You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptToshiro

DO NOT reveal your ally position!

9 comments in this topic

[ADPT2]
Alpha Tester
109 posts
9,976 battles

Hello, everyone.

I was playing my DD Yugumo and I was the only surviving player and losing the battle. I was very low on HP, so I ran, trying to think some strategy to set up an ambush. But then, someone on my team, revealed my position to the enemy for running because he want his ship back and play it again.

I understand that everyone on my team want their ship back, but revealing my position to end the battle and return their ship quicker? How stupid!

I wanted to have a little fun. That's all.

But, revealing someone's position for that reason? That is not fair, and it against the rules, same rules as WOT, before the all chat feature were removed.

If you guys keep it up and revealing your ally position, eventually, we will lose the all chat feature, same fates as WOT!

There is no need to reveal your ally position. Just have fun.

If you dont like to wait for your ship back from the battle, then leave the battle and pick a different ship to play with, or just patiently waiting for the battle to be over.

• Meh 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,292 posts
18,470 battles

Take a screen shot of him doing this in chat (hit the "PRINT SCREEN" button) and submit it with a support ticket. The screen shot will be in your Computer window, under Games, under World of Warships, under Screenshots.

It IS against the Game Rules, and this is how you fix it.

(PS; I hope to God you aren't playing on a Mac or everything above will mostly be useless)

[NDA]
Supertester
3,925 posts
1,886 battles

Follow Umikami's instructions.  Even better, enable replays and send that too.  Essentially, that's 'game-fixing'.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles

Exactly.  ALWAYS submit a support ticket on ... jerks ... like this.

I once had a battle in one of my high tier IJN DDs on the North map (north spawn).  I charge down the west side of the map and get into the enemy's rear.  (This was back before Radio Location skill.)  I thought that I was in a perfect position.  But some ... jerk ... in a Russian gunboat DD followed me the entire time, and was constantly firing at the enemy, thus revealing MY position*.  I politely asked him, begged him, pleaded with him to go in another direction!  But he wouldn't.  And then after they killed him, he was constantly telling the enemy what grid square I was in.  I swear, I've never been so angry in all the time I've played WoWS as I was at that point.  That ... jerk ... set out from the moment the battle started to ruin my game, without actually shooting me.  I couldn't do a damned thing.  Even after he was dead and giving away my position, he would tell the enemy when I'd launched torpedoes ... everything.   

Honestly, this is why I strongly, STRONGLY believe that ALL chat should be removed.  The upsides of ALL chat are infinitesimal compared to the negatives of ALL chat.

* EDIT:  I should say that his constant firing wasn't exactly revealing my position.  But because it WAS revealing his position, and he was on my tail the entire time, he was drawing the enemy towards him, which meant that he was drawing them  towards ME.  So, he was, in effect, revealing my position insofar as having the enemy hunt him meant that they would find me as well.  Friggin' ... jerk!!!  To this day, that incident still ticks me off mightily.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,322 battles

Hate it when people do that.  It's one of the worst offenses you can commit, in my opinion.  Agree that removing ALL chat would be a good solution, as it's not needed for team communication, anyway.

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles

Hello @CaptToshiro, so sorry to hear that this happened to you! This is most certainly against the rules and spoils the game for everyone! If you haven't already, please submit a ticket to our support team and they will investigate this incident:

https://na.wargaming.net/support/tickets

• Cool 1

[ADPT2]
Alpha Tester
109 posts
9,976 battles
1 hour ago, WolfofWarship said:

Hello @CaptToshiro, so sorry to hear that this happened to you! This is most certainly against the rules and spoils the game for everyone! If you haven't already, please submit a ticket to our support team and they will investigate this incident:

https://na.wargaming.net/support/tickets

I already did that last night. Still waiting for the status to be answered, but that probably will not happen soon since the staffs are off for the weekend. Oh well.

[TASC]
Members
302 posts
10,803 battles

I have seen this happen in battles, telling which ships are AFTK or others not playing the way they want them too. My question is, does WG really do anything about it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,133 battles
On 2/16/2018 at 7:35 PM, delp5117 said:

Hate it when people do that.  It's one of the worst offenses you can commit, in my opinion.  Agree that removing ALL chat would be a good solution, as it's not needed for team communication, anyway.

Actually disabling the ability of a dead player to chat with the enemy would be as easy a fix and would keep it from happening in game. Wouldn't stop people doing it on Discord or the like..