You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
thewargod2000

uninstalling this game

109 comments in this topic

[5D4]
Beta Testers
159 posts
21,474 battles

So on the 14th I was informed I received a 3rd chat strike when I've yet to receive a second and the first was rescinded after mediation. Considering that I haven't been able to talk since the 13th, now I have been informed that I have received a 4th strike. This is beyond annoying. I am sick of the way you people run things. This game is uninstalling as I speak. I have already uninstalled tanks and warplanes, although I have no issues with those games. I see no need to support a company with such terrible customer service.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 10

Members
5,144 posts

If you get 4 strikes that quickly, you're obviously doing something wrong.  Have a nice time playing whatever you end up playing after this.  Probably better for you if it doesn't have chat.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

Remove the chat.

Period from the NA server.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 5

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

Goodness aP. What a mature and well thought out response.

Lest we be too hasty, shall we pause a moment and reflect?

The game is intended to be played with teams. The team that communicates about the mission has a huge advantage over the pack of lone wolves that does not.

Chat is a powerful method of communication when its bandwidth is not swamped with extraneous noise.

Let's keep chat and use it in an efficacious manner.

• Cool 4

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,611 posts
4,279 battles

Did you bring it up with WG Support? With 14k battles under your belt, it might be worth a shot. Otherwise, best of luck elsewhere.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
16 hours ago, Quaffer said:

Goodness aP. What a mature and well thought out response.

Lest we be too hasty, shall we pause a moment and reflect?

The game is intended to be played with teams. The team that communicates best about the mission has a huge advantage over the pack of lone wolves that does not.

Chat is a powerful method of communication when its bandwidth is not swamped with extraneous noise.

Let's keep chat and use it in an efficacious manner.

Yes, people can sometimes be jerks, but the way that WG handles these chat bans is just plain gotten out of hand.  There should be no automatic chat bans, because it's absolutely CLEAR that there are people who are "gaming the system" and getting people chat banned for no good  reason.  Furthermore, WG's customer service is giving people chat ban strikes, even when there was no just cause for a current "offense", so they just look back through the logs and find an "offense" that wasn't reported.  That is ridiculous in the extreme.

Enough already!  Stop these automatic chat bans.

As for chat, it can be improved in a couple of ways.  

1)  Remove ALL chat.  The benefits are so minute as to be all but non-existent compared to the vast number of negatives.  (EDIT:  When I say "ALL chat", what I mean is the ALL channel of chat, not all in-game chat channels.)

2)  Block dead players from any chat, except perhaps division chat.  Same reason.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles

Allot of time what you say in chat is nothing but the truth and these idiots on the team need to know they're cowards, morons and other things as they're not helping in anyway, I don't blame you, but at the end of the day people don't like the truth and report you because of it, now I report people for botting if they have played 500 plus games in a ship for less than 3k damage.

Good luck with whatever you play, try war thunder but you get the same uselessness in that one as well.

• Cool 6

[STW-D]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,194 posts
15,466 battles
52 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Yes, people can sometimes be jerks, but the way that WG handles these chat bans is just plain gotten out of hand.  There should be no automatic chat bans, because it's absolutely CLEAR that there are people who are "gaming the system" and getting people chat banned for no good  reason.  Furthermore, WG's customer service is giving people chat ban strikes, even when there was no just cause for a current "offense", so they just look back through the logs and find an "offense" that wasn't reported.  That is ridiculous in the extreme.

Enough already!  Stop these automatic chat bans.

As for chat, it can be improved in a couple of ways.  

1)  Remove ALL chat.  The benefits are so minute as to be all but non-existent compared to the vast number of negatives.

2)  Block dead players from any chat, except perhaps division chat.  Same reason.

Funny thing is.. I brought this issue up over a year ago, and people said I was wrong, paranoid, etc.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
6 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

Funny thing is.. I brought this issue up over a year ago, and people said I was wrong, paranoid, etc.

The problem is that there are a lot of people who think that saying "GG" or "hi" to someone they know on the enemy team is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freaking important, when in truth it really isn't.

• Meh 4

[STW-D]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,194 posts
15,466 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

The problem is that there are a lot of people who think that saying "GG" or "hi" to someone they know on the enemy team is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freaking important, when in truth it really isn't.

