You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

12 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
Beta Testers
522 posts
9,554 battles

I have started learning and researching about Plan Z and German Warships of WW1 and WW2 over 20 years ago. I have been working on and off on this book project for about 5 years now. I am glad to have finished the first volume in the series about the German Plan Z cruiser designs, and German Naval History from the 1500's to 1945. I have also set up a You Tube account that will feature Video's about Plan Z, my large scale ship building projects, and my 3D modeling and illustration processes for these ships. My You tube page is at 

My Book is available on Amazon at: https://www.amazon.com/Warships-Plan-German-fleet-fought-ebook/dp/B079V8SC3W/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1518834187&sr=1-1&keywords=Warships+of+Plan+Z

MyBookCover.thumb.jpg.a59b8fda0525730dbeaed84577d918ed.jpg

Thank You all to any who would be interested in viewing this.

• Cool 3

[WULUF]
Beta Testers
522 posts
9,554 battles

Thank You all who are giving it a look. I have found a few minor things i am researching for small revisions, and I'm working steady on the second volume. 

Members
3,059 posts
2,529 battles

I'm a little confused about your use of volume. So the book on Amazon is the first volume and it will talk about the cruisers of Plan Z?

[WULUF]
Beta Testers
522 posts
9,554 battles

Yes, Sorry for the late reply. The second volume will cover the Battleships. The different H class designs of which there were 7. The Aircraft carriers, and Hybrid carriers. The Wolf Torpedo boat. The Mine layer design, and some other ships that were not German ships but Italian and Spanish ships that were designed and not built. The reason for this is that I am 3D modeling the Battleships right now, and I still need to make 2D line illustrations of these ships for the second book. I still have some work for Wikipedia for the first volume also. The P class cruiser had 2 separate designs. I really should have finished that and the Spahkruezer models and illustrations before publishing the first volume. I have drug my feet so long on it though and have some other projects going on, so I thought if I published the first volume that it would motivate me to continue working on the books as a whole, and so far i have dedicated at least 3 hours a day to doing that. Anyway I also will ad the Zerstroyer (Destroyer 1936C) design in the second book, and or ad it to a revision of the first book as it was considered a Plan Z design, and the design that led to the Spahkruezer designs. 

I also want to ad a chapter about made up ship designs, like 4 of the German Warships in this game. I don't intend to talk crap about them. I just want to point out that they were designed to fill in the tier gap in WOWS and that they are presented as if they were paper ships that had been designed by German Naval Planers. This is not so. They were designed by War Gaming 3D modelers and I commend them on the work for the ships as they seem logical as if Germany had developed them. They are fun and fit into the game well. They just are not real history. 

I hope that answers your question and if you have purchased my first volume, I thank You. Happy Reading. Haratio Fales.

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
4,583 battles
On March 31, 2018 at 12:13 AM, LL_JuneBug said:

Yes, Sorry for the late reply. The second volume will cover the Battleships. The different H class designs of which there were 7. The Aircraft carriers, and Hybrid carriers. The Wolf Torpedo boat. The Mine layer design, and some other ships that were not German ships but Italian and Spanish ships that were designed and not built. The reason for this is that I am 3D modeling the Battleships right now, and I still need to make 2D line illustrations of these ships for the second book. I still have some work for Wikipedia for the first volume also. The P class cruiser had 2 separate designs. I really should have finished that and the Spahkruezer models and illustrations before publishing the first volume. I have drug my feet so long on it though and have some other projects going on, so I thought if I published the first volume that it would motivate me to continue working on the books as a whole, and so far i have dedicated at least 3 hours a day to doing that. Anyway I also will ad the Zerstroyer (Destroyer 1936C) design in the second book, and or ad it to a revision of the first book as it was considered a Plan Z design, and the design that led to the Spahkruezer designs. 

I also want to ad a chapter about made up ship designs, like 4 of the German Warships in this game. I don't intend to talk crap about them. I just want to point out that they were designed to fill in the tier gap in WOWS and that they are presented as if they were paper ships that had been designed by German Naval Planers. This is not so. They were designed by War Gaming 3D modelers and I commend them on the work for the ships as they seem logical as if Germany had developed them. They are fun and fit into the game well. They just are not real history. 

I hope that answers your question and if you have purchased my first volume, I thank You. Happy Reading. Haratio Fales.

So the cruiser designs for the German cruiser line are fakes I always thought something was off about them. So you do have a chapter on the fakes as well good. Wish the battleship volume was available as well maybe in a a year or two I suppose on that volume. Cruiser was my first to tier 10 anyway. 

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
4,583 battles
On February 16, 2018 at 8:45 PM, LL_JuneBug said:

I have started learning and researching about Plan Z and German Warships of WW1 and WW2 over 20 years ago. I have been working on and off on this book project for about 5 years now. I am glad to have finished the first volume in the series about the German Plan Z cruiser designs, and German Naval History from the 1500's to 1945. I have also set up a You Tube account that will feature Video's about Plan Z, my large scale ship building projects, and my 3D modeling and illustration processes for these ships. My You tube page is at 

My Book is available on Amazon at: https://www.amazon.com/Warships-Plan-German-fleet-fought-ebook/dp/B079V8SC3W/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1518834187&sr=1-1&keywords=Warships+of+Plan+Z

MyBookCover.thumb.jpg.a59b8fda0525730dbeaed84577d918ed.jpg

Thank You all to any who would be interested in viewing this.

