You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MorbidGamer

Possible Eugen and Hipper Buffs INC!

88 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,393 posts
17,601 battles

.5 km additional secondary range.

• Funny 8

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,715 posts
12,289 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

.5 km additional secondary range.

Torpedo range decreased to compensate. 

• Funny 2

[FDK]
Members
1,217 posts
7 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Torpedo range decreased to compensate. 

No...Don't mess with their Torpedo Range

Edited by Xwing_Red1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,393 posts
17,601 battles
3 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Give Hipper Radar, and Eugen a heal.

I'd rather vice versa, tbh. It'd be a nod to history, when Eugen had to take point and use her radar when Bismarck's was wrecked.

• Cool 1

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,960 posts
12,448 battles

I would prefer a 10 second reload on Eugen and Hipper. It would be far more useful than a heal.

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
5,187 posts
5,002 battles

Honestly a heal would go a LONG way to make her competitive. The reload itself makes players choose WHEN to shoot first straight up DPM like other ships. The Hipper is the gateway to Roon and Hindy, don't make it too easy. 

[BS]
Members
1,967 posts
10,406 battles

Well, since the Hipper/Eugie are a little sturdier then other T8 cruisers...They aren't going to improve the guns. They don't mix sturdiness and good gun performance. So, it'll probably be a consumable buff.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
462 posts
6,263 battles
4 minutes ago, KommandantPerry said:

I might push past the yorck now.....interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

Both should gain improved RoF and heal IMO. I doubt they'll get Radar since that is exclusive to 3 Cruiser lines for now.

Both ships are incredibly bad in DPM compared to the other CAs at Tier 8, and only bring a highly competitive level of HP to compensate. The issue with the HP is that they're Cruisers.

The only other option would be improved torpedo range, as 6 isn't super useful, but then again it's not the 4.5 mines the Atlanta is stuck with either.

• Cool 1

[HOTH]
Members
456 posts
7,553 battles
Just now, Madwolf05 said:

Both should gain improved RoF and heal IMO. I doubt they'll get Radar since that is exclusive to 3 Cruiser lines for now.

Both ships are incredibly bad in DPM compared to the other CAs at Tier 8, and only bring a highly competitive level of HP to compensate. The issue with the HP is that they're Cruisers.

The only other option would be improved torpedo range, as 6 isn't super useful, but then again it's not the 4.5 mines the Atlanta is stuck with either.

I think a buff to 10 ROF wouldn't be bad, that or they get a healer a tier early to emphasize them being sturdier(granted all tier 8 cruisers need heals. The power bump from tier 8 to 9 needs to be smoothed out. Cruisers get modules and healers at 9. One needs to come a tier earlier)

Members
783 posts

Id prefer a RoF buff to hipper/eugen there is enough radar ingame atm, a heal of non cit dmg would be welcomed like the Atago's.  Personally I think all T8 and up cruisers could use that kind of heal.

As for the shima getting buffed, bout time.  She has needed something since the torpedo nerf.  Hopefully its a torpedo reload boost consumable, with or without smoke.  IJN smoke is pretty bad reload so Id prefer to keep smoke + reload consumable.  But get rid of the 20km torps so we dont get stupid stuff like the Asashio.  Her guns could use the IJN awesome HE back, and slightly slower RoF to balance that.  I like IJN dd a heck of a lot more with the IJN HE and slower RoF then I do what they have now.  So somewhere in between would be good place for them I think.  And reduce her torpedo detection range on her torps a bit, to 1.3km or so, that or speed them up by 5 knots.

Id make the shima reload booster not drop it down to 9 sec reload but something like 30-40 sec would still be a big help per match and it would keep the shima from having 30 torps in the water at once.  The modded guns would let her contest caps a lil better without making her a gunboat, she would no longer get completely slaughtered in a knife fight but would be at a disadvantage so a nice balanced point.

Edited by JToney3449

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,827 posts
4,361 battles

My guess:

Both gain an RoF buff, but Eugen gets Radar, fitting in somewhat historically and also allowing her to serve as an early warning platform with both Radar and Hydro, but no concealment or smoke to really abuse it (unlike Belfast).

As far as heals go, they would be better off giving all Non-Premium T8 cruisers a basic heal if they don't already have one, even if it's 1 less than what T9 and T10 cruisers get. Then add it to Eugen to match Atago, then buff Atago's AA to proper historical levels since having a Heal would no longer be one of her main selling points (which was one of several reasons WG refused to give Atago her proper AA in the first place).

• Cool 1

[KRAB]
Members
888 posts
7,326 battles

I honestly don't see the problem with the Hipper as it is now. It has higher HE penetration, 27mm bow plating with a 40mm waterline belt preventing citadel hits through the transverse bulkhead and turtleback armor. It also has by far the highest AP alpha damage and competitive penetration and ballistics as well - these guns are the same as the Hindenburg gets while ALL of the other T10 cruisers have a gun performance upgrade slotted in somewhere during either T9 or T10. 

It has torpedoes, the armor scheme which makes it extremely strong in close (where it can use them), German Hydro, strong AA and a reasonable health pool. 

The slower reload time is needed to balance it against the other T8 cruisers. If the Hipper gets a heal, ALL of them need one (which I agree with, but that is another issue). 

Hipper performs poorly because it has a different playstyle than the earlier ships in the line. You need to use your armor mid and late game, especially against ships which can't overmatch you. If you sit broadside or just hang back shooting over an island you are throwing away most of your strengths to become a crappy Mogami. That is not ideal by any means. 

[WUDPS]
5,187 posts
5,002 battles
3 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

My guess:

Both gain an RoF buff, but Eugen gets Radar, fitting in somewhat historically and also allowing her to serve as an early warning platform with both Radar and Hydro, but no concealment or smoke to really abuse it (unlike Belfast).

As far as heals go, they would be better off giving all Non-Premium T8 cruisers a basic heal if they don't already have one, even if it's 1 less than what T9 and T10 cruisers get. Then add it to Eugen to match Atago, then buff Atago's AA to proper historical levels since having a Heal would no longer be one of her main selling points (which was one of several reasons WG refused to give Atago her proper AA in the first place).

I'll follow on with this and here is why:

We see Tier 8