You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
what34rebel

How to fix US CV

12 comments in this topic

[NKOTD]
Members
6 posts
9,013 battles

Playing US CV at any tier now is no LONGER FUN. A lot of cv player I know stop playing there US cv and sold them for the fact they are now less then useless to us and there not fun any more but here is a way to FIX THE [edited] OF A MASH WG MADE OF IT

1 under do all the rebalancing that was try.( you guy just [edited] it up so STOP!!!!!!!)

2 if 1 is not done then give us CV play a chose to pick how we would like to play are CV GIVE US THE CHOSE to pick are loud out

3 US &JAPANESE cv are no longer balance for the JAPANESE CV have a 2-1 on US and plz plz don't sell me the [edited] that because JAPANESE CV have FEWER planes in reserve them get more air groups where as the US CV have MORE planes in reserve them they get fewer air groups the work with this imbalance all the CV from the start and made it so the OLNY way US CV could fight JAPANESE CV was to go Air superiority for those playing US CV and now we don't have that that just wrong

US are no longer fun anymore with the JAPANESE  outnumber us it doesn't matter how BIG of a reserve you have for in the end it the planes in the air that dose all the work not the ones in reserve JAPANESE CV have a 2-1 over US CV  in the air war with number alone they force the battle and make it so the only way for anyone to play CV and have fun is to play the JAPANESE line. if so why put in any new CV line at all why not just remove US CV line for all the useless it is now      

[TSIOF]
Members
1 post
11,174 battles

I agree I sold my Essex because I could no longer fight the enemy taihos and taking away the t9 fighters for her too not to mention giving the midway t9 fighters and taking away t10 torpers

Members
2,633 posts
4,262 battles

Lord no don't undo those changes.  Checking the numbers has most tiers of USN CV's doing much better.  Removing AS squadrons are forcing USN CV's to actually do damage and support the sea war a ton more.  We have lost the ability to completely rule the skies but thats only an issue at T7 and T8...where the premiums are so everyone is screwed anyway.  The numbers are far closer now then they have been in the past two years...except for in two tiers.

T9 has the Taiho far and away ahead of the Essex.  From the looks of it twelve torpedo bombers to the Essex's six are putting the Taiho massively ahead of the Essex in damage and win rate.

The other is T10...where the Midway absolutely dominates not only the Hakuryu,  but everything else as well.  She's just received nerfs to her fighters in an attempt to make the Hak strike package better at controlling her but I can tell you right now its not going to be enough.  We're going to go through several other nerfs to the Midway before she gets to a more comfortable,  less broken zone.

It just...can't be a massive removal of her firepower.  The Essex/Taiho is showing that six versus twelve torpedo bombers just doesn't work.  

Personally?  I enjoy my Lex a ton more after the changes.  She can perform both roles with a large bend towards damage but playing smart,    I can deal some decent damage to the enemies air wing before they empty my hangars.

Clan Supertest Coordinator
1,817 posts
8,655 battles

.....I'm speechless

You guys need to learn how to CV properly. Former USN Strike or AS loadout is straight out stupid and it's good that they removed them

If you can't win fighter battles in Essex vs Taiho or Midway vs Hak, your fighter skill is very likely questionable.

You are more in numbers (10 vs 14) and you have more ammunition and stronger strafe fire power. If you can't use that to make yourself advantage, of course you lose.

USN CV now became a lot more stable in terms of every aspect. The only problem is most player refusing to adapt to the new load out.

After rework USN CVs received following buffs:

Bogue - straight out better load out (111) than old ones

Indy - More durable DB

Ranger, Lex - Questionable load out such as 202 and 013 got removed. 112 is way balanced and is perfectly capable of dealing lot damage. Btw Lexington with AP bomb has potentially more damage capability than Enterprise

Essex - 212 has less firepower compared to former 113 strike load out, but now you can actually compete against Taihou for air control and deal damage at the same time

Midway - imo borderline OP

• Meh 1

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles
21 minutes ago, Treediagram said:

.....I'm speechless

You guys need to learn how to CV properly. Former USN Strike or AS loadout is straight out stupid and it's good that they removed them

If you can't win fighter battles in Essex vs Taiho or Midway vs Hak, your fighter skill is very likely questionable.

