Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Richaloo vs dunkerque thing.

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Just found out the richaloo bb is a tier 8 bb.

Thats a huge nope from me as tier 8 is a abyss of madness you cannot escape.

 

What about the dunky?

Tier 6 is always the best fun what you all reckon to buying the dunky?

Has the dunk been fixed as it was released with a 2 turret damage module and it should be 4.

Is the dunky worth 26 dollars?

Will the dunky work with a low spec captain?

 

Thanks all.

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
409
[THREE]
Members
2,308 posts
12,420 battles

Hey

I think the Dunkerque is a fun ship, the guns are a bit wonky and the AP is weird as far as how it works.  I started mine with a 3pt captain and now at 11pts.  so yes, it's an ok ship for the money and with 3-6 pt. captain is very doable.  I play mine like it's more of a cruiser than a traditional BB.  

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
Just now, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I think the Dunkerque is a fun ship, the guns are a bit wonky and the AP is weird as far as how it works.  I started mine with a 3pt captain and now at 11pts.  so yes, it's an ok ship for the money and with 3-6 pt. captain is very doable.  I play mine like it's more of a cruiser than a traditional BB.  

 

Pete

Do you fight in reverse?

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
237 posts
4,260 battles

the dunkerque is fun its fast hits hard and bounces shells pretty well.last time i took her out i was at 1k health and bounced 10 battle ship shells took the cv to kill me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,294
[-K-]
Members
8,038 posts
13,285 battles
32 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Do you fight in reverse?

Dunkerque has 25mm of bow armor, so anyone who tries to bow tank in her is foolish.   She is not Yamato or North Carolina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[ADOPT]
[ADOPT]
Members
75 posts
6,584 battles

 Dunkerque can technically bounce up to 356mm AP(fuso, new mex, arizone). However BBs with larger caliber guns will over match your bow armor. On top of the fact, Dunkerque burns like a pile of dried leaves, and you will get HE spammed.

 It's better to be actively maneuvering, almost like a better armored French cruiser. Her guns while have good shell velocity and pen, can be somewhat trollish dispersion wise.

She doesn't play like a typical BB, she won't be the tip of the spear in a push, but more like a second line support BB. If that is what you want then go for it. Otherwise I would not drop the cash on it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
10 minutes ago, Balaams_Donkey said:

 Dunkerque can technically bounce up to 356mm AP(fuso, new mex, arizone). However BBs with larger caliber guns will over match your bow armor. On top of the fact, Dunkerque burns like a pile of dried leaves, and you will get HE spammed.

 It's better to be actively maneuvering, almost like a better armored French cruiser. Her guns while have good shell velocity and pen, can be somewhat trollish dispersion wise.

She doesn't play like a typical BB, she won't be the tip of the spear in a push, but more like a second line support BB. If that is what you want then go for it. Otherwise I would not drop the cash on it.

 

I would use it for capping like a dd.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
409
[THREE]
Members
2,308 posts
12,420 battles
1 hour ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Do you fight in reverse?

Hey

I have tried that bo in meta but usually it does nothing but get you killed, your position over run and generally works for a very limited amount of time.  It does work rather well when you have HE loaded and you rush a smoked up DD, very fun!

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
490
[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Dunkerque has 25mm of bow armor, so anyone who tries to bow tank in her is foolish.   She is not Yamato or North Carolina.

She bowtanks perfectly fine, its about knowing what can and cannot overmatch you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,634
[WOLF3]
Members
25,275 posts
22,294 battles

Server performance wise, Dunkeke is fine.

Q2GhDXq.jpg

However, she is a very polarizing BB.

 

She's fast, maneuverable for Tier VI.  She can handle 356mm guns just fine.  Her guns are good in brawling ranges and can land lots of hits.

 

Her weaknesses?  15"+ guns perforate her protection and the number of guns big enough to do that have grown in her tier alone.  Warspite, then Bayern, then Mutsu, now Queen Elizabeth.  Then there's the Tier VII+ BBs she can encounter that will crush her armor scheme.  Her AA is very mediocre, secondaries are so-so.  The guns have suspect accuracy outside brawling ranges.  The all forward gun setup is awkward and she plays unlike normal BBs.  Matter of fact, when you check Richelieu previews, you hear that comment quite frequently.

