You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

Suggestion of new game modes

47 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,862 posts

how about a BB/CA mode, with no DD, so we don't have to keep looking over our shoulders worrying about DD and torp soup

then you say most players will play this mode, well if that's the case, that means players enjoy this more, all the power to them, this is a game for entertainment right?

I have to say I like this game, but sometimes when I get torpedoed I hate it, so why not let players enjoy more without the anger? you will attract more players this way

and we can have BB only, or DD only mode, etc. etc. LOL

• Meh 3

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,960 posts
12,425 battles

Literally no one would want to play a DD only game mode. DDs would never be played because people don't like fighting them in other classes. This game would literally only have battleships being played and maybe a few cruisers if you're lucky. Quit whining because you don't like fighting dds, we all have to deal with it.

• Cool 2

Members
139 posts
8,965 battles

No, please no.

I don't like suggestions of people trying to tighten the restrictions on game modes that cater to one ship type.  I also don't think that this game mode would be any fun.  I'm going to base my argument of why this suggestions is bad based on high tier gameplay since that is where DDs are most effective against BBs.  

What DDs do in high tier gameplay is they move the game along.  If there were no DDs there would be no pushing after going to the first cap or when one team starts losing.  Why no pushing?  BBs can just bow tank and cruisers don't want to push because the moment they get spotted they're dead.  DDs progress the game because their torpedoes FORCE battleships to move.  DDs also do the spotting job so that cruisers can safely fire from behind islands.  If you're going to make a game mode with only cruisers and battleships, then people will start taking out stealthy cruisers to act as spotting or cruisers with smoke to safely return fire.  

Then there is your idea of only having a single type of ship game modes.  No, just no.  The main reason why this would suck is because every ship classes favorite targets are a different ship class.  Battleships like firing at Cruisers, Cruisers like firing at destroyers and lighting battleships on fire, destroyers like firing torpedoes at Battleships. 

[WOLF1]
Members
2,862 posts
1 hour ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Literally no one would want to play a DD only game mode. DDs would never be played because people don't like fighting them in other classes. This game would literally only have battleships being played and maybe a few cruisers if you're lucky. Quit whining because you don't like fighting dds, we all have to deal with it.

so if people hate it, why force them to play it? lol

[WOLF1]
Members
2,862 posts

I just want to play games with other BBs shooting each other, what's the problem with that?

DDs and CVs are poison of this game, at least to lots of players, let them have their game

I suggest BB only mode, CA only mode, DD only mode, and CVs can have the epic carrier battles, that must be FUN

don't tell me there will be fewer players in each mode then, in fact, that will attract 10x more players, currently only 10k players is pathetic, it's a failure business wise, create more game modes, let players play the way they enjoy, we can have 10x more players, that's only 100k, pathetic too, but it is in the right direction

Edited by Happy668

[GT99]
Members
719 posts
11,126 battles

What game exists that doesn't have multiple variables? Really a serious question, I don't get into too many games. I like shooters and racing, all the games I have played have multiple variables to contend with. I don't understand how only having one variable would be enjoyable and interesting. Thanks.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Hate to tell you this.... but... cruisers and batteships get torpedoes as well. Will your game mode exclude them? Some cruisers launch torpedoes farther than some destroyers of the same tier.

Members
1,438 posts
8,824 battles

As someone who usually throws rock, I think a "no paper" mode for rock paper scissors would be really great.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

OP's idea is bad and he should feel bad.

But

An all-cruisers mode would be fun.

Members
3,582 posts
21,491 battles
1 hour ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

What game exists that doesn't have multiple variables? Really a serious question, I don't get into too many games. I like shooters and racing, all the games I have played have multiple variables to contend with. I don't understand how only having one variable would be enjoyable and interesting. Thanks.

It's clear OP is not well suited to deal with multiple classes so he needs to narrow the field down to something manageable for him and these "others" he purports to represent.

Members
4,415 posts
17,974 battles
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, Happy668 said:

I have to say I like this game, but sometimes when I get torpedoed I hate it, so why not let players enjoy more without the anger?

I, for one, don't get angry when I'm torpedoed because that's part of this combat game. 'Sides, I torp other players too and turnabout's fair play.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, Happy668 said:

how about a BB/CA mode, with no DD, so we don't have to keep looking over our shoulders worrying about DD and torp soup

In case you haven't noticed, most CA/CLs and some BBs have torpedo armament so you'd still be eating torps in addition to us CL drivers torching you.

[LUCK]
Members
1,798 posts
28,419 battles
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, Happy668 said:

then you say most players will play this mode, well if that's the case, that means players enjoy this more, all the power to them, this is a game for entertainment right?

I have to say I like this game, but sometimes when I get torpedoed I hate it, so why not let players enjoy more without the anger? you will attract more players this way

and we can have BB only, or DD only mode, etc. etc. LOL

Someone longing for the Bathtub battles - no wait, there were torpedoes in that too.

Just play co-op then, bots will shoot over you at 5km to hit a DD 12km away. And when there are DDs, they usually don't survive long enough to be an issue.

Problem solved.

