You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

LP Total War Sponsored - by quill18

9 comments in this topic

Members
4,083 posts
4,347 battles

Strong start with Thermopylae. Game looks cool. More focused PvP with seemingly none of the management and conquest elements. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts

I thought it seemed interesting... you could see play "theory" very similar to many games. It seems reasonably balanced as well... if it clicks with reviewers (sponsored or better yet unsponsored) they might have a hit on their hands. 

Members
4,083 posts
4,347 battles

I'd imagine it'd be better than most other total war PvP. Fighting Spartans or any of the Roman factions as Pontus was a pain in the tuchus. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts

I've only done the WarHammer stuff... not this time/version... but if you step back the whole team/battle concept looks very similar to WoWS. 

Members
4,083 posts
4,347 battles

Yeb, but also reminds me of RTS games. Shouldn't be that much different from Warhammer: Total War and other Total War games. It looks the same, but you control less unit cards/groups. If you play other total war games, just imagine this but every player can control 20 unit groups of their own with men racking up in like the thousands. So by the end of the battle you can see tons of dead bodies everywhere. 

Now I want to see how siege battles work if they have them.  Also want to see how cavalry works in this game if they have them. They seem to vary the most between games in effectiveness or casualties in a charge, ect. 

Edit: Oh, there is calvary, nice. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts

It is now in OPEN  Beta as of a couple days ago I think. BEWARE though... It will install the "launcher" - I'm not sure if it is the same launcher folks had issues with in the past.... I'll probably try it this weekend.

Let us know if any of you d/l and install it. If in alignment with past WG products, being a Beta player sometimes earns you special stuff for the future.