You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

No Massachusetts?!!!!! Time for revolution!!! (Poll!)

Should WG release the Massachusetts ASAP?  

319 members have voted

1. 1. Should WG release the Massachusetts ASAP?

• Yes! Absolutely!
    • No, not right now.
    • I don't have an opinion, I just like to vote in polls.
  2. 2. If you voted "yes" in question #1 do you already own Alabama?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I voted no.
    • I don't have an opinion, I just like to vote in polls.
  3. 3. If you voted "no" in question #1, what was your reason?

• I own the Alabama, and don't need/want the Massachusetts.
    • I don't play battleships much.
    • I don't play American ships much.
    • I don't buy many premium ships.
    • I want WG to release something else, even though Massachusetts is pretty much ready to go.
    • I am spiteful and filled with hate.
    • I am a forum troll.
    • I don't have an opinion. I just like to vote in polls.
    • I voted yes.

193 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

Is the Massachusetts, will it be released.
Well... if someone would’ve been more patient with Alabama... for now there is no real point for it. It’s a fine premium ship, but she won’t bring any diversity to the game. Maybe later, maybe in a new form. For now: no.

Massachusetts is the #1 thing I am waiting on to be released!!!  Give it to us!!  Yes, I already own the Alabama. . . I want the Mass also!   Why would you not release something that is already modeled and give me and people like me the opportunity to pay you $55+ for it?!?!

• Boring 2
  • Meh 13

[STW]
Members
831 posts
7,007 battles

There's a glut of premium battleships as it is, and it adds no new flavor that you don't already get with the Alabama.  Same thing with a different name more or less is the impression I've got.  Would rather get some interesting cruisers or DD instead.

• Cool 2

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

Just WarGaming playing the blame game on NA and letting Reddit run wild with their anti-NA fanaticism.

NA should not be blamed for being upset that one of the most popular military museums in the US was being made an exclusive to STs. That was just poor judgement on WarGamings part, and if it was going to be released as it is now, to the rest of us, it was never communicated properly. I can say this sense I closely followed the whole debacle.

Personally I think @Pigeon_of_War should make a statement of apology to the NA server, and post it on here and Reddit. Even if he disagrees with the outrage the situation caused. Blaming NA, who pays tons of money to WarGaming (and thousands from myself), is no way to treat good customers.

And yes, NA would likely buy the Massachusetts.

• Cool 7
  • Meh 11

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,827 posts
4,361 battles

It's exactly because of these kinds of threads that WG is deciding to withhold Massachusetts in the first place, after already bending over backwards once to release Alabama. With a warning that WG won't be as flexible the next time.

She'll be released in time. In the same Q&A, they also said that they can hold Premiums that are ready to go for times when they have nothing better to release. So just like that German Torpedo boat everyone wants but isn't coming in the immediate future, Massachusetts will just be kept in reserve. If anything, July 4th or some other significant US-related naval event would be a better time to release her, to maximize profits. Not just because she's ready to go.

So chill and wait. You already got your Alabama, and Massachusetts doesn't play much differently anyway, and would draw complaints the same way Eugen draws complaints for not having a unique gimmick/consumable/feature to her. Moreso when you factor in the cost of a Premium T8 BB (another thing Eugen is panned for; her value). Unlike Texas, where despite being nearly identical to NY, the AA sufficiently sells her and no one has ever really complained about Texas' only gimmick being strong AA, and is also much cheaper as a Premium T5 BB.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[NDA]
Supertester
3,925 posts
1,857 battles

Well, as Sub said, if the NA playerbase hadn't lost their collective minds over Alabama, then maybe we'd already have Massachusetts.

6 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Why would you not release something that is already modeled and give me and people like me the opportunity to pay you $55+ for it?!?!

I'm gonna take a stab at this.  From WG's point of view, there is very little demand for Massachusetts right now.  While there are collectors and other aficionados such as yourself that would love to buy her, I'd be willing to bet her sales would probably be 10-15% of Alabama's if she were released now.  Most players just don't care enough to want two very similar premiums, especially at $50-$60 apiece.  The business model of games like this is geared to provide just enough content to keep the playerbase interested.  Too much stuff, they get bored and leave.

