Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheNargacuga

Choosing matches with carriers, a different take.

5 comments in this topic

Members
376 posts
5 battles

I know what most of you are thinking with the title, that it's just another thread demanding the ability to not play with carriers. It's not. My suggestion is to have a tickbox that allows the queue time for a player to go longer than the hard limit of 5 minutes just to be able to put into a match with a carrier every time. If it's not ticked it's the exact same system we have now. When I get far enough I know that I"ll set up a few ships in AA spec and would rather have this so that my captain points don't go to waste. 

[K-9]
Beta Testers
2,009 posts

a simpler solution is to give aa barrage to every ship as a consumable option. What makes CVs so OP is that only a small amount of ships I the game have enough AA to counter a CV.

USN BBs for example, have 'revenge' AA ... the attack planes will reach the BB and hit it hard.. but not sink it unless it was moderately hurt...and its AA will wreck the squadrons on the way out. Problem with this? If a CV has run out of 'aa-less' targets (like IJN ships and DDs) and the only remaining targets are AA BBs like the USNs... it will gladly suicide the attack planes on it in order to get the kill.

The only effective AA ships are cruisers. USN cruisers and Neptune/Mino. Their AA is so strong it wrecks plane squadrons before they reach a target ..and in my experience with the Neptune AA build, even tier 10 squadrons get decimated before they get to torp drop range and then annihilated before they leave the AA bubble. Problem is these ships do not and can not stick to BBs side to protect them.. cruisers are too vulnerable and sticking with BBs prevents them from being in range to shoot red ships and/or from getting into cover from which to fire. So they don't most of the time. Hence AA-less BBs find themselves alone and die to CVs. There is simply no teamwork conducive design when it comes to AA.

BUT... give all BBs the AA barrage and things change. Even the weak AA BBs suddenly have at least a chance at doing something vs aircraft.

Remember, the ONLY thing AA-less ships could do vs CVs was find them and set them on fire so they could not launch planes... but that has been removed with the new cv capt skill perk. What do AA-less ships get in compensation? Nothing.

• Funny 1

Members
1,373 posts

A better idea is to remove the Human. Bot carriers all the time! The variances in the Human ability to play carriers affects the outcome of games. Also the Humans who play Carriers likely have severe cognitive issues addressed in the various versions of the DSRR...These are not desirable humans to play a game with. If defective Humans stop playing WOWs is that really a bad thing?

Keep the Carriers, lose the Human..

This post paid for by the Bot Union - local 103. 

Members
3,305 posts
6,679 battles

Yeah I LIKE that idea..BOT carriers but also plane flight time limitation in the sky.  Planes have a max airtime for their mission.  That way carriers do not have unlimited power projection to fly planes from one side of the map to the other. I would put the time as like 90 seconds round trip. So its 45 seconds to get to target then back to CV unless the CV is closing the distance to the planes making it shorter.  Of course it works the other way also - CV goes away then the plane mission is LESS time to accomplish.  Okay..Everything SOLVED LOL! 

Sign in to follow this