Aerith_

Chat banned while already being chat banned

16 comments in this topic

[NNC]
Members
3 posts
4,673 battles

I was already chat banned for 3 days and would've been out of it today. But yesterday I got another strike for 7 days, I couldn't have said anything to get another strike since I was already chat banned. Is the system slow to recive these things. Do I just have to wait out my 7 days or in a horrible turn of events, I get a 30 day. For something I said maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Hope it's possible for maybe someone in war gaming to remove the 7day ban 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,361 posts
13,880 battles

Maybe you should spend some time playing the ships you want to limit.

Members
1,271 posts
3,749 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Maybe you should spend some time playing the ships you want to limit.

*wrong thread*

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,361 posts
13,880 battles
7 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

*wrong thread*

Uhm, yeah, that was weird. Appeal the new ban, you may not get it removed but if you don't try you definitely won't get it removed.

[NNC]
Members
3 posts
4,673 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Uhm, yeah, that was weird. Appeal the new ban, you may not get it removed but if you don't try you definitely won't get it removed.

how do I appeal the new ban? 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,361 posts
13,880 battles
1 minute ago, Eleanor_Rose said:

how do I appeal the new ban? 

Through support. Someone that has been through this can help more than I can.

[NNC]
Members
3 posts
4,673 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Through support. Someone that has been through this can help more than I can.

oh ok, thanks anyway 

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,322 battles

This short video from Wargaming outlines the new Chat Ban policy that folks have been noticing.  Unfortunately, I am not sure that any appeals process exists...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,774 posts
22,132 battles

I am still pondering a chat ban when you are already chat banned...... So Wargaming, a person who is unable to chat because of a chat ban, is given another chat ban? Just want to understand how all this works. I am guessing it isn't based on facts, evidence, or reason. Is it something Russian? Maybe something like "feels" that people from California seem to be obsessed with? Is this a new mechanic in the game? Is there a way just to turn my chat off so I won't be dragged into whatever Chat Inquisition is going on with you people? Is there a mod that is legal where I can turn off my chat? I rarely use chat for anything anymore because of the snowflakes and toxic players who exist in most online games nowadays but if you are chat banning people who are unable to chat now, I think I want to opt out of chat. Just want to nuke this from orbit, it is the only way we can be sure that I won't be wrongly accused of something. There really must be a bug somewhere, the only other reasons I can come up with for this kind of thing is stupidity or incompetence. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
19 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

When you see this many chat ban threads you know some snowflake in support has gone rogue.

It's funny that you mentioned this.

It reminded me that WG is closing one of their offices in NA, and moving the operations to another.

@OP, if you think this is an extreme case and you're worried about the wait, I would contact a Mod here on the forum.

The older Mods have always been there to help out in cases like this. I assume the newer Mods are the same, but idk.

I consider contacting them as a last resort, a defcon 1 situation though.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,774 posts
22,132 battles

Yeah they are moving here to Texas unfortunately. Just what we need here is more Californians... 

Got to thinking about how a thing like this is possible. Talked with a programmer friend who gave me some insight and a thought. If the OP was spamming "function keys" this could occur. Since Wargaming is unable or unwilling to disable those when you put a player on mute, this could be what happened. Programming a fix is easy according to my programmer friend so guessing Wargaming is fine with people spamming the function keys during a match or maybe they just lack the needed programming skills. 

Members
3 posts
12 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah they are moving here to Texas unfortunately. Just what we need here is more Californians... 

Got to thinking about how a thing like this is possible. Talked with a programmer friend who gave me some insight and a thought. If the OP was spamming "function keys" this could occur. Since Wargaming is unable or unwilling to disable those when you put a player on mute, this could be what happened. Programming a fix is easy according to my programmer friend so guessing Wargaming is fine with people spamming the function keys during a match or maybe they just lack the needed programming skills. 

Thats the truth.    A while back we had new family move in next door.  Meet them and ask why they moved to Texas.  Said too many rules and laws in Calif and things just getting worse.   About a month later I was talking to the wife and she was upset that she has seen so many people carrying sidearms.    Told her yep, been able to do that for a few months.  She then made a comment that she will have to make sure to vote next time to see if she can get someone in the Texas Government that would remove the law.

Looked at her and said.  "Thought you came here to get away from all the rules and laws that you did not like.  She:  Well, yes, but this is different.  Told her she should go back to Calif., has not spoken to me since.

• Cool 1