You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

Gremyaschy needs a buff

32 comments in this topic

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,960 posts
12,448 battles

So since cbt gremy has received no buffs, has slow torpedoes, and only 4 guns with horrific turret traverse, and has lost its ability to stealth fire. I propose we buff its turret traverse so it isn't as difficult to play. I think it would go a long way in making the ship more comfortable to play.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,144 posts
7,256 battles

Sure.

Move it to T6 and give it the same buffs as the slightly inferior Gnevny got when it got bumped up.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,591 posts
3,816 battles

Uh, I don't think so. Regardless of what has happened since, the tag OP is forever attached to the Gremy. Can't even imagine the uproar that would ensue.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
5,908 battles

She still hasn't shed her rep of being the OP tier 5 gun boat.  I don't feel it when I drive her - that turret traverse is just bad.  But I've been putting that down to me just being an average player.

[KSC]
Supertester
2,215 posts
13,192 battles

Saw the title, immediately came to the thread.  Was not disappointed.   10/10 would read again!

:cap_like:

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,155 posts
6,613 battles

This is some gold trolling. I expected nothing less seeing this pop up.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I agree it could use some love, but you'll only find hate toward it by the majority of the community.

Around May WG mentioned they were thinking of making it available again because it wasn't special anymore.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Supertester
2,215 posts
13,192 battles

With all the CVs in the game now, lets buff the Nikolai as well!   it has been power-creeped into obscurity!

[WOLF5]
Members
3,591 posts
3,816 battles
12 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

With all the CVs in the game now, lets buff the Nikolai as well!   it has been power-creeped into obscurity!

I agree. I think Cleveland's AA suite would be about right:Smile_izmena::Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,435 posts
19,691 battles
29 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

So since cbt gremy has received no buffs, has slow torpedoes, and only 4 guns with horrific turret traverse, and has lost its ability to stealth fire. I propose we buff its turret traverse so it isn't as difficult to play. I think it would go a long way in making the ship more comfortable to play.

If this is meant to be a serious post, there are other ships that would likely need to receive a buff as well, namely Gnevy, Anshan, and Fushun since like Gremy, all of these are Gnevy based ships.

Members
831 posts
7,016 battles

Pls buff Gremy, I only got it on the premise that it's supposed to be OP, TIA

*signed*

Edited by Deviathan

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
34 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I would say move it to tier 7 and balance it there (in the modern broken game meta) then bring it back to tier 5 as was in tier 7.

Thats fair.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Don't see any reasons given to not give her a buff in replies above...

Edited by Wulfgarn

Beta Testers
458 posts
11,483 battles

Its already incredibly strong for its tier:

Its true that when you turn your guns cant keep up..but that doesn't stop those guns from obliterating any same tier DD.

Torps are slow but they have 8km range..which is massive for that tier.

its very fast for its tier.

Concealment is pretty good for a Russian DD.

Kinda requires a dedicated capt to make it work well.

The problem i think most people are finding is that its not nearly as strong when it gets up tiered. With MM changes it sees more high tier matches where its strengths as a T5 are kinda meh...but thats true for all T5s..vs T7s.

Its one of the reasons that balance is so messed up in this game...having ships that are "balanced vs. a ship 2 tiers higher" is not possible.

Against its own tier its massively OP, vs. higher tiers its really not that special..which leaves it in the "probably too good to buff"...as it would make it too strong vs. its own tiers...in order for it to fight well vs. high tiers.

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
49 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Seriously.  We should give her more range and better sigma.  There are still a couple of cruiser captains on the map who aren't yet shaking in terror the moment she is spotted.

"Oh, you're going to sail broadside to me in my Nikolai?  You must be new here.  *delete* "

Edited by Psicopro
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
6,781 posts
25,453 battles

Give Gremy the invisi fire option back. And real glass windows for the bridge. I asked for the last months ago, in the current state she is unplayable

*cough*

:Smile_hiding:

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles

I'm pretty happy with my Gremy.  But hey -- if they wanna buff its turret traverse I won't complain.

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
16 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Gremy = Dave

I kinda feel more like this one with some of the random teams I see....

• Cool 1

[CHASE]
2,960 posts
12,448 battles

Luckily no one checked my gremy stats to see how crap I am in it 

[CHASE]
2,960 posts
12,448 battles
2 hours ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

:cap_haloween:

Back me up wombat, we both know gremy needs a buff.