You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Stupidity

20 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,607 posts
17,341 battles

T10 match.  Our spawn at West looks promising.  T10 carriers are in play, I"ve got a Neptune AA build, and am in position to screen a Yamato and an Iowa.  I would think Yamato would be happy to be in an Iowa bubble and a Neptune screen bubble.  Very good AA position even against T10 CV.

The Yamato immediately turns into the Iowa and T-bones him.  The Iowa is pink and pretty soon the damage begins to tick away on Iowa.  The Yamato doesn't stop, but plows into him.  The  Iowa is finally able to disengage, but not after losing nigh 20% of his hit pool.  Here's a pic of the latter part of the ram incident. 

Y1.thumb.jpg.b93ae56687492e68232c9d521f4a5609.jpg

I'm about 90% certain the Yamato intentionally rammed the Iowa because Iowa was pink.  Basically instead of positioining for the match...and engaging the enemy, he decides to play with a pink T9 for the first few minutes.  

Shortly after disengaging...the Iowa..now slow and broadside to the entire red team...gets DS'd....scratch our T9BB...and perhaps most importantly, half our west side AA bubble.   It was a long drawn out game where we ultimately lost, but a win was possible.  Here's the end screen.

Y2.thumb.jpg.282169a395d0ce0fb94a441234cbd8af.jpg

Note our Iowa at the bottom.  And the offending Yamato didn't fair well either.  This is an example of where stupidity lost the game.  If our Yamato player had focused on the reds early instead of essentially killing our Iowa, that might have been enough for the win.  But surely, that Iowa could have served up some hurt as well...not just to ships...but to enemy air.  Those two factors, in retrospect,  cost us the game.  Yamato lost it for us.  It wasn't the MM.  It wasn't poor play by the other 11 players on the team. It wasn't because their CV player topped out.  It wasn't RNG.  It was stupidity. 

As the incident was only observed by me, the Yamato, and Iowa...I doubt the rest of our team...playing their game in their tactical bubble...were aware of the reason we lost.  If you were one of those players in this game...now you know.  Good effort to everyone but the stupid one.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Stupid has no boundaries. As time moves forward even the dumbest players will get to tier 10. Although rare it would seem time has caught up and Stupid has Arrived.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Stupid has no boundaries. As time moves forward even the dumbest players will get to tier 10. Although rare it would seem time has caught up and Stupid has Arrived.

I went to tier 7 Scharnhorst....just as bad as tier 3-4.  NO difference. I suck hence I could see vividly....NO difference. heh.  Actually I think tier 4 has the best fights....fun..

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

I played a game earlier tonight in my Ognevoi, T10 battle of course because I'm T8.  Domination on Two Brothers.  I spawned right so I went right, pleasantly surprised to see our Donskoi following right behind me along with a couple other ships...right up until the Donskoi lights off his radar the instant I enter the cap circle while charging full speed ahead right into the cap.  I didn't actually notice how far forward he'd gone until the near-missed aimed at him starting landing a few feet away from me (unspotted the whole time).  Despite his best efforts I not only managed to secure the cap, I even gave him a smoke screen in the hopes of saving his ship...but of course he keeps blazing away broadside to 2/3 of the enemy fleet, so you know how that goes.

As I'm struggling to hold the cap, basically on my own (I had two battleships behind me...10km behind me), I notice our Fletcher that's still sitting in the base cap "guarding" the middle channel (which nobody on either team is in).  We're a good 8 minutes into the battle at this point, with a massive fight ongoing on the other side as well.  But while I'm chipping away at an enemy Shimakaze 3-4k at a time before I have to break off due to heavy supporting fire, our best gunboat is lobbing torpedoes down the empty channel.

Well, our fleet on the other side of the map finally manages to push through their defense and gain a cap over there, we've managed to whittle down the opposition on our side, and having finally finished off that Shima I'm sitting in my last smoke happily burning down battleships & feeling fairly comfortable with my 6k health remaining...right up until I suddenly start taking lots of fire and notice that my stationary ship is lurching forward.  Yep, friendly Alabama finally decided to push forward, and he sure as hell wasn't letting some little destroyer hidden in a smoke cloud slow him down.  Luckily, by the time I finally manage to break free of his bow my gun bloom has long since worn off, and I manage to escape with 2.4k HP left.

Despite all of that I managed to survive the battle and we won, which should give you a pretty good idea about the quality of the opposing team. :fish_palm:

Beta Testers
642 posts
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

T10 match.  Our spawn at West looks promising.  T10 carriers are in play, I"ve got a Neptune AA build, and am in position to screen a Yamato and an Iowa.  I would think Yamato would be happy to be in an Iowa bubble and a Neptune screen bubble.  Very good AA position even against T10 CV.

The Yamato immediately turns into the Iowa and T-bones him.  The Iowa is pink and pretty soon the damage begins to tick away on Iowa.  The Yamato doesn't stop, but plows into him.  The  Iowa is finally able to disengage, but not after losing nigh 20% of his hit pool.  Here's a pic of the latter part of the ram incident. 

Y1.thumb.jpg.b93ae56687492e68232c9d521f4a5609.jpg

I'm about 90% certain the Yamato intentionally rammed the Iowa because Iowa was pink.  Basically instead of positioining for the match...and engaging the enemy, he decides to play with a pink T9 for the first few minutes.  

Shortly after disengaging...the Iowa..now slow and broadside to the entire red team...gets DS'd....scratch our T9BB...and perhaps most importantly, half our west side AA bubble.   It was a long drawn out game where we ultimately lost, but a win was possible.  Here's the end screen.

