You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheHolySpork

[RUST] Rusty Old Frigates [OXIDE]

106 comments in this topic

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,819 battles

Rusty Old Frigates (RUST & OXIDE)

tog512.png

Who Are We - Rusty Old Frigates is a group of like minded seamen interested in divisions, grinding ships, and competitive game play. Most of our players are Rusty and Old (30+, but age is not a requirement) just like our ships, but we will accept anyone who meets our recruitment standards. Our community consists of two clans RUST and OXIDE. We are spread out across all US time zones, with most people playing during US prime time. While we like to be competitive and win games our primary mission is to have fun playing as a group. We participate in clan battles, operations, ranked battles, divisions, and  scrimmages with other clans. We also occasionally run fun & silly clan events for prizes and bragging rights.

Membership Standards - Our main goal is to have fun while winning games. To facilitate this we have a few standards to help ensure that new recruits are a good fit and have instituted a week-long trial period. Every online community has its quirks and we want to make sure that RUST/OXIDE fits your expectations and that you fit in with our wacky group. While our main objective is to have fun, we are looking for players with above average skills. RUST and OXIDE have slightly different ability requirements, but the rest of the standards are the same since we treat both clans as one community - we all use one Discord and division together. RUST and OXIDE will both be active in the next Clan Battle season. Below is a list of our requirements.

• Be a cool person to play with. Cat lovers get bonus points.   
  • Be active in game, division with the clan, and be active on our Discord server. We don't have activity requirements as real life comes first, but we do want you to socialize with the group when you are in-game.
  • ~1000+ games played. Flexible depending on the person applying.
  • OXIDE requirements - ~55% win ratio, at least one T10 ship, interest in improving game play.
  • RUST requirements - 55%+ WR, Tier 10 ship(s), interest in improving game play.
  • We can be flexible on stats for the right person but not on personality fit.

How to join? - If you are interested reply to this post or contact the following people. One of us will send you a Discord and Division invite. After joining our Discord you need to division with our clan to see if you are a good fit before receiving an invite. Applicant tags will give you access to our division channels. Just jump in and say "hi"! :)

• uncLe_ownTer (OXIDE)
  • rearhatch (OXIDE)
  • K538 (RUST, recruitment officer)
  • Ducky_Shot (RUST)
  • TheHolySpork (Both)

In Game applications without prior contact will automatically be rejected.

Scrimmages - RUST enjoys the competitive aspect of the game and look to scrimmage against other competitive clans. If your clan is interested in scrimmaging RUST contact Ducky_Shot, GeneralPOK, or one of the people listed above.

• Cool 3

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,709 posts
16,249 battles

I have been a member of RUST since the week of it's inception.  In the 397 days since, my win rate has shot up 3.5% overall and my WTR has gone up by over 100 points.  As nice as that is, the great comrades I have met in RUST have made the game so much more enjoyable.  We skew older, but not crustier.  Our Discord is an endless font of mirth and merriment ( until the dad jokes start popping ... yeesh ).  We come from a wide group of locales and backgrounds, so there is someone in our clan that you will connect with ( unless you're an evil mastermind set on taking over the world - we are already overflowing with those ).

In any case, grab a discord invite from one of the listed folks above and drop in.  We have earned all the port upgrades including the 50 man clan one, we have some spots available - maybe one for you.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
15 posts
3,271 battles

Hello,

sounds like a great clan, I would like to start the process of joining if you guys think I would be a fit.  thanks

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,819 battles
13 hours ago, fletchdog said:

Hello,

sounds like a great clan, I would like to start the process of joining if you guys think I would be a fit.  thanks

Hi fletchdog! Check your PM :)

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,819 battles
22 hours ago, Murasame92 said:

I am Interested and will Send you a PM! 

Any officer will do.

19 hours ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

Bump for RUST.  They are a really cool group of guys!