If they wait, perhaps until some time after they decide to rotate Alabama off the regular on-sale list, then demand might improve. 

• Cool 2

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,596 posts
17,309 battles

Ever since I've been a member here, I've seen legion threads about a particular ship that hadn't showed up yet.   WG can't do everything at once.  Can't produce every ship at once.  Nor can we play every ship all at once.  Not only is it physically impossible, it is not conducive to a healthy community.  WG is working on ships ALL THE TIME.  If you have a favorite...as long as the community is healthy... it will make it sooner or later.  I don't think any ship is needed ASAP.  Just take it easy.  Have fun with the game.  If there is favorite out there, it will get here in time.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
1 minute ago, Madwolf05 said:

Just WarGaming playing the blame game on NA and letting Reddit run wild with their anti-NA fanaticism.

NA should not be blamed for being upset that one of the most popular military museums in the US was being made an exclusive to STs. That was just poor judgement on WarGamings part, and if it was going to be released as it is now, to the rest of us, it was never communicated properly. I can say this sense I closely followed the whole debacle.

Personally I think @Pigeon_of_War should make a statement of apology to the NA server, and post it on here and Reddit. Even if he disagrees with the outrage the situation caused. Blaming NA, who pays tons of money to WarGaming (and thousands from myself), is no way to treat good customers.

And yes, NA would likely buy the Massachusetts.

Agree 100%.  It was an incredibly stupid decision on their part.

If they wanted to reward the ST's let them pick their own premium reward. . . or hell, give them all the premiums.  But don't restrict access to one of the most popular museum ships in the U.S.

I can only imagine how filled with rage I would be right now if all this time Alabama had been available to the STs but not to the player base who pays their bills.  I'm talking about the hard core paying customers like myself that are part of the reason they get a paycheck.

• Cool 6
  • Meh 8

[SYN]
Members
5,791 posts
13,192 battles

Dude.  Relax.

Would much rather wait for WG to take their time and do it right than have it rushed out incomplete or busted because some are being overly vocal about having it RIGHT NAOW!!!

...and we already have the Alabama, ffs...

Members
483 posts
4,128 battles

Do you know why your precious Massachusetts has not been released?  You want a reason?

It's because there's no uniqueness to the ship.  We don't need another AMERICA F*CK YEAH BB and we certainly don't need more tier 8 prem BBs.  In addition, the Aladrama would simply supersede the ship.  Now, who was shouting at WeeGee to buff the Aladrama, and who is now going to face the consequences of not getting yet another USN Prem again?  

You.  

You only have yourselves to blame for this one.  I am eagerly awaiting the Asashio to farm salty BB tears.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 6

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,762 posts
2,134 battles

You'll never gonna learn...

Anyways, WG's probably in no rush. Sales of Mass will only hurt sales of Alabama. Also, don't you think we have enough USN BB premiums as it is? At this point, if we get anything American, can we get a decent cruiser (coughs in Wichita)?

• Meh 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
1 minute ago, Phoenix_jz said:

You'll never gonna learn...

Anyways, WG's probably in no rush. Sales of Mass will only hurt sales of Alabama. Also, don't you think we have enough USN BB premiums as it is? At this point, if we get anything American, can we get a decent cruiser (coughs in Wichita)?

I'd love to see Wichita too.  It's probably #2 on my list.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,925 posts
1,857 battles
3 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

NA should not be blamed for being upset that one of the most popular military museums in the US was being made an exclusive to STs. That was just poor judgement on WarGamings part ...

While I don't disagree that they *highly* underestimated the draw of museum ships when they planned on that, don't forget that Massachusetts is an equally popular museum attraction.  Had there not been the huge outcry, We'd likely already have her in place of Alabama, and WG would still have the option of releasing Alabama in the future.  So we would be sitting right where we are.

Members
783 posts

I voted no because I dont want any ship released ASAP, I want them balanced and properly tested before release.

Also Im spiteful and full of hate.