You are more in numbers (10 vs 14) and you have more ammunition and stronger strafe fire power. If you can't use that to make yourself advantage, of course you lose.

USN CV now became a lot more stable in terms of every aspect. The only problem is most player refusing to adapt to the new load out.

After rework USN CVs received following buffs:

Bogue - straight out better load out (111) than old ones

Indy - More durable DB

Ranger, Lex - Questionable load out such as 202 and 013 got removed. 112 is way balanced and is perfectly capable of dealing lot damage. Btw Lexington with AP bomb has potentially more damage capability than Enterprise

Essex - 212 has less firepower compared to former 113 strike load out, but now you can actually compete against Taihou for air control and deal damage at the same time

Midway - imo borderline OP

This post is totally divorced from Reality.  Have you checked the WRs of the US Tech CVs????   Just go thru and take a look. They are miserable and have been now for almost 3 years....WG does nothing to change it, when they could bring them to parity instantly....

The current WR over the last two weeks for the Lexington is 46.18.    It has languished in that range for over two years.  There is no excuse.  The are alot of possible motivations on the part of WG to degrade and demean the US tech tree careers, but one fact indisputable and that is the comprehensive poor performance of the US tech tree CVs over the last couple years is intentional on the part of WG.

Shameful....

PASA012.pngLexington8CV

Clan Supertest Coordinator
1,817 posts
8,655 battles
43 minutes ago, 11thACRColdsteel said:

This post is totally divorced from Reality.  Have you checked the WRs of the US Tech CVs????   Just go thru and take a look. They are miserable and have been now for almost 3 years....WG does nothing to change it, when they could bring them to parity instantly....

The current WR over the last two weeks for the Lexington is 46.18.    It has languished in that range for over two years.  There is no excuse.  The are alot of possible motivations on the part of WG to degrade and demean the US tech tree careers, but one fact indisputable and that is the comprehensive poor performance of the US tech tree CVs over the last couple years is intentional on the part of WG.

Shameful....

PASA012.pngLexington8CV

I CV myself and was CV main. You can gladly look up my stats to see whether I have clue about CV or not.

I raise you my div mate's Lexington to show Lex has no issue to deal damage or to win or even to shoot down planes. All 54 battles were played after rework.

Lexington 8 CV  USA              57       75.44% 116,390 2,399 10.4 1.6 25.6 84% 0% 0% 1,959

I can also show you my Ranger which was played during 111 time which is weaker than current 112 set-up

Ranger  7      CV      USA          38     63.16% 75,801 1,708 5.9 1.2 21.3 79% 0% 0% 1,585

Before we get into more stat shaming. The conclusion is that the problem is not the CV itself but it's the people who don't get clue how to CV.  Yes Lexington will suffer against a good AS shou or good CV player with fighter skills but she is still quite powerful if you use her properly.

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles

Wait, you actually liked the loadout which gave you 2 fighter squads but otherwise gave you no actual influence on the game? My profile image is such for a reason.

If you think CV gameplay is just about killing planes, then you really have no clue how to actually win games in CVs.

Edited by CarefreeTongue
  • Cool 1

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles
12 hours ago, Treediagram said:

I CV myself and was CV main. You can gladly look up my stats to see whether I have clue about CV or not.

I raise you my div mate's Lexington to show Lex has no issue to deal damage or to win or even to shoot down planes. All 54 battles were played after rework.

Lexington 8 CV  USA              57       75.44% 116,390 2,399 10.4 1.6 25.6 84% 0% 0% 1,959

I can also show you my Ranger which was played during 111 time which is weaker than current 112 set-up

Ranger  7      CV      USA          38     63.16% 75,801 1,708 5.9 1.2 21.3 79% 0% 0% 1,585

Before we get into more stat shaming. The conclusion is that the problem is not the CV itself but it's the people who don't get clue how to CV.  Yes Lexington will suffer against a good AS shou or good CV player with fighter skills but she is still quite powerful if you use her properly.

For all readers, this is a great example of a forum troll ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.  First, he obviously thinks he's god's gift to naval tactics.  But his bragging has no basis.   He's only played 57 battles in the Lex, and only 38 in the ranger.  So what.  The point is how do the US Tech Tree CVs compare to Japanese tech tree CVs,  at every tier, the US tech tree CV's stink, and Japanese CVs rule....it's wrong.  WG could fix it overnight if they wanted to.  But they don't.  The status quo and horrible performance by the US Tech Tree CVs is now indisputably intentional on the part of WG.   The category of ship (US CVs) that have ruled the oceans of the world for nearly 8 decades, is abysmal in this game.  

Shame on WG, and Shame on trolls who post moronic responses like the one above.  Clearly, he has nothing else going on in his life and this game is his whole being...sad....

• Meh 1

Members
2,633 posts
4,262 battles
9 hours ago, 11thACRColdsteel said:

For all readers, this is a great example of a forum troll ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.  First, he obviously thinks he's god's gift to naval tactics.  But his bragging has no basis.   He's only played 57 battles in the Lex, and only 38 in the ranger.  So what.  The point is how do the US Tech Tree CVs compare to Japanese tech tree CVs,  at every tier, the US tech tree CV's stink, and Japanese CVs rule....it's wrong.  WG could fix it overnight if they wanted to.  But they don't.  The status quo and horrible performance by the US Tech Tree CVs is now indisputably intentional on the part of WG.   The category of ship (US CVs) that have ruled the oceans of the world for nearly 8 decades, is abysmal in this game.  

Shame on WG, and Shame on trolls who post moronic responses like the one above.  Clearly, he has nothing else going on in his life and this game is his whole being...sad....

No,  they are not trolling.  Just because they disagree with you doesn't mean they are trolling.  Lets look at some actual statistics and talk about the reasons for the imbalance,  shall we?

Tier 4 see's a 1.05% win rating difference between the Langley and the Hosho on the NA server,  a .8% difference on the EU server,  a 1.29% difference in favor of the Langley on the Russian server,  and a 2.49% difference in favor of the Hosho on the Asian server.  Three out of four favor the Hosho but not by much with one favoring the Langley.

Tier 5 see's a .07% advantage to the Bogue on the NA server,  a .4% advantage to the Zuiho on the EU server,  a 2.64% advantage to the Bogue on the Russian server,  and a 1.96% advantage to the Bogue on the Asian server.

Tier 6 see's the Ryujo with a 2.44% lead on the NA server,  a 1.77% lead on the EU server,   a 2,29% advantage on the RU server,  annndddd a 5.37% advantage on the Asian server.

Now we get to the problem tiers.  Tier 7 see's the Ryujo with a 5.21% advantage over the Ranger,  a 3.28% advantage on the EU server,  a 1.92% advantage on the Russian server,  and a 2.43% advantage on the Asian server.  So every server but ours is actually fairly close in so far as tech tree goes but these tiers are also imbalanced by the premiums.

Tier 8 see's the Hiryu with a 5.11% over the Ranger on the NA server,  a 4.1% advantage on the EU server,  a 2.38% advantage on the RU server, and a 8.63% advantage on the Asian server.  

At tier 9 the Taiho has a 7.49% advantage over the Essex on the NA server,   a 7.43% advantage on the EU server,  a 4.61% advantage on the RU server,  and a 4.9% advantage on the Asian server.

Tier 10 see's the Midway with an 8.91% advantage over the Hakuryu on the NA server,  a .24% ((!!!)) advantage on the EU server,  a 6.15% advantage on the RU server,  and a 9.02% advantage on the Asian server which has the Hak only being played about five hundred times in the past two weeks.

Now before we begin analysis of WHY,  understand that these numbers are much,  MUCH better then they used to be.  Used to the difference was several percent higher in the favor of the IJN CV's.  This change has forced win rate and damage up by a large margin for USN CV's.

With that out of the way,  the obvious problem tiers are 7 and 8 for what I consider to be obvious reasons.  At every other tier the USN either has fighter superiority or close to fighter parity.  At T7 and 8 the IJN's strike package is flat out better at EVERYTHING.  Minor advantage on planes in the air,  more torpedo bombers,  more fighters,  more squadrons for more tactical precision.  At T8 1000pd and AP bombs push the Lex up into nearly equal damage territory but that's ALMOST equal and they still lose the air war entirely.

My solution,  personally?  Pop up the size of the USN figher squadrons at those tiers to 8.  That puts it at 9 with air superiority and puts USN at almost equal footing with IJN's two fighter squadrons.  I mean they'll obviously buff individual tiers, just look at the super fighters the Zuiho STILL has so it shouldn't be a stretch.  Alternatively they could try boosting up the fighters on both to the tier above and see how that works out.

Now let's talk about the outliers.  Lets start with tier 9.  Now I am not on the Essex yet,  but this is one I don't understand.  USN move up to two fighters and the IJN get a third torpedo squadron but the Taiho is just burying the Essex.  The Essex DOES have the advantage in plane kills but its a minuscule 3 lead.  I have no idea for a solution that doesn't completely imbalance the tier.  The Essex already has a 2 plane concurrent advantage over the Taiho so adding another squadron is out even if you down tier them.  Could possibly flip the dive bomber for a torpedo bomber,  that ought to seal up the imbalance BUT it goes against the idea of USN being dive bomber oriented.  I'd say give the Essex Saipan dive bomber accuracy and see how much that pushes her up and then go from there.

Midway...holy mother of god I have no idea how they are going to fix this.  The best solution I can think of is to adjust the Hak strike pacakge to a 3/3/3 and put the Midways fighters back to T10.  That puts the concurrent count at 40 for the Midway and 42 for the Hak.  It's not a perfect solution but it should give the strike Hak more of a fighting chance against the Midway and possibly rebalance the tier.  Hard to tell though.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
403 posts
2,447 battles
On 2/17/2018 at 12:02 PM, Palladia said:

No,  they are not trolling.  Just because they disagree with you doesn't mean they are trolling.  Lets look at some actual statistics and talk about the reasons for the imbalance,  shall we?

Tier 4 see's a 1.05% win rating difference between the Langley and the Hosho on the NA server,  a .8% difference on the EU server,  a 1.29% difference in favor of the Langley on the Russian server,  and a 2.49% difference in favor of the Hosho on the Asian server.  Three out of four favor the Hosho but not by much with one favoring the Langley.

Tier 5 see's a .07% advantage to the Bogue on the NA server,  a .4% advantage to the Zuiho on the EU server,  a 2.64% advantage to the Bogue on the Russian server,  and a 1.96% advantage to the Bogue on the Asian server.

Tier 6 see's the Ryujo with a 2.44% lead on the NA server,  a 1.77% lead on the EU server,   a 2,29% advantage on the RU server,  annndddd a 5.37% advantage on the Asian server.

Now we get to the problem tiers.  Tier 7 see's the Ryujo with a 5.21% advantage over the Ranger,  a 3.28% advantage on the EU server,  a 1.92% advantage on the Russian server,  and a 2.43% advantage on the Asian server.  So every server but ours is actually fairly close in so far as tech tree goes but these tiers are also imbalanced by the premiums.

Tier 8 see's the Hiryu with a 5.11% over the Ranger on the NA server,  a 4.1% advantage on the EU server,  a 2.38% advantage on the RU server, and a 8.63% advantage on the Asian server.  

At tier 9 the Taiho has a 7.49% advantage over the Essex on the NA server,   a 7.43% advantage on the EU server,  a 4.61% advantage on the RU server,  and a 4.9% advantage on the Asian server.

Tier 10 see's the Midway with an 8.91% advantage over the Hakuryu on the NA server,  a .24% ((!!!)) advantage on the EU server,  a 6.15% advantage on the RU server,  and a 9.02% advantage on the Asian server which has the Hak only being played about five hundred times in the past two weeks.

