You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptToshiro

Banned from using the chat after I make the reference the character's laughter

18 comments in this topic

[ADPT2]
Alpha Tester
109 posts
9,976 battles

Hello, everyone.

Recently, I just got banned from using the chat after I made the Iggy's laughter. That is not right at all. There was no harmful words to any of players at all. All I did was "(as Iggy) Bahahaha!" after I dodged enemies' shells and/or torps, or I sunk them with devastation strike with my full salvo volley of shells or torps. I even used "(as Boo) Keeheehee!" Those are characters' catchphase.

If you are not familiar with those characters, those characters are from Mario games. That shouldn't counted as abusing the in-game chat. Period.

As long as I dont make any harmful or threaten words, and just to have fun, I shouldn't get those kind of reports. But, it did. That is not fair if I want to have fun with famous video game character's catchphase.

Enough is enough! Let's just have fun and let me have fun too!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,368 posts
13,892 battles

You can appeal the ban although it will probably have run its course by then but you will have cleared yourself for increased punishment if this ever happens again.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
8 minutes ago, CaptToshiro said:

But, how can the character's laughter is against the rules?

Chat bans are ingame responses to reports by players. Was the player you taunted member of a member of a clan or division? If so then he probably got his friends to report you too.

Edited by Snargfargle

[ADPT2]
Alpha Tester
109 posts
9,976 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Chat bans are ingame responses to reports by players. Was the player you taunted member of a member of a clan or division? If so then he probably got his friends to report you too.

That was stupid things to do. I was just having fun.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
1 minute ago, CaptToshiro said:

That was stupid things to do. I was just having fun.

Remember that one person's fun might be construed by another as really annoying behavior.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,368 posts
13,892 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This and it depends on how often you were doing it. If you were spamming it that is a legitimate reason to report.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,925 posts
1,886 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptToshiro said:

Even so, that doesn't count as violated the game rules.

You can be chat banned for:

• Having an opinion
  • breathing
  • firing guns
  • *not* firing guns
  • capping
  • *not* capping
  • etc.

All it takes is for one person to not like you for any insane reason, and that person to have a few friends in the match.  They all report you and boom, chat banned.

• Funny 2

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
1 minute ago, CaptToshiro said:

Even so, that doesn't count as violated the game rules.

Irrelevant. The OP may not have actually said anything bad... however he did admit to taunting the reds. And I imagine the story is even deeper than that and we're simply getting "select information".

Of course that'll tick them off and a few reports will be made.

An old saying comes to mind: "If you got nothing positive to say, don't say it at all.."

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,292 posts
18,470 battles

@CaptToshiro said: "Even so, that doesn't count as violated the game rules."

I would like to share the following:

That determination is solely up to the moderator that banned you and his, or her, understanding of the rules. I have seen people get away with some outrageous things in chat while others get banned for what I would consider to be trivial responses. 

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

I sometimes respond to getting a devastating strike by saying "ta da" but I don't do it in all chat where the enemy can hear me. There is no reason to rub salt in the wound.

[ADPT2]
Alpha Tester
109 posts
9,976 battles
6 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

An old saying comes to mind: "If you got nothing positive to say, don't say it at all.."

I never makes any negative things to say. But, you gave me an ideas on how to solve this problem.

As I was thinking about what you said, what if I said something positives first, then use the game character's catch-phase last.

Perhap that is something missing for the sentence.

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,322 battles

Just don't broadcast your laughter to "All" chat.  Share it with your team only.

I know that a few times that I have gotten Devastating Strikes in Fuso, I've said, "that never gets old."  I just keep it to my own team, though...

• Cool 1

[ADPT2]
Alpha Tester
109 posts
9,976 battles
2 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Just don't broadcast your laughter to "All" chat.  Share it with your team only.

I know that a few times that I have gotten Devastating Strikes in Fuso, I've said, "that never gets old."  I just keep it to my own team, though...

Hey....That is a good idea!

Members
559 posts
3,883 battles

There doesn't have to be a reason. If you type anything, or probably if you use the in-game commands, anyone can report it. The reports are automatic. Just how it is.

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,724 posts
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Remember that one person's fun might be construed by another as really annoying behavior.