48ad70937057ab82f2f9026b0ab44ca89977aff9

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[STW]
Members
831 posts
7,007 battles

It's not like they're never going to release it, but there's other things coming down the pipe before it gets here.  You're literally just wanting them to jump it ahead in line over other stuff they already have planned.  WG had 2 versions of the Alabama, the one we got and the ST, both were in the game files.  Having to move it up to deal with the NA outrage over things they didn't understand shifted where things fall in their release timeline for premiums, so it's just something you have to deal with now.

Just now, Slntreaper said:

We don't need another AMERICA F*CK YEAH BB and we certainly don't need more tier 8 prem BBs

I agree with this, and in general I'm not really sure how I feel about buying more T8 premiums at the moment because of the slog that is T8 MM.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
2 minutes ago, Slntreaper said:

Do you know why your precious Massachusetts has not been released?  You want a reason?

It's because there's no uniqueness to the ship.  We don't need another AMERICA F*CK YEAH BB and we certainly don't need more tier 8 prem BBs.  In addition, the Aladrama would simply supersede the ship.  Now, who was shouting at WeeGee to buff the Aladrama, and who is now going to face the consequences of not getting yet another USN Prem again?  

You.  

You only have yourselves to blame for this one.  I am eagerly awaiting the Asashio to farm salty BB tears.

Are you kidding me right now?  If it hadn't been for the revolt over Alabama we still wouldn't have Massachusetts right now.  That whole sh1t show was just downright stupidity on the part of WG.

I'm traditionally very supportive of WG, on here and certainly with my wallet.  But let's call a spade a spade. . . somebody at WG [edited] up with that decision.  That wasn't a fault of the fan base.

That said, early results are looking like I'm in the minority on excitement for Massachusetts right now.  So be it.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 4

[NDA]
Supertester
3,925 posts
1,857 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I'd love to see Wichita too.  It's probably #2 on my list.

I'd say this is something we could *all* agree on, but I just know the next post would be "that guy"...

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles

No, just to annoy "people" from Mass.  

I might be spiteful and full of hate.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
1 minute ago, Deviathan said:

It's not like they're never going to release it, but there's other things coming down the pipe before it gets here.  You're literally just wanting them to jump it ahead in line over other stuff they already have planned.  WG had 2 versions of the Alabama, the one we got and the ST, both were in the game files.  Having to move it up to deal with the NA outrage over things they didn't understand shifted where things fall in their release timeline for premiums, so it's just something you have to deal with now.

I agree with this, and in general I'm not really sure how I feel about buying more T8 premiums at the moment because of the slog that is T8 MM.

No, they didn't.  The evidence since then, and this Q&A makes it apparent their plan was always to give the STs Alabama, and everybody else Massachusetts.

• Cool 1

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles

What about the Indiana?

Washington?

South Dakota?

Technically the latter two are more deserving than the Indiana, since they were at Guadalcanal, but it's my homestate, so of course I'll wait to hear about her. Though as of right now my desire to purchase ships has greatly lessened of late.

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles

Honestly, I don't think that WG should have even bothered with the Mass. after creating the Alabama.  I'd have much rather they'd invested their time in something new and different.  Maybe a Lexington-class battlecruiser.  Or a Tennessee class battleship.  Or some tier 6 or 8 USN cruiser (from a class NOT already in the game).

I wouldn't mind seeing the 1920's South Dakota, though given its mix of guns and low speed, she'll be a pain to tier.  Too powerful for anything below tier 8, and yet too slow with her historical speed for tier 8 and above.  I think that they might just have give her an a-historical speed buff, to make her more competitive if she was ever put into the game.

I'd love to see some non-tier 6/7 RN BBs.  Plus the RN definitely needs a new premium cruiser or 2, since the Belfast was removed from sale.

And so on and so on.

[STW]
Members
831 posts
7,007 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

No, they didn't.  The evidence since then, and this Q&A makes it apparent their plan was always to give the STs Alabama, and everybody else Massachusetts.

I've seen no such evidence, so you'll have to link me something.