You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jake_Miller_67

Too many DDs

20 comments in this topic

[DUDS]
Members
89 posts
8,092 battles

Could the powers that be please do everyone a favor: in any match Tier VIII or higher, please just limit the maximum number of DDs per side to 3.  It's bad enough to roll out a Tirpitz and end up facing a Yamato, Montana and Kurfurst; but to see 4 and 5 DDs?  C'mon already, enough is enough.  The DDs at those Tiers sit with 6 and 8 km detection, smoke AND 10+ km torpedo range...really?  Try dodging one torp with a Kurfurst that already has a silly dispersion of its shells and moves with all the grace of a wounded sloth and you'll understand in a hurry.  I'm not asking to nerf any Tier X DDs, though that would sure be nice, but at least with 3 as a max, you stand a far better chance of a decent match for all players involved.  At a minimum, the sea wouldn't be a mass of crisscrossing red torps.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

I'd be happy to trade a, say, 4 DD limit for, say, a 4 BB limit.  Realize that 5 BBs every game isn't a lot of fun for cruisers either, especially at mid-tiers where the cruiser/BB power differential is greatest.

• Cool 1

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
207 posts
13,935 battles

It’s an anomaly when you have missions that depend on ship torpedo hits and damage. 

Last night there were also people commenting in game chat that there were a lot of Atlantas out last night took. There was also a get 1000 hits from main armament mission. 

It does help mix up the gameplay so I’m not complaining. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

Limiting the number of ships increases queue time. Think of how long the queue times are sometimes for CVs. DDs are already limited to 5 at mid- to high tiers.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles

Ship torpedo mission in session!

This category should be abolished and replaced by ALL torpedoes...might mitigate some DD into carriers instead...

[NG-NL]
Members
6,143 posts
9,801 battles

Ship torpedoes are required in a mission, small surprise. My progress has been slow in Z-23 and Algerie.

If it only required torpedoes, I'd be running Taiho for that. Better accuracy!

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The DD surplus at moment is because French Missions require Torpedo hits today.

1 minute ago, Reymu said:

Ship torpedoes are required in a mission, small surprise. My progress has been slow in Z-23 and Algerie.

Don't forget BBs! Remember in the last 2 weeks (discounting the ships no longer available for purchase as well as those that are the right tier for the mission), Scharn and Gneisenau top the Torpedo Hit Ratio and have done so for a while - beating the DDs that were taken off sale for being OP (that is of course on top of their guns lol). :Smile_honoring:

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
31 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Limiting the number of ships increases queue time. Think of how long the queue times are sometimes for CVs. DDs are already limited to 5 at mid- to high tiers.

Unless it changed in a recent update, there is no limit to the number of DDs. About a month or two ago I was in a match with 6 BBs and 6 DDs per side (tier IX or X).

Unrelated - I know it's just luck, but what I've found is that if I play a Cruiser there's only 1 or 2 DDs per side. If I play a DD, there's 4 per side. Wish I could reverse that, get more DDs when I'm in a ship to fight them, and less when I'm in a ship to compete with them. lol

Sort of like how if you bring in a ship spec'd for AA - there's no CV, but if you bring a ship in with sparse AA, you get a CV every time.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

While i agree that so many DDs makes the games boring, limiting the number of a "X" ship is not the solution. 

• Boring 1

Members
3,597 posts
21,531 battles

Many DDs is historical, 5 BBs in a battle is not. So let's bring back historical accuracy here and limit BBs to 2 per match.

Or we can just stop complaining about MM when there are missions requiring torpedo hits/damage.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

As one of those DDs I can tell you that you'd be amazed at the number of Kurfursts that dodge my torpedoes.  Work on improving your situational awareness, don't sit bow on for extended periods of time, and vary your course and speed often (particularly when rounding islands while spotted).  If you truly want to experience frustration, try playing a few matches in a Shimakaze where the opposing battleships travel in unpredictable ways and the red cruisers/destroyers focus you down properly whenever you're spotted. :Smile-_tongue:

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

WHY LIMIT? That would be like you as a player must choose your ships with x games played in each per day. The preferential MM has made the game broken but still playable. A limit would make the game with the preferential MM Undesirable and effectively destroy it . My suggestion to you is learn how to play with what your given.  

Members
4,415 posts
17,984 battles
2 hours ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

Unrelated - I know it's just luck, but what I've found is that if I play a Cruiser there's only 1 or 2 DDs per side. If I play a DD, there's 4 per side. Wish I could reverse that, get more DDs when I'm in a ship to fight them, and less when I'm in a ship to compete with them. lol

Sort of like how if you bring in a ship spec'd for AA - there's no CV, but if you bring a ship in with sparse AA, you get a CV every time.

I hear that! On the very rare times I drive a BB these days there's always 5 DDs on the Red team. When driving a Cruiser there's usually 2-4 DDs on the Red team. When I'm driving a DD there's usually only 1 or 2 DDs per team. And when I'm driving Cleveland or Hindenberg I never see a CV. :Smile-_tongue:

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
1 minute ago, ReddNekk said:

I hear that! On the very rare times I drive a BB these days there's always 5 DDs on the Red team. When driving a Cruiser there's usually 2-4 DDs on the Red team. When I'm driving a DD there's usually only 1 or 2 DDs per team. And when I'm driving Cleveland or Hindenberg I never see a CV. :Smile-_tongue:

lol don't say that, I'm grinding for the Hindy now (should have it sometime later today, i hope). Looking forward to testing it against a Midway...

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles
3 hours ago, Reymu said:

I used Ognevoi, Mahan, and Gaede (finally found a reason to spec their captains) and one came from Takao. Ognevoi looks like a keeper to me after the mess that is this torpedo mission (Aigle one completes along the way of getting that 25 torpedo hits).

I reverted my Lex to HE bombs because of the influx of destroyers, too...

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles
23 minutes ago, GabeTheDespot said:

Too many DDs XD!

I do agree that all the DDs is frustrating, because the frequency of random smoke and lack of team play appears higher.

Teamplay is impediment to torpedo hits...them gun-toting people keep stealing those ships away from the torpedoes...:Smile_sceptic: