility that Yamamoto can. Permanent camo’s are unique, but for regular “tiled” patterns, it’s very easy. They want to do it, but it will take time. Regular camo’s will come first, because easier.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

Yea I've read everything on the Q and A about it as well and I'm also playing around with it on the test server.  Thanks guys.

Members
3,095 posts
12,104 battles
51 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Hmm i think i misread some of it. Sounds like they are doing it for regular tiled camos but for the permanent camos it's going to take more work. Below is the Q&A quote.

Changing camo-colours like Yamamoto can on the IJN line, will that be expanded to other nations?
<hushhush> Maybe ;) <hushhush> It requires some internal reworking though, it’s more labour-intensive as one would suspect. Sub can’t guarantee that the next special commander will have the same possibility that Yamamoto can. Permanent camo’s are unique, but for regular “tiled” patterns, it’s very easy. They want to do it, but it will take time. Regular camo’s will come first, because easier.

For the record, this is not as labour intensive as they make it sound.  For crying loud out it takes me 10 minutes to manually swap color themes on permanent camouflages, the logic behind is straight forward.  The only "complicated" part is making camo theme selectors ship specific in the GUI, but that would only mean that have to copy/paste similar code all ships tier 6-10 for IJN only, that's not a big deal.  I am a lead software engineer working for a software company.

Sign in to follow this