Thanks! :) And right back at 07! :)

[-BSK-]
Members
458 posts
17,423 battles

Everytime I have played in a random battle with you guys, Toe in particular, you have been extremely polite and professional. my WR% is too low to even think about it, keep up the fun times 

[-TRM-]
Members
165 posts
3,332 battles

I wished I didn't have 42-44% wr... wished xp/dmg could bypass that... not the best but only been playing since December and my stats have been slowly increasing I just never play in division... 

have both mino/Desmoines researched just not enough credits to purchase either or cause I'm to much of a ship horde and save everything...  

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,709 posts
16,249 battles

The key to improvement is a combination of experience, watching some good streams and youtube videos and divisioning with better players.  There are many discords that are open for public use - wargaming runs one for wows - and you will find that direct communications with your division makes it a force multiplier.  We have a pretty lively discord server, especially for west coast players ( many people in our clan are Mountain/West ) feel free to PM and see about getting a discord invite - we want competent players, but more importantly we want good people.

[-TRM-]
Members
165 posts
3,332 battles

I believe I'm good... I ton better from when I first started playing and barely survived the first 5 mins till I started watching videos and have gotten way better in the past 2-3 weeks cause I was still making dumb mistakes trying to get 1 more shot in just 1 more oh crap I should've waited. Patience is key. I only run cruisers though... started doing bbs mid last week but wanted to wait for French bb cause I already got the unique commander from missions alone... so we'll see. 

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

RUST and OXIDE are recruiting, if you meet our minimum requirements and are interesting in joining us feel free to reply here or message one of our officers or recruiters in-game or via PM.

[STURM]
Members
17 posts
6,978 battles

wouldn't mind checking you guys out, already in a clan, but considering some place that isn't tier X centered game play only. 

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles
25 minutes ago, Sint_Holo said:

wouldn't mind checking you guys out, already in a clan, but considering some place that isn't tier X centered game play only. 

I took a quick look at the ships you play the most and although we're not 100% T10 focused, but we certainly lean in that direction more than lower tiers.  You might not find us to be a very good fit if you're looking for people to play lower and mid-tier ships with.

[STURM]
Members
17 posts
6,978 battles

I took a quick look at the ships you play the most and although we're not 100% T10 focused, but we certainly lean in that direction more than lower tiers.  You might not find us to be a very good fit if you're looking for people to play lower and mid-tier ships with.

That's cool, only been downloaded this game 2 months ago and only hitting tier VIII so far and 52/53% avg.  I'll stick with my current clan.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles
3 hours ago, My_Internet_is_slow said:

I am interested in applying, as an exclusively CV player. Please notify me if my statistics fit?

• OXIDE requirements - ~52% win ratio, 1000 WTR, Tier 8 ship, interest in improving game play.
  • RUST requirements - ~56% WR, 1.0 F/B, 1200 WTR, Tier 10 ship(s), interest in improving game play.

You're a relatively new player, so keep working on it and once you're at an overall WTR of ~1000 check back we can talk about a spot in OXIDE.  We're not really elitist, but we've found that folks who are significantly below these numbers don't always fit in that well with the group since we're focused more on "end game" and higher tier play.

Thanks for the interest.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles
4 hours ago, Sint_Holo said:

That's cool, only been downloaded this game 2 months ago and only hitting tier VIII so far and 52/53% avg.  I'll stick with my current clan.

Right on!  Good luck, there are plenty of good clans out there who are more interested in helping people grind and learn the game.  I'm sure you'll be able to find a home in the community that is a good fit if you're patient.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

Still recruiting for RUST and OXIDE.  Let us know if you're interested in checking us out!

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,709 posts
16,249 battles

A quick check on wows-numbers shows us as the 3rd largest clan in the NA with 43 active members in RUST, we still have 7 more spaces in RUST and quite a few more in OXIDE.  Don't be shy, pm K538 or one of the other RUST members mentioned and see what we can offer each other.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

Still looking for new active members, let us know if you meet our general requirements and are interested in joining an active and fairly laid back group of players.

Members
2,709 posts
16,982 battles

Amazingly active clan still has a few spots open after expanding to the 50-member limit!

[0456]
Members
3,348 posts
9,066 battles

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Gascan75