Now before we begin analysis of WHY,  understand that these numbers are much,  MUCH better then they used to be.  Used to the difference was several percent higher in the favor of the IJN CV's.  This change has forced win rate and damage up by a large margin for USN CV's.

With that out of the way,  the obvious problem tiers are 7 and 8 for what I consider to be obvious reasons.  At every other tier the USN either has fighter superiority or close to fighter parity.  At T7 and 8 the IJN's strike package is flat out better at EVERYTHING.  Minor advantage on planes in the air,  more torpedo bombers,  more fighters,  more squadrons for more tactical precision.  At T8 1000pd and AP bombs push the Lex up into nearly equal damage territory but that's ALMOST equal and they still lose the air war entirely.

My solution,  personally?  Pop up the size of the USN figher squadrons at those tiers to 8.  That puts it at 9 with air superiority and puts USN at almost equal footing with IJN's two fighter squadrons.  I mean they'll obviously buff individual tiers, just look at the super fighters the Zuiho STILL has so it shouldn't be a stretch.  Alternatively they could try boosting up the fighters on both to the tier above and see how that works out.

Now let's talk about the outliers.  Lets start with tier 9.  Now I am not on the Essex yet,  but this is one I don't understand.  USN move up to two fighters and the IJN get a third torpedo squadron but the Taiho is just burying the Essex.  The Essex DOES have the advantage in plane kills but its a minuscule 3 lead.  I have no idea for a solution that doesn't completely imbalance the tier.  The Essex already has a 2 plane concurrent advantage over the Taiho so adding another squadron is out even if you down tier them.  Could possibly flip the dive bomber for a torpedo bomber,  that ought to seal up the imbalance BUT it goes against the idea of USN being dive bomber oriented.  I'd say give the Essex Saipan dive bomber accuracy and see how much that pushes her up and then go from there.

Midway...holy mother of god I have no idea how they are going to fix this.  The best solution I can think of is to adjust the Hak strike pacakge to a 3/3/3 and put the Midways fighters back to T10.  That puts the concurrent count at 40 for the Midway and 42 for the Hak.  It's not a perfect solution but it should give the strike Hak more of a fighting chance against the Midway and possibly rebalance the tier.  Hard to tell though.

Welcom to the internet, where anyone with a opinion is automatically a troll, to some of the lame dead brained zombie cretins who disagrees with them.

Members
834 posts

This want I said and some commented on same issue:

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, TheHunter2_EAD said:

This is my option.  The AA on CV need to readjusted a little. Give USN Tier VII & VIII there fighters back and give back the Hell cat fighters to Midway just make them tier IX. Defensive fire keep the way it is but rework some of the USN CC & BB so they wont be over powering agents low tier CV when there are compare agents high tier CC & BB. Manual & strafing: well to agree to disagree in my option some manual drop for DB need to be 50/50 not 100% hit. On need to be rework on the TB manual like a set range then torp activate because activating when drop starting to be annoying factor. Now on the strafing needs to be rework or modify: rework drop 100% kill to 50% because board wipes aren't fun. modify: I remember we say we wanted fighter-bombers get rid of strafe and put rocket strike or bomb drop to the fighter.(because I say this I watch a video form Notser: Why CV change and alt a whole lot in the video).  Re-armament time is fine to me. Squadron is fine to me. DB are fine.

Thats the biggest thing is US CV getting there fighter planes back and getting a 2nd squad at tier 7 if not 8, strafing can't go unless they fix US CV to make them able to compete with other CV. Manual drops need to stay if anything lower the amount of damage they can do people forget if your a US CV the turn around time from take off, manual drop on targer, flight back to CV and then rearm them is not quick it can take a few min to do that. Now look at how much dmg a BB can do in that amount of time i don't think anyone has worked it out, you get a couple citadel if not more plus rest of dmg you might find that the time it takes US CV to do the strike and the turn around that a BB can sink another ship.