Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

T5 CVs Should Not See T6 CVs

9 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,894 posts
33,889 battles

Putting a CV that can’t strafe against one that can is nonsense. 

It’s helpful (if painful) to come up against Clevelands. You need to learn which cruisers create no-fly zones. But Bogue vs. Independence is useless. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

CV's in general are a mess. We get told they are working on a solution,but the fact remains CV's are and will be for the foreseeable future a mess.

[RLGN]
Members
13,529 posts
23,605 battles

Don't get strafed?

Yeah, not being able to strafe sucks, but you still need to know how to dodge/avoid it.

Trust me; I DESPISE strafe; but until and if they ever get rid of it, it needs to be dealt with.

[PEEDZ]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
6,492 battles

WG's stated reason: "Its okay because you have a t6 CV on your team too."

Its a dumb thing and shouldn't happen. I was playing Indy last night to seal club and in the midst of bullying t8s, I came across the occasional t5 CV dragged against me. Its just a 1 sided slaughter and shouldn't even exist.

In fact double CV matches should be removed period, not just at t8 and above.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,239 posts
22,261 battles
56 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Kind of killing the +1/-1 MM those people have been throwing around..

The problem with Tier V CVs facing Tier VI ones is that WG removed a game mechanic ability from the Tier V ones.  No manual attacks, most importantly, no ability to strafe.  All other ships have the same capability access:

- Scoping in/out with their main battery, torpedoes.

- Zoom adjust.

- Torp Lead Indicator.

- Choice of Crosshairs, Dynamic Crosshairs.

But the Tier IV-V CVs are locked out of an ability altogether, something fundamental to their play.

The idea of a lower tier ship having an uphill fight against a higher tier ship is nothing new, even CVs do that.  Hiryu will have a real tough fight against Shokaku on the occurrence of a Double CV Match.  The problem is when the lower tier, weaker ship can't do fundamental abilities at all.  Bogue, Zuiho have a tough fight against Tier VI CVs but it's made a whole lot worse when the VI CVs can strafe them.  You really should see what an Independence can do to them.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,027 posts
6,184 battles

I'm not for or against CV's they are part of the game, but giving another  buffer is no way to fix the mm , t4 messed that type of thinking to me..

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
13,972 battles

I would play CV's more if strafe was gone. It doesn't make any sense to even be an ability in the game.

Smoke makes sense, hydro makes sense, radar sort of works,

but strafing? not even a little.

Imagine if any other ability could instantly delete all your guns for the rest of the match. That's strafing

Sign in to follow this