What does that have to do with people gaming the system by down voting x3?

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

I've still yet to be chat banned even once.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
9 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

I've still yet to be chat banned even once.

Same, though sometimes it seems not for lack of "trying".

20 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

What does that have to do with people gaming the system by down voting x3?

I was talking about removing ALL chat in my reply to you.  My bad.  Didn't notice that you'd put some text in bold.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,970 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Allot of time what you say in chat is nothing but the truth and these idiots on the team need to know they're cowards, morons and other things as they're not helping in anyway, I don't blame you, but at the end of the day people don't like the truth and report you because of it, now I report people for botting if they have played 500 plus games in a ship for less than 3k damage.

I have yet to get chat banned even once, and I constantly tell my team when they screw up. What matters is how you say it, and what words you pick. Two examples:

a) YOU F*CKING MORONS START PUSHING YOU COWARDS YOU ARE THE DUMBEST PEOPLE IVE EVER SEEN IN THIS GAME!!!!!!

b) Unless we make a push now, this game will be a loss. We need the Battleships up closer.

Same message, two different styles. Find the difference.

As for OP, see ya~ (or not)

Sx4jC7C.png

• Cool 8

Members
2,842 posts
8,739 battles
1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

I have yet to get chat banned even once, and I constantly tell my team when they screw up. What matters is how you say it, and what words you pick. Two examples:

a) YOU F*CKING MORONS START PUSHING YOU COWARDS YOU ARE THE DUMBEST PEOPLE IVE EVER SEEN IN THIS GAME!!!!!!

b) Unless we make a push now, this game will be a loss. We need the Battleships up closer.

Sx4jC7C.png

All in the delivery.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,142 posts
6,703 battles
2 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

Sx4jC7C.png

Ive been the 'type a' more frequently than I care to admit.....number of chat bans = 0. Ive hurled every swear word in the book at people, called them everything I can think of....I was in the Navy so I've got some really good ones!...never been chat banned.....suspended from the forum yes, but not chat banned :)

Ive come to the conclusion that unless you use racial/religious slurs or specific threats of violence you are likely to get away with it.

So, with that said Im pretty certain the OP got what he deserved and if he did use racial/religious slurs or threats then good riddance. 

Getting rid of 'dead chat' would be a good idea as thats where most of the hatred comes out, most players dont have time to type abusive comments when they are playing.....unless they are camping in the back and thats why they are getting cussed out ;)

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,970 battles
1 minute ago, hipcanuck said:

Getting rid of 'dead chat' would be a good idea as thats where most of the hatred comes out, most players dont have time to type abusive comments when they are playing.....unless they are camping in the back and thats why they are getting cussed out ;)

But it would also disable the ability for those who died to provide valuable information. In a Cyclone for example knowing how much health an opponent had before dying is extremely valuable. But if theteammate is dead, no one can tell you.

Members
81 posts
459 battles
4 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Allot of time what you say in chat is nothing but the truth and these idiots on the team need to know they're cowards, morons and other things as they're not helping in anyway, I don't blame you, but at the end of the day people don't like the truth and report you because of it, 

Allot does not mean "a lot".

If you tell someone in chat that you think they are a coward, moron, etc, do you really believe that has a positive outcome? Do you really believe that people try to better themselves as the result of random strangers on the internet screaming at them?

And yes, OBVIOUSLY they'll report you for it.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
1 minute ago, cantgobacknow said:

Allot does not mean "a lot".

If you tell someone in chat that you think they are a coward, moron, etc, do you really believe that has a positive outcome? Do you really believe that people try to better themselves as the result of random strangers on the internet screaming at them?

And yes, OBVIOUSLY they'll report you for it.

allot of the time i could'nt care less if its a lot, and i couldnt care less if they report me, if i call them a coward, theyre not going to change who they are, theyre not going to suddenly play like a champion as theyre morons and cowards, i take it youve been called a coward more than once in your life i bet

Members
3,582 posts
21,460 battles
4 hours ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

OP brought this up over a month ago and got flamed by the forum trolls and the mods then deleted the thread.

Players are being targeted by others intent on abusing the system and WG support wants to bury their head in the sand about it.