Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MutsuKaiNi

Issue with French mission?

14 comments in this topic

Members
333 posts
10,811 battles

So the part where you have to land 25 torps, umm why does this not apply to carrier torps? The mission does not say you can't use carrier torps so, whats the deal here, I thought I might use Kaga to finish it quicker since DD torps are too RNG based for me, but I guess not...

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles

*Ships* torpedo...means no carrier torpedoes.

Progression one torpedo at a time is madness...and my best torpedo boat is Ognevoi...:Smile_sceptic:

Much like carrier-specific missions, people without ships that deliver torpedoes beyond tier 5 are screwed...and most cruisers can't use torpedoes the way destroyers do...

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
11 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

*Ships* torpedo...means no carrier torpedoes.

Progression one torpedo at a time is madness...and my best torpedo boat is Ognevoi...:Smile_sceptic:

Much like carrier-specific missions, people without ships that deliver torpedoes beyond tier 5 are screwed...and most cruisers can't use torpedoes the way destroyers do...

We should have been able to "pre" accumulate torp hits since the last mission ended...:cap_haloween:

I'll be surprised if I get 25 in the time alotted. Torps at Tier 5 and up aren't my thing. Tiers 2-4 I'm getting the hang of it, but 5+ I'm a joke. 

[J-F-F]
Members
65 posts
9,840 battles

Some missions will be easier for some players  than others. Fortunately we only need to accomplish 18 out of the possible 26 missions to gain the Aigle.

Members
50 posts
4,165 battles

17 minutes ago, Odd_Robert said:

Some missions will be easier for some players  than others. Fortunately we only need to accomplish 18 out of the possible 26 missions to gain the Aigle.

25 torp hit (+ 1000 main battery ) ...I think this is for the French collection not for Aigle. The Aigle one was 50k torp dmg.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,217 posts
30,375 battles

I feel sorry for the teams I would assist with my DD's (shudder).  But we've got a while to get the 25 torp hits so I may not have to DD.

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
2 hours ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

So the part where you have to land 25 torps, umm why does this not apply to carrier torps? The mission does not say you can't use carrier torps so, whats the deal here, I thought I might use Kaga to finish it quicker since DD torps are too RNG based for me, but I guess not...

because it might encourage people to play CVs...:Smile-_tongue:

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
2 hours ago, pyantoryng said:

Ognevoi is a great torpedo boat, assuming you aren't trying to shoehorn her into the typical Soviet mold with a typical Soviet commander set-up.  Especially over a weekend with a ton of new events/missions, it shouldn't be too difficult to land 25 torp hits with her...that's basically just 4-5 clueless battleships, or 2-3 matches. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF4]
Members
446 posts
6,665 battles

Why can’t we do this in coop we could do the first set of French B.B. missions in coop so why the [edited] can’t we with these much harder ones 

• Cool 1

[J-F-F]
Members
65 posts
9,840 battles
2 hours ago, AceM193 said:

25 torp hit (+ 1000 main battery ) ...I think this is for the French collection not for Aigle. The Aigle one was 50k torp dmg.

My mistake. 25 torpedo hits is for the French Progression mission that rewards the crates for the "Vive la France" collection.

Beta Testers
342 posts
11,300 battles
1 hour ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Why can’t we do this in coop we could do the first set of French B.B. missions in coop so why the [edited] can’t we with these much harder ones 

Agreed, this 25 torpedo hit quest would be much easier if we could complete it in Co-Op.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles
4 hours ago, Harv72b said:

Ognevoi is a great torpedo boat, assuming you aren't trying to shoehorn her into the typical Soviet mold with a typical Soviet commander set-up.  Especially over a weekend with a ton of new events/missions, it shouldn't be too difficult to land 25 torp hits with her...that's basically just 4-5 clueless battleships, or 2-3 matches. :Smile_teethhappy:

6.1km camo@10km torp w/81sec reload is the best I have in my entire fleet...

The problem is...people aren't clueless. :Smile_unsure:

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
7 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

The problem is...people aren't clueless. :Smile_unsure:

Which server do you play on? :Smile-_tongue::Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this