Sign in to follow this  
GermanGamer7

Karlsruhe strategy?

16 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,228 posts
14,416 battles

Every ship in this game has some redeeming feature.

Except Karlsruhe.  That ship is just garbage.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,155 posts
6,613 battles

Just keep shooting. It is considered one of the worst ships in the game.

Konigsberg is worth the pain.

[SYN]
Members
53 posts
2,890 battles

Don't believe these guys, it's just hip to hate on the Karl. It's actually a pretty decent ship. You're going to want to try for a lot of short-range ambushes and the like, as it plays like a big DD with less torps. It's pretty good for constant rain of fire too. Just don't attack people head on, and range is not your friend.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
16,635 battles

Would have responded sooner, but wanted to check something. Turns out that with 61.11% wins in the ship I was able to grind through Karlsruhe in 18 games. So, if you stick with it, you will likely not need more than 25-30 games, tops, before you unlock the Konigsberg. Then you can sell Karlsruhe and never look back.

Respects,

Am

[RLGN]
Members
13,548 posts
23,672 battles
15 minutes ago, X15 said:

Just keep shooting. It is considered one of the worst ships in the game.

Konigsberg is worth the pain.

Mutsuki is crying; in happiness or sorrow I’m not sure; but she’s no longer the worst ship in the game!

I thought people hated Konigsburg because they considered it to be a floating tissue box with guns...

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,155 posts
6,613 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Mutsuki is crying; in happiness or sorrow I’m not sure; but she’s no longer the worst ship in the game!

I thought people hated Konigsburg because they considered it to be a floating tissue box with guns...

It's a floating tissue box with guns, I enjoyed it.

Members
393 posts
6,901 battles

Like a lot of ships in this game it's a matter of finding the right way to play her. I hated her when I was playing on the SEA server but when I was going through the line again on the NA server it felt like they had significantly buffed the ship. In reality I think I had just gotten used to it. It is the first tier where the shells start going anywhere near where you aim and the balance to that is you can take less damage than before.

She is delicate so pick your targets and get to around 80% of your guns range to them and start kiting away keeping her angled and the guns constantly blazing. Be aware of incoming fire and swing that butt in time and you will have Battleships cursing you.  

[DEUT]
[DEUT]
Members
93 posts
935 battles

It seems that I have the worst ships

Myogi

Karlsruhe

Konig

Hosho

Langley 

Mutsuki 

Wyoming

and Orion

Why do I always have the worst nation choices? I need to play Germany, but what other country should I go for? I've heard Japan is good, but I'm not sure. Oh, and can you help me with my thoriktophobia? Hint: translate Θωρηκτό into English to find the meaning of throkitophobia.

Edited by GermanGamer7

Members
63 posts
239 battles

Once you get used to them, Konigsberg and Nürnberg are beautiful ships (since the Nürnberg is basically a beefed up Konigsberg), I play mine constantly with some Graf Spee on the side. You'll still want to avoid taking BBs on in the open, but the 360 degree turning on the rear guns is a gift from god and you can kite for days.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,155 posts
6,613 battles
4 hours ago, evanr1940 said:

My top 3 ships

Karlsruhe - 1,887 Chester - 1,653 Königsberg - 1,577 Are the Nürnberg and Phoenix also generally considered poor? Those are my #4 and #5 ;)

Nurnberg and Konigsberg depend on the player, the are terrible in bad hands and fantastic in good ones. Pheonix is pretty fast, fragile, gunboat. And generally considered good. I haven't played in Chester for years and I've heard nothing about it, couldn't say.

I'd like to point out that having good WTR is a measure of you vs the average player and not you vs the ship. Getting 1300 WTR in the Black or Flint is much harder than 1600 in the Farragut or Pensacola, for example. Many ships are "bad" because they have a high skill floor, like the tier 5 and 6 KM CLs. Other ships are "bad" because they are just bad, like Karlsruhe. You could almost say the skill ceiling is lower than the skill floor.

Sign in to follow this