Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GX9900A

Got my Yamato today.

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

215
[WAG]
Beta Testers
762 posts
6,888 battles

so finally, after being on the izumo for so very, very long, because i couldn't bring myself to play her (a/b hulls were painful to play) i got the Yamato. the HSF camo is what finally motivated me to play izumo, and this weekends +200% cut my time left in the ship by almost an 8th (the 1 win i got last night was 19k exp, and 2k free exp). i have heard she plays differently then the izumo (god i hope so), and am wondering if any old hats with the ships might give some tips. But either way, shes certainly a beautiful ship to have finally in my port.

Spoiler

Yamato!.thumb.jpg.a707e15f2c8085443cdbd0ddb98a6459.jpg

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
8 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

so finally, after being on the izumo for so very, very long, because i couldn't bring myself to play her (a/b hulls were painful to play) i got the Yamato. the HSF camo is what finally motivated me to play izumo, and this weekends +200% cut my time left in the ship by almost an 8th (the 1 win i got last night was 19k exp, and 2k free exp). i have heard she plays differently then the izumo (god i hope so), and am wondering if any old hats with the ships might give some tips. But either way, shes certainly a beautiful ship to have finally in my port.

  Hide contents

Yamato!.thumb.jpg.a707e15f2c8085443cdbd0ddb98a6459.jpg

 

Looks like roma and sinks like roma from planes era 1900s.

Well done on getting your new ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[WAG]
Beta Testers
762 posts
6,888 battles

ya know sometimes i dont understand you abyss. but your always at least amusing so keep it up

 

i think im gonna like the Yami though. not quite sure how the guy almost got a kraken yet was in the bottom 1/2 of the team though...

Spoiler

5a886f729e4e8_Yamatoisfun.thumb.jpg.ce0ac578047c3dd19d5399b0c0601791.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
442 posts
10,884 battles

Just avoid showing your broadside and you should be fine. The guns hit so hard and feel so rewarding that the Yamato was the first and so far only tier 10 for which I bought a permanent camouflage (only for WG to offer a free HSF camo because of course they did it for the only ship I invested 5 k doubloons into). I got my damage record in the Yammy (250k damage). She feels even better with Yamamoto on board. I feel like the overmatch capacity is kinda of overrated, but regardless these guns accuracy are the real deal. I'd reccomend watching Yuro's guide on the Musashi/Yamato. Like he said, everything the Musashi does the Yamato does better.

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[WAG]
Beta Testers
762 posts
6,888 battles
4 minutes ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

Just avoid showing your broadside and you should be fine. The guns hit so hard and feel so rewarding that the Yamato was the first and so far only tier 10 for which I bought a permanent camouflage (only for WG to offer a free HSF camo because of course they did it for the only ship I invested 5 k doubloons into). I got my damage record in the Yammy (250k damage). She feels even better with Yamamoto on board. I feel like the overmatch capacity is kinda of overrated, but regardless these guns accuracy are the real deal. I'd reccomend watching Yuro's guide on the Musashi/Yamato. Like he said, everything the Musashi does the Yamato does better.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,114
[K-9]
Beta Testers
2,009 posts

Best thing I can suggest that is not 'how to use the ship' and applies to any ship in the game..

 

get Voice attack or use some voice recog program and just make two voice command macros: fire and salvo. 

After doing this my accuracy with yamato skyrocketed. Most people dont realize it but just clicking the mouse fire button results in the aimpoint moving a few pixels from your hand/finger pressing the left click.. and throws off the aim. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[FLOTR]
Members
177 posts

I am plodding my way through the IZUMO A hull at the moment and promises of the Yammy make it maybe more bearable :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[HKA]
Members
4 posts
8,347 battles
On 2/26/2018 at 8:26 PM, Skyfaller said:

Best thing I can suggest that is not 'how to use the ship' and applies to any ship in the game..

 

get Voice attack or use some voice recog program and just make two voice command macros: fire and salvo. 

After doing this my accuracy with yamato skyrocketed. Most people dont realize it but just clicking the mouse fire button results in the aimpoint moving a few pixels from your hand/finger pressing the left click.. and throws off the aim. 

 

never thought of that.  How much accuracy did it give you?  Also get surround sound because the sound of these guns is so rewarding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,114
[K-9]
Beta Testers
2,009 posts
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, D4_Cador said:

never thought of that.  How much accuracy did it give you?  Also get surround sound because the sound of these guns is so rewarding. 

For me its been super helpful. Since there is a half a sec delay usually between you wanting to fire and you actually saying 'fire' for the voice recog..and your hand isn't clicking the button and throwing off the aim when it presses it... you can keep 'tracking' your aimpoint that half second and get a better shot out.

It helps me a lot. Don't know about others. Hope it does :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
64
[NET]
Beta Testers
530 posts
5,263 battles

i almost cringe when i see a yammy on my team. i dont know how or why but they always seem to die first, get focused on the most and generally do nothing but sit way out and snipe. i often think power creep has got the best of her. i have the monty, repub, and conq and i have no desire to grind past the amagi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
32 posts
11,518 battles

I was looking forward to Yamato, but now i have her she is a bad ship. They have nerf this ship into the ground. u have bad rudder shift time and historically fake turning circle. the gun can hit anything and when u try to get in close u eat so much damage u r sunk in no time.

Wargaming HAS to fix the japanese bb line Yamato is broken and this legendary upgrade is a joke it only nerfs this ship more.

This should be one of the best ships in the game and it is far from that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,114
[K-9]
Beta Testers
2,009 posts

Yamato has been nerfed bit by bit since Musashi release. Gun dispersion has been increased every little patch, apparently so that the legendary module bring it back to what it used to be.

It was reported day 1 of Musashi introduction that Yamato guns were off. I went from consistently having multiple citadels every battle to zero citadels being the norm.

That and the sudden zero damage pens right after musashi introduction has made Yamato a seriously inconsistent and poor damage dealer. Last time I played I had 16 AP pen hits that did zero damage... aiming at a ship below the deckline and striking the lower hull near the waterline. I literally SAW several salvos hitting the lower side hull and no damage at all float up.. but the pen flag was granted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
78 posts
9,382 battles

I'm grinding for the Yamato now only 10k away from getting her, but if what I'm reading here is right about her being nerfed, then I may go for ether tier 10 American or German instead. I've put a lot of time and effort into this, is the Yamato really worth it or not? Please let me know thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×