 

There's a bunch of guys that swear by the effectiveness of the ship.  Look at the stats above and you can see why.  But there's also a lot of guys that hate her.  I think she's a good ship for Tier VI, but the reasons people hate her are also very valid.  She's also been unchanged, so any old issues, strengths persist.  The difference is things have gotten more dangerous, competitive.  Queen Elizabeth can crush her.  Normandie is more competition and can actually keep pace quite well with Dunkeke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[DBL-D]
Members
11 posts
7,388 battles

The Dunkerque and the Richelue are very similar in play style. Both the fastest BBs for their teir but have weak armor, and less than average guns. The placement of their turrets creates a style of gameplay unique to these ships. Not even are the Nelson or Izumo really the same. If you striaght bow tank in either of these ships, you will pay for it, so angling is a must. That will just come with practice, and knowing when you should push forward or pull back. Almost all of the French BBs work better on the secondary flank or as a support battleship. However, you have to be careful in both of these ships, that you don't get caught alone, or else you will pay for it. Getting back to the subject, the Dunkerquw is a good ship to buy. She will bring you a different style of gameplay, and is also a great xp farmer. The Dunkurque is probably the best teir six premium out there, although if you want the best BB for your money, I would just buy the Scharnhoarst or the Tirpitz at teir seven or eight. Both of those ships bring traditional battleship play, with the classic German brawling fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,634
[WOLF3]
Members
25,275 posts
22,294 battles
1 hour ago, SweetBabyRuth said:

The Dunkerque and the Richelue are very similar in play style. Both the fastest BBs for their teir but have weak armor, and less than average guns. The placement of their turrets creates a style of gameplay unique to these ships. Not even are the Nelson or Izumo really the same. If you striaght bow tank in either of these ships, you will pay for it, so angling is a must. That will just come with practice, and knowing when you should push forward or pull back. Almost all of the French BBs work better on the secondary flank or as a support battleship. However, you have to be careful in both of these ships, that you don't get caught alone, or else you will pay for it. Getting back to the subject, the Dunkerquw is a good ship to buy. She will bring you a different style of gameplay, and is also a great xp farmer. The Dunkurque is probably the best teir six premium out there, although if you want the best BB for your money, I would just buy the Scharnhoarst or the Tirpitz at teir seven or eight. Both of those ships bring traditional battleship play, with the classic German brawling fun.

Richelieu can bow tank like a champ, the only thing that concerns her in that profile are HE spam, torps, and 460mm AP... Or bow camping at the wrong time.

 

I was running down Alabamas, North Carolinas and in my pursuit angle, their 16" guns had minimal effect.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,526 posts
10,950 battles
On 2/16/2018 at 3:04 PM, Vader_Sama said:

Your ship naming just irks me, just want to say that.

Me too. Almost didn't bother replying. Other than frontal firing guns, that's where the similarity ends. I like both ships, but the Richelieu is much more tankier and good at bow tanking. The range at over 25km is ridiculous; you won't hit a thing at those ranges. Her boost is very good and you will find that a lot of players miscalculate their shots when aiming at you. I just got the ship, played 1 game so far. Just my initial impression of the ship. I like it so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,294
[-K-]
Members
8,038 posts
13,285 battles
On 2/16/2018 at 4:20 PM, Akeno017 said:

She bowtanks perfectly fine, its about knowing what can and cannot overmatch you.

Which is basically every 203mm HE shell and virtually all BB's over T6.  Trying to bow-tank in Dunkerque, while I suppose may be possible in some scenarios, isn't great because it negates one of her greatest assets: her speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[-TNT-]
Members
934 posts
17,827 battles

Last night Montana's AP was unable to over match my Richelieu's Bow so what did he do? Ram me. I thought it was funny too. WG, hat's off on tiers 5-9 French BBs. I've enjoyed playing these ships.  I like to see these battleships be able to equip "engine boost modification 1" so that they can have the time to relocate to areas that are weaken against enemy ships. Since I use VG and target acquisition module, I like chasing DD's out of their smoke and selecting my MFC SD on them.  It's a riot.  

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,373 posts

I am grinding a 19 point captain on Dunkirk. Now at 14 points. How much crap do you want to take from other players at Tier 6? 

Flamu and a couple others have videos out on Dunkirk. The goal is to get as much damage as possible for the team.  So you got to play it very conservative or else deletion.

So....it sucks....Get shot up then have to hide behind an island to heel. Yes go forward then back up.  My last three games I have had a single player go off each time. Yet at the end Dunkirk was ranked 2, 3 and middle of the fleet.  

Very accurate guns, better than sigma value. But what a target. 

Run forward to support a DD. Likely can quickly half the life of an enemy DD. Then begin to back and damage ca and BB.   

Hopefully not down to under 20 percent health. Because once enemy ships are damaged Dunkirk can delete.  Sunk ships are not a good stat to see how Dunkirk did because it easily deletes many ships with one volley. Very close grouped shells. 

If there are aircraft especially 2 cvs , Dunkirk cannot back up. So....creativity using islands to turn comes into play. But greatly reduces overall damage for that game. BUT your fellow tier 6ish players think you are doing a great job....

No reviewer that I have seen in the last year recommends Dunkirk.  Once this Captain reaches 19 points I doubt I will play it again.

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×