Y2.thumb.jpg.282169a395d0ce0fb94a441234cbd8af.jpg

Note our Iowa at the bottom.  And the offending Yamato didn't fair well either.  This is an example of where stupidity lost the game.  If our Yamato player had focused on the reds early instead of essentially killing our Iowa, that might have been enough for the win.  But surely, that Iowa could have served up some hurt as well...not just to ships...but to enemy air.  Those two factors, in retrospect,  cost us the game.  Yamato lost it for us.  It wasn't the MM.  It wasn't poor play by the other 11 players on the team. It wasn't because their CV player topped out.  It wasn't RNG.  It was stupidity. 

As the incident was only observed by me, the Yamato, and Iowa...I doubt the rest of our team...playing their game in their tactical bubble...were aware of the reason we lost.  If you were one of those players in this game...now you know.  Good effort to everyone but the stupid one.

Yeah it's probably true that they did it on purpose. I know that back when ramming damage would extend your pink time jerks would purposefully go search out and rub up against pinks trying to simply play their games to get un pink and have a good laugh about it. That way the pik had to play extra games even if they were being extra careful to avoid team damage.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
16,601 battles

Islands of Ice, Domination match. southern-side spawn. Me and my clan mate spawn closest to C, me in Akizuki, he in Benson. We push the cap, but encounter two DDs and multiple large ships that all pushed to within easy striking distance of the cap. We had a Belfast pushing up with us that stopped and smoked up a kilometer or so south of the cap, taking pretty heavy fire, our BBs on that side not really in it yet. My division mate and I used cover and then smoke as the entire north side of the cap heated up, our guns blazing any time we were able to see a red DD as we tried not to get sunk. Meanwhile, our Belfast pushed into the cap, using my smoke to cover, then smoked again. Up to this point I was thrilled that we had a Belfast with us. But I noted his positioning in the smoke and told my clan mate "our Belfast is sitting at right angles to likely enemy torpedo drops. He is gonna eat a voll-" as the swarm of red torpedoes crossed to my right (I just left that position) and slammed into the Belfast, sinking him. Then, much to my surprise, came the comment: "Worthless Akizuki... if you had done your job and killed that DD."

My clan mate and I had a laugh. Guy in a cruiser designed to kill DDs does something stupid and gets killed... by a DD... with two friendly DDs screening ahead of him... because he thought sitting sideways in smoke in the only hotly contested cap in the game was a good idea.

You can't make this stuff up.

Respects,

Am

• Cool 1

Members
4,415 posts
17,984 battles
37 minutes ago, centarina said:

you thnk that is bad,  Corgi  event brought out even more stupidity.    sheeesh.  

As a retired Firefighter who can attest without fear of successful contradiction that stupidity is the Human race's most prominent and enduring trait, I'm not surprised to read that.

[0456]
Members
3,348 posts
9,066 battles
12 hours ago, dmckay said:

Actually I think tier 4 has the best fights....fun..

Yes that's where all the seal clubbers hang out. There are some pretty wild roshambos down there. 

• Cool 1

[JASH]
Members
3,781 posts
12,425 battles

Yep, roughly 16% of the human population is as dumb as a bag of rocks, not to mention the other 34%. 

Members
270 posts
1 hour ago, Gascan75 said:

Yes that's where all the seal clubbers hang out. There are some pretty wild roshambos down there. 

I appreciate this post both for the comment's accuracy and for the clever use of words. 

[0456]
Members
3,348 posts
9,066 battles
2 hours ago, ArgosRising said:

I appreciate this post both for the comment's accuracy and for the clever use of words. 

Somebody with a badge just like yours killed me in battle a couple hours ago so seeing it again triggers me. 

I'm sorry but I have to hate you and everything you say just on principle. 

(lol)

Edited by Gascan75

Members
270 posts
On 2/17/2018 at 2:50 PM, Gascan75 said:

Somebody with a badge just like yours killed me in battle a couple hours ago so seeing it again triggers me. 

I'm sorry but I have to hate you and everything you say just on principle. 

(lol)

I feel like a lot of people have my badge so... maybe you should work on that or you may be in for a long haul :cap_haloween:

[TMS]
Members
3,158 posts
31,260 battles
On 17/02/2018 at 4:27 AM, xXxRCADDICT said:

You can almost? Expect to see that in say tier2 maybe 3 but, 10 holy crap what in the hell.........

I see stupid at all tiers now.

[TMS]
Members
3,158 posts
31,260 battles
On 17/02/2018 at 4:50 PM, Gascan75 said:

But is becoming more fun, everyone just gets stuck in and brawls.

I don't play many battles down there but its a refreshing difference now and then.

Edited by Final8ty

[ARGSY]
Members
18,290 posts
12,748 battles
On 2/17/2018 at 12:53 AM, Soshi_Sone said:

Shortly after disengaging...the Iowa..now slow and broadside to the entire red team...gets DS'd...

What the hell did the Yamato think he was playing at? That goes beyond idiocy. Send in the replay on a ticket and get this idiot permabanned. Because if I were on the WG staff, this would be exactly the sort of troll-griefer bull**** behaviour I would want to see out of the game. Conduct like this is the reason they permaban repeated teamkillers, but even if he didn't actually fire a shot, what this guy did got the Iowa killed and to me there is no difference. 

The same applies to anyone who piles into smoke at high speed and T-bones the ship which generated the cloud out into the open in front of multiple enemy ships. Had that happen to me by someone who seemed eager to shove me out the way and take up my gunnery position to steal a kill. Few things are more disgustingly selfish.

[SWDT]
Members
621 posts

one thing I often fail to remind myself is that most of the player base doesn't come on the forums.  they play for fun and don't give a toss about stats or hurting anyone's feelings.  WG doesn't care what they do as long as they are spending money and filling up the queues.  I just served a suspension for raging about the type of player noted in this scenario - it's just what we're going to have to learn to accept.  

• Cool 1