You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Verios44

CV Questions - New Player

10 comments in this topic

Members
100 posts
352 battles

So, I have decided to buy the Langley. I have found a few YT videos, but so far are not overly helpful, maybe found the wrong ones, dunno.

1. Is there any way to increase how many flights I can launch? 1/1/1 is rather...annoying

2. How do I manually control the air wings? So far, I have found out the basics of clicking on targets and that's it.

Any other general advice, tips, tricks, keyboard shortcuts, etc would be helpful.

Members
6,277 posts
19,819 battles

Until you get to tier 6 CV's are gimped but I would highly recommend watching Farazelleth's videos on youtube. very, very in depth and educational. Might be overwhelming especially since you are on the Langley, but you can still learn and practice.

Members
100 posts
352 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

Until you get to tier 6 CV's are gimped but I would highly recommend watching Farazelleth's videos on youtube. very, very in depth and educational. Might be overwhelming especially since you are on the Langley, but you can still learn and practice.

The YT vids I have found were mostly discussing multiple air wing tactics, kinda hard when you get one, but thanks.

Members
6,277 posts
19,819 battles
2 minutes ago, Verios44 said:

The YT vids I have found were mostly discussing multiple air wing tactics, kinda hard when you get one, but thanks.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
49 minutes ago, Verios44 said:

The number of squadrons you get increases as you go up in tier, but USN doesn't get as many squadrons as IJN. USN won't get another squadron until tier 7, and then again at tier 9 and t10. Ijn gets more squadrons at t5, 6, 7, 9, and 10.

Edited by cometguy

Members
100 posts
352 battles
6 minutes ago, cometguy said:

The number of squadrons you get increases as you go up in tier, but USN doesn't get as many squadrons as IJN. USN won't get another squadron until tier 7, and then again at tier 9 and t10. Ijn gets more squadrons at t5, 6, 7, 9, and 10.

That sounds a little...unbalanced

[KOHAI]
Members
1,678 posts
5,154 battles
10 minutes ago, Verios44 said:

USN squads are equal to 1.5 IJN squads, so plane numbers are actually pretty well balanced between tiers considering.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
28 minutes ago, Verios44 said:

Well, IJN squadrons are smaller and each torpedo/bomb deals less damage. But yes, more, weaker squadrons tend to be better than fewer, stronger squadrons.

[KOHAI]
Members
1,678 posts
5,154 battles

Use Alt mouse controls.

Left click+drag equals multi squad selection in the box you make. 

Use the mipmap.

Don't think low tiers are an indicator of high tiers.

Learn to strafe fast and get good at it, Lex/Ranger have a powerful strafe, that is their one advantage over shoukaku/hiryu. 

Learn to micro.

Be close enough to the enemy that your BBs are concerned, but not too close, that way your re-arm on the planes is greatly reduced.