You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

What is the best torp DD in the game at TIER 5?

35 comments in this topic

Members
311 posts
39 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

Minakaze/Fujin/Kamakaze/Kamakaze R

The latter 3 and the Mutsuki, they nerfed the Minekaze's torps.

• Cool 1

Members
1,526 posts
10,950 battles

Have to agree: Fujin, Kamikaze and the Kamikaze R. Gone are the good old days when I could bring out my Fujin and do 100-200k games though. BB's(ok, well most of them anyway) have finally learned to not drive straight, and at a constant speed. 

[WAG]
Beta Testers
765 posts
6,929 battles

kamikaze R for me. cant give an opinion on fujin, as i dont have one.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles
1 minute ago, GX9900A said:

kamikaze R for me. cant give an opinion on fujin, as i dont have one.

Its exactly the same.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,630 posts
19,334 battles

Fujin and Kamikaze variants. 

30 sec torp reload, 7km range, 3x2...det range on ship 5.4.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
7 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

Have to agree: Fujin, Kamikaze and the Kamikaze R. Gone are the good old days when I could bring out my Fujin and do 100-200k games though. BB's(ok, well most of them anyway) have finally learned to not drive straight, and at a constant speed. 

I got 2 dev strikes over open water against cruisers yesterday, with my Fujin.  In a single game.  I mean, the 100k's aren't automatic, but they're still relatively easy to attain in that bad boy.

EDIT: I lied, it was a few days ago: https://replayswows.com/replay/16855#stats

(Don't laugh at my terrible gun aim, it was my warm-up game:Smile-_tongue:)

Edited by Harv72b

Members
729 posts
9,529 battles
On 2/17/2018 at 8:45 AM, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

Minakaze/Fujin/Kamakaze/Kamakaze R

Without a doubt.

There great stat padding ships, I should know, since there OP for there tier.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
13 minutes ago, Capt_Mexib said:

Without a doubt.

There great stat padding ships, I should know, since there OP for there tier.

on'tday aysay ey'rethay opyay ! atthay ustjay opensyay ethay oorday orfay omeonesay otay inewhay aboutyay erfsnay . :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 2

Members
729 posts
9,529 battles
1 hour ago, Wulfgarn said:

on'tday aysay ey'rethay opyay ! atthay ustjay opensyay ethay oorday orfay omeonesay otay inewhay aboutyay erfsnay . :Smile-_tongue:

Yea, I should shut up. :Smile_Default:

• Funny 1

-Members-
360 posts
194 battles

In the game, or one you can realistically get? Others have mentioned the Premium Trio that is the best in game, but what you can realistically get is Mutsuki/Minekaze.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,596 posts
13,513 battles

Kamikaze sisters for sure... not even a contest. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,692 posts
12,778 battles

Minekaze has become pretty crappy, even with a 19pt in it.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
996 posts
17,967 battles

Kamikaze without a doubt

Actually is the only IJN DD working.

All others are just crap, being Kagero the only mediocre one (compared to what other tier 8 DDs bring to the table)

[CVA16]
Members
5,011 posts
14,978 battles
On 2/21/2018 at 10:52 AM, Gyphon_GF said:

Kami / variants by far  ... and don't forget about their guns

They have guns???:cap_haloween:

I guess since theirs were not nerfed, they are certainly better than their tech tree stablemates. Still only bring them out for special occasions when you want to forego your stealthy ninja torpedo boat role. If you want to use them you have wake up the gunners and they will be even more angry knowing they now have to clean them and will have help fix all the holes blown in the ship from red ships that can now see you.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Funny 2

[WOLF4]
Members
846 posts
11,154 battles
17 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

They have guns???:cap_haloween:

I guess since theirs were not nerfed, they are certainly better than their tech tree stablemates. Still only bring them out for special occasions when you want to forego your stealthy ninja torpedo boat role. If you want to use them you have wake up the gunners and they will be even more angry knowing they now have to clean them and will have help fix all the holes blown in the ship from red ships that can now see you.

The guns on the Fujin/Kami are situational - but surprisingly effective, with a slow reload but really good HE alpha.

I don't hesitate to use them to finish off a wounded DD within the Fujin's 5.4km detection range - and starting a fire from smoke on a BB you've just caused to burn their damage control is never a bad strategy.  I find them useful enough that I spec the 19 pt Skipper that alternates between Yugumo and Fujin with EM, BFT and DE (though I will acknowledge the gun system on the Yugumo is far, far more useful than Fujins).

A quick check of one of the stat sites tells me I've played 276 matches in Fujin - destroying 285 ships with torps, and 81 with main guns.

Anyway - favorite - and far and away - the most OP ship in the game.

• Cool 2

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
799 posts
14,280 battles
5 hours ago, n5bar said:

How do I get a Kamikaze or a Fujin?

Unfortunately not Available their considered OP so WG won't sell them anymore Kami R may be available again if another Event comes out. Alternatively   around Christmas if your lucky you could get Kami  a Santa Box   

[LF]
Members
205 posts
12 hours ago, yamato6945 said:

Unfortunately not Available their considered OP so WG won't sell them anymore Kami R may be available again if another Event comes out. Alternatively   around Christmas if your lucky you could get Kami  a Santa Box   

Yes, exactly. I sure wish I had known how this was going to work out when I was new to the game a little over a year ago. I would have bought a Kami the last time it was offered. I thought (wrongly) that I didn't want a DD that was all torpedoes and not much in the way of guns. Now I am trying to learn to stealth torp and it sure would be nice to have a kami for that. Instead I have to put up with the stealth torps from these ops when I am driving a BB or cruiser and can't benefit from the same trick (at least to the same extent) with a tech tree IJN DD.

I did buy a bunch of santa boxes. Got a couple ships I really wanted (BBs, cruisers) so that was cool. But instead of the kami I got the pan-Asian DDs. Yeahhhhhh....... I haven't even configured the pan-Asian DDs. I really Don't like the deep water torps.

Ok, rant for the month. I'll go back to being a good sailor. Aye sir, swab the deck......