You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
w4spl3g

Eastern/Southern Dragons

22 comments in this topic

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts

Is there any reason to buy these ships? Can they train IJN or PA captains?

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Only reason I see is to fill the void and empty your wallet.

I'll take that as a "No". If they are the FOG ships linked elsewhere then I don't need a Myoko with a different immutable camo.

[RCNW3]
Members
1,903 posts
17,841 battles

If you don’t want to grind out a Myoke, or you need a captain trainer and don’t want to spend a bit more money on the greatly superior Atago, or you just like a ship with pretty colors, Dragons are your ships.  Better choices out there, but Myoke is a good cruiser for it’s tier

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
24 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I'll take that as a "No". If they are the FOG ships linked elsewhere then I don't need a Myoko with a different immutable camo.

Yes, they are the same as the ARP ships and do not have camo like the ARP ships. I earned the Southern Dragon last year for free, but I'm not paying for the Eastern Dragon.

[O-PN]
Members
9,125 posts
10,593 battles

I'm not paying for what is in essence another 10 point captain I don't need. However, for people who need 10 pointers, getting E Dragon is cheaper than getting one of HSF captains, when they were in the shop, plus you get a ship and special flags, so it's really a pretty good deal. The only drawback is not being able to mount camo. If you can look past that, it's honestly not a bad package.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,236 posts
18,435 battles
3 minutes ago, centarina said:

do I really need 6th  myoko in my port? 

Ya ... this.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,774 posts
25,296 battles

No, AFAIK the camo didn’t give you any bonus. You can exchange the captains with IJN ones but they are no real premiums. 

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,826 posts
4,361 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

do I really need 6th  myoko in my port?      :cap_hmm:

Yes. For those future T7 Operations/Scenarios. Or for the occasional 3x events and passing around that commander across all 6 Myokos.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,785 posts
9,631 battles

The Dragons, like the Arpeggio Myoko ships are weird.

• They do not have increased economic bonuses "baked into" the ship.
  • They do not have, nor can they mount any form of camouflage.
  • They otherwise count as normal IJN premium ships, able to train any commander.

I received mine as belated birthday present which I promptly used to make disco-ship memes.  You gotta find your enjoyment where you can.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

i haven't even used 5 of my myokos.  i just use one  :D   and it really isn't that great a bote for operation due to slow turret

Members
339 posts
5,488 battles

It seems a bit silly to sell a worse-than-myoko (which is already not very well loved by the meta) with absolutely no real benefit to it beyond captain training. I can imagine people thinking it's a regular premium being disappointed with it. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,756 posts
22,123 battles
8 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes, they are the same as the ARP ships and do not have camo like the ARP ships. I earned the Southern Dragon last year for free, but I'm not paying for the Eastern Dragon.

I agree, they are not worth money. They made fine reward ships but for those of us with a half dozen Myoko clones, buying another seems a bit pointless. Matter of fact not sure I have ever even played the one Dragon ship or the ARP ones I have in port. I just use them as shopping carts for half price modules and wait for a free demount event to come around. With all that said, the new blue one is prettier than the yellow/gold one I have.....

Members
66 posts
9,991 battles
11 hours ago, w4spl3g said:

Is there any reason to buy these ships? Can they train IJN or PA captains?

you switch it out with any anime captains as well as the normal japanese captains into both dragons.

Members
66 posts
9,991 battles
9 hours ago, centarina said:

do I really need 6th  myoko in my port?      :cap_hmm:

yes you know you do.  why stop at the 6th?  go for the full 7!  Myoko, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Eastern Dragon, and Southern Dragon.  It would be a shame if you don't have the complete set!!!!

Members
66 posts
9,991 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I agree, they are not worth money. They made fine reward ships but for those of us with a half dozen Myoko clones, buying another seems a bit pointless. Matter of fact not sure I have ever even played the one Dragon ship or the ARP ones I have in port. I just use them as shopping carts for half price modules and wait for a free demount event to come around. With all that said, the new blue one is prettier than the yellow/gold one I have.....

well, truth to be told, it might just be the cheapest 10 point japanese captain you can buy that comes with some flags, a port, and whatever credits you will net after you sell the ship off......

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,756 posts
22,123 battles
6 hours ago, fierymountain said:

well, truth to be told, it might just be the cheapest 10 point japanese captain you can buy that comes with some flags, a port, and whatever credits you will net after you sell the ship off......

There are two things in the game I don't need any more of. One is credits, got like a third of a billion of them, and second is another 10 point captain. I already have more 10 pointers for the IJN line than I do have ships left to research..... 

• Cool 1

[E-E]
Members
150 posts
2,872 battles

Eastern is the last of the Myoukou clones that I'm still missing.

Do I want her? As a collector, hell yes.

Am I willing to pay a penny for her? Not a chance. I'll wait until she's an event ship. I couldn't get away from Myoukou fast enough, and ever since I got my Mogamin I never wanna go back.