Edited by hofmannsc

[GT99]
Members
719 posts
11,126 battles
8 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

It's clear OP is not well suited to deal with multiple classes so he needs to narrow the field down to something manageable for him and these "others" he purports to represent.

That's the thing though, I don't find it uber easy to hit people with torps unless I am right in their face. As terrible as I am I don't find that I get hit very often with them either. I see a crap ton of 'em though. Not sure if OP plays DDs or not but he/she should try them for a length of time. They are super fun to play and pretty deletable if you have a clue.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,862 posts
47 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

you need to remember this is a GAME, a GAME, for entertainment

I don't want to deal with multiple classes, so what? the whole purpose of this GAME is have FUN

if I drive a BB and have to constantly worry about DD and torpedo soup, I have to stay back, I find it no fun, not enjoyable, so? either I can quit the game, or WG provide a mode that will be enjoyable for me, what's the problem?

I bet there are tens of thousands of players tried, but don't like current single-minded setup, so they leave, so we are left with pathetic 10k people, why don't we create more game modes so more players will play this game, and that translates to shorter wait time, more $$$$$ for WG, what's the problem again?

if you like to play DD, no problem, you can duke it out with other DD players in DD mode see how good you really are, or if you really find hunting BB is more fun, the current mode still exists and you can play this all-inclusive mode

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
12 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

you need to remember this is a GAME, a GAME, for entertainment

Apparently not for destroyer players, since you're so set on removing them from it.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,862 posts
9 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Apparently not for destroyer players, since you're so set on removing them from it.

I can choose what kind of game I want to play, I just want options, I don't have to play in a mode that I don't enjoy, what's wrong with that? destroyer players can still play in a all-inclusive mode, or in DD only mode that might be even more fun and chaotic lol, have an open mind

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

I can choose what kind of game I want to play, I just want options, I don't have to play in a mode that I don't enjoy, what's wrong with that? destroyer players can still play in a all-inclusive mode, or in DD only mode that might be even more fun and chaotic lol, have an open mind

It's pretty transparent what you want. You're Rock and you don't want to play against Paper.

You don't want a game with a challenge that relies on skill and knowledge. You want a shooting gallery.

I play battleships too. And as someone who earned their way up to Yamato, all I have to tell someone like you is Git Gud or Git Rekt.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 1

[7RET]
[7RET]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
124 posts
10,910 battles
On 2/17/2018 at 1:26 PM, Thunderstruck2016 said:

No, please no.

I don't like suggestions of people trying to tighten the restrictions on game modes that cater to one ship type.  I also don't think that this game mode would be any fun.  I'm going to base my argument of why this suggestions is bad based on high tier gameplay since that is where DDs are most effective against BBs.  

What DDs do in high tier gameplay is they move the game along.  If there were no DDs there would be no pushing after going to the first cap or when one team starts losing.  Why no pushing?  BBs can just bow tank and cruisers don't want to push because the moment they get spotted they're dead.  DDs progress the game because their torpedoes FORCE battleships to move.  DDs also do the spotting job so that cruisers can safely fire from behind islands.  If you're going to make a game mode with only cruisers and battleships, then people will start taking out stealthy cruisers to act as spotting or cruisers with smoke to safely return fire.  

Then there is your idea of only having a single type of ship game modes.  No, just no.  The main reason why this would suck is because every ship classes favorite targets are a different ship class.  Battleships like firing at Cruisers, Cruisers like firing at destroyers and lighting battleships on fire, destroyers like firing torpedoes at Battleships. 

Ahaha, there ALREADY isn't any pushing with BB's, even WITH DD's. Good point, though. I bet BB captains wouldn't even leave their starting spot if this was a game mode.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,862 posts
4 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

It's pretty transparent what you want. You're Rock and you don't want to play against Paper.

You don't want a game with a challenge that relies on skill and knowledge. You want a shooting gallery.

I play battleships too. And as someone who earned their way up to Yamato, all I have to tell someone like you is Git Gud or Git Rekt.

LOL, pathetic, you just want to play your DD and stealth torpedo BBs, to feel better about yourself

let me tell you something, maybe this is a job for you to feel better about your "skill and knowledge" (LOL), but it's a game for me, for entertainment, I play how I like to play

Edited by Happy668
  • Meh 1

Members
1,438 posts
8,824 battles
3 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

LOL, pathetic, you just want to play your DD and stealth torpedo BBs, to feel better about yourself

let me tell you something, maybe this is a job for you to feel better about your "skill and knowledge" (LOL), but it's a game for me, for entertainment, I play how I like to play

You can certainly play how you like.  It's a casual friendly game and none of us are ever going pro.

But you're asking for a completely different rule set that explicitly forbids other players from playing how they like (or, as you put it, how they "feel better about themselves" as if that's somehow a completely different motivation from why you play the game.)  Your suggestion, if implemented, would fragment the playerbase, and severely skew the game balance.  And the only benefit would be to create a simplified game mode where you don't have to tolerate the complexity of dealing with different ship types.

Applying similar logic to other team-based games sounds ridiculous, which is why you are being ridiculed.  "I like batting, but I hate it when outfielders catch my hits and I'm out.  Can't we make a separate baseball league with a "no outfielders" rule?  I should be able to play like I want!"