You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OppressorUnion

Whats with this Tier 10 French BB?

10 comments in this topic

[-TAB-]
Beta Testers
133 posts
7,772 battles

I have all 4 French BB, Lyon awesome , Richelieu it took me awhile to warm up to this perma bow tanking/ push playstyle but darn is it fun and at the right time your chasing down the runners or push with engine boost, very unique playstyle. So now I understand what you Dunkerque boys been playing with. What I do not understand is with this front weapon load out becoming the flavor of the French line at high tier then you get to tier X and its a 4 gun bow and stern makes me think ?.? Why? 

Why wouldn't you give us a Richelieu with 431mm and 30 sec reload and call it a day its a very fun playstyle unique to  the French and its quad turrets why not give it the same layout.  

Now I have not played the Tier x French BB but I do believe there should be a Tier X Dunkerque/ Richelieu playstyle at tier 10 it would be a shame if there wasn't.  

Edited by OppressorUnion

[-K-]
Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

I agree.  8 guns on a T10 ship with half split fore and aft just seems silly.  Even with the 24 second reload.  The tier 9 looks like a load of fun.  The 10 looks like awfulness.

• Cool 1

[AOD_D]
Supertester
219 posts
6,644 battles

I see it being a pretty effective flanking battleship. Super fast speed, fast reload, and actually accurate guns (unlike most in its line) seems like it would be a crossfiring champion. That's just my initial observations though.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,920 posts
8,438 battles
1 hour ago, OppressorUnion said:

I have all 4 French BB, Lyon awesome , Richelieu it took me awhile to warm up to this perma bow tanking/ push playstyle but darn is it fun and at the right time your chasing down the runners or push with engine boost, very unique playstyle. So now I understand what you Dunkerque boys been playing with. What I do not understand is with this front weapon load out becoming the flavor of the French line at high tier then you get to tier X and its a 4 gun bow and stern makes me think ?.? Why? 

Why wouldn't you give us a Richelieu with 431mm and 30 sec reload and call it a day its a very fun playstyle unique to  the French and its quad turrets why not give it the same layout.  

Now I have not played the Tier x French BB but I do believe there should be a Tier X Dunkerque/ Richelieu playstyle at tier 10 it would be a shame if there wasn't.  

2 ships out of the entire French BBs defines the flavor of the entire line?

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,827 posts
4,361 battles

The T10 is really just an oversized Gascogne, with a bunch of buffs in an attempt to make her work rather than just actually replacing her with something a bit more conventional, either an upscaled Richelieu/Jean Bart, or a supersized Alsace N3 (either 3x4 or 3x3 depending on gun values).

While I'm not happy with the way she is currently, if they at least buff the central armor to something higher than 32mm and gave her the maximum 12km secondary range option, she'd make for a great support brawler, following in behind GKs and adding her own firepower to theirs, where her longer secondary range would allow her to help saturate an area alongside the GK's secondaries, and her paltry 8 guns with their fast RoF can add punch to a GK's primary broadside.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,375 posts
14,094 battles

I don't think France (or République) will be weak but I really think she could have a better armor. Her secondaries are also working as AA defense but they are knock down so easily. Each time you'll get hit by HE shell, you'll lose a secondary and AA.

[REVY]
Members
6,454 posts
5,168 battles

To be honest, the bow-tanking meta at tier 10 is bad enough, it doesn't need more of it.

zAchVNc.jpg

• Funny 1

[ADAPT]
Members
938 posts
16,048 battles

tx with that kind of setup, bow tanking only create more reverse forward player..bad enough we have yamato and musashi + misuari, now you want add another bb? for god sake..stop ..