Paperback version later?

[WULUF]
Beta Testers
522 posts
9,554 battles
16 hours ago, landedkiller said:

So the cruiser designs for the German cruiser line are fakes I always thought something was off about them. So you do have a chapter on the fakes as well good. Wish the battleship volume was available as well maybe in a a year or two I suppose on that volume. Cruiser was my first to tier 10 anyway. 

I am actually working more feverishly on the Battleship Volume, and or as it will be volume 2 at the moment. I played around way to long on the first one, like between 5 and 6 years, however I was also building a 1/72 scratch built model of the M class Light Cruiser, and studying 3D modeling along the way. I have quite a few Models to make so I can do the Wikipedia articles, and Color Line Drawings for the H class Battleship designs. I have learned how to model them much quicker than when I started, so I hope and plan to be able to publish the second volume by December. That is what i am aiming for. 

Now The second volume probably will be more interesting than the first for the people that want to see the Battleships, as most people find them more interesting than the Cruisers. I go way more into history in the first volume about Prussia and Brandenburg in the 1500's up to 1940 so when I am Discussing Plan Z the reader has an idea of how Germany arrived at that point in history. In volume 2 i start with the history of modern Battleships in 1890 right after the Ironclad era and discuss how Germany and the rest of the world progressed into the Pre-Dreadnought Battleships, then to the  Dreadnought Battleship era and into the Super Dreadnought designs. Finally I discuss the Standardization of Battleships in Germany, and other countries and the Fast Battleship concept. 

As for the False Warship designs in Games, Not just WOWS, but Navy Field. I plan to write that chapter, and or Chapter in a way that is not Derogatory to the games, and or designers. I mainly wish to point out that they are presented as historical ships, but they are not. Or at least they were conjectured on logical data, but they were not designs that were produced in Germany during that era. I have debated and argued that I could draw up a ship design with forged papers and have a damn good chance at selling the idea of it as something that was real. I wouldn't do that though as I have integrity that doesn't allow for that kind of behavior from me. I just think that these games should say that the designs are conjectural to fill in the Tier levels. 

Oh and just to be strait the German Ships that are what I would call fake are: Yorck which is an interesting conjecture on the part of the designer. Yorck is leaning towards the M class light cruiser slightly other than its a split deck and has a transom stern instead of the rounded stern of the M class. Yorck is also designed with WW1 era 210mm (8.3inch) main guns that were surplus from ships of ww1. That means that this is suppose to be a light cruiser with guns larger than the Hipper class Heave Cruisers, and built in 1923 when the Naval treaties were well in play. It would have been more realistic with 170mm (6.9inch) main guns, and or the 15cm (5.9inch) guns that were used on the other light cruisers. I think they should have just modeled the M class Light cruiser as it was a ship that was laid down and being built before Plan Z was canceled. Roon and Hindenburg are the other 2 ships in the game that are conceived by War Gaming staff and only the triple 203mm turrets were a concept that Germany was testing. Germany had no official plans for Heavy Cruisers beyond the Hippers. Frederic Der Grosse at Tier 9 is basically the H39 design except for having the catapult in the wrong place and in a place that I personally find undesirable. I don't think the Germans would mount a catapult between Main Gun turrets. At tier 10 is Grosser Kurfurst. This one I would say is based on the H43 hull and the only problems that I have with her is again the catapult is wrong as in between the rear main turrets when the plans had them on a rotating catapult in between the rear turret and the end of the ship. Also the Triple gun turrets with 16.5 guns were not being planned by the Germans. On H39 the 406mm (16inch) guns were to be used. On the H41 designs they planned to use the 420mm (16.5inch) guns. and then H42/H43, jumped to 480mm (19inch) guns, and finally the H44 design (which was designed as a 140,000 ton Battleship) had intended 508mm (20inch) guns. Now it should be noted that H44 was intended as a design study and that it wasn't  feasible for Germany to build anything larger than H42 with the facilities they had at the time. Also the Triple turrets were problematic due to the Germans still using large guns that were a block breech design instead of an interrupting screw breach that the whole rest of the world had progressed to. I think that Grosser Kurfurst is a good speculation to fit at Tier 10 in the game and they do let you choose between 12-16 inch guns  and 16.5 inch that shoot slower. I think it would be more historical to have G Kur with 8-19inch guns. Anyway, I said a mouthful. I hope it isn't to nerdy. Haratio Fales

• Cool 1

[WULUF]
Beta Testers
522 posts
9,554 battles

I didn't answer the paper back or hard back book question. I might format the books to be able to be ordered this way, however since I use Wikipedia, and 2 other websites to link the foot notes, I would need to rewrite the articles from them, and or see if i could get permission to use the articles as foot notes that are outlined in the books. I don't know if that is possible but I am checking on it. I would also have to make the book large so that the line illustrations would be large enough to view with detail. I am looking into the idea of formatting them this way though, so as to ad the option.