You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LostEngineer

Best or Most fun gun boats?

30 comments in this topic

Members
70 posts
1,257 battles

In your opinion, what is the most fun ship just to sail for  the lols and pure enjoyment?

When I'm tired of grinding or the mind games of mid/high tiers, I try to play something fun. Currently my favorite toy is the Dresden. I dont think I've actually damaged anything yet, but with 200 hits per game it is one helluva fireworks show.

What's your favorite?

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

My favorite ships for that is the Cleveland.  The Aigle does that too but the guns are a bit weird.  Then there's the Okhotnik - it's probably the goofiest ship I own but it's got a ton of guns.

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite, but Scharnhorst fits your criteria for relaxed sailing in randoms. Her combination of armor, firepower, rate of fire, and matchmaking allow you to not have to be on edge all the time.

Frankly, any ship with a high fire rate taken into co-op is my choice when you just want easy kills.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,155 posts
6,607 battles

St Louis and Bogatyr are comfortable forgiving and effective gunboats.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
4 minutes ago, X15 said:

St Louis and Bogatyr are comfortable forgiving and effective gunboats.

This^  Also Svetlana I enjoy.

[GLF]
Members
929 posts
15,051 battles
16 minutes ago, LostEngineer said:

Currently my favorite toy is the Dresden. I dont think I've actually damaged anything yet, but with 200 hits per game it is one helluva fireworks show.

Try it with IFHE :) 

• Funny 1

Members
70 posts
1,257 battles
4 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite, but Scharnhorst fits your criteria for relaxed sailing in randoms. Her combination of armor, firepower, rate of fire, and matchmaking allow you to not have to be on edge all the time.

Frankly, any ship with a high fire rate taken into co-op is my choice when you just want easy kills.

I love the Scharnhorst. Its fast enough to put you in harms way, and armored enough so you can flee back to your team mates and annouce. "Ok gents, lets not go that way."

[-GPS-]
Members
2,894 posts
33,875 battles

Leningrad, Udaloi, Shchors, Gremyaschy, Atlanta, Mogami, Kutuzov... hmmm seem to be a lot of Russians in that list...

Then there’s the Derzki. With Torp Armament Expertise and Adreneline Rush it gets just silly. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
25 minutes ago, LostEngineer said:

In your opinion, what is the most fun ship just to sail for  the lols and pure enjoyment?

When I'm tired of grinding or the mind games of mid/high tiers, I try to play something fun. Currently my favorite toy is the Dresden. I dont think I've actually damaged anything yet, but with 200 hits per game it is one helluva fireworks show.

What's your favorite?

Best ship in wows is huanghe for fun and killing.

8 second torp reload and amazing guns.

8km detect.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,556 posts
33,706 battles

Fun? For me

ChungMu, Fletcher, Clemson, Fujin (or Kami)

For weird and fun add Derzki and Okhotnoik

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,656 posts
4,602 battles

Easy:  St. Louis / Igor. 

Bougainville is fun too, though one quickly tires of T1.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

only one that can make my hand shake is khaba , if I have a good game in it.   400+ hits  in match is quite fun  

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
13,321 battles

Enjoy the following when I am in a funk, and just want to have a good time.  Nick, Ark Beta, Cesar, Campbelltown, Vampire and now Roma.  I like the Mikasa and Emden for some LOL.  Non Prem.  usually not too much, as if I want some fun, I usually want to make some silver, but really do look forward to the Lion, fun ship...  Missouri not on list, cause higher tiers is what usually has burned me out a bit.  I like other Prems like Dunk and Tirp, but seems like I gotta work harder...  oh yeah Ohotinck been a lot of fun the few games I have played...

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
5,906 battles

If you're talking gun boats, I'm really liking De Grasse right now (of all things).  I'm mostly using her in operations, dedicated captain with IFHE, putting up some pretty stunning hits and damage.  Never have to load AP, you can citadel most of the cruisers you face with HE.  In Randoms, well, she's a little more challenging.

Shchors was fun - strong, accurate guns with long range and fast reload.  When I'm done with Chapayev, I'll likely buy it back again and put her captain back in her.  The Donskoi and Moskva might be challenging with a new captain, but my Russian cruiser line captain is set up for 152mm mains and fourteen points is a long grind.

Edit - Ark Beta for sure, @Morpheous!

[PHD]
Beta Testers
231 posts
5,528 battles
50 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

My go to fun botes are South Carolina and St Louis (with Igor camo!).   Closely followed by Bougainville and the Pan Asian tier 1.

Yeah. Halloween St. Louis is a blast. I really like Nassau too and managed to pick up that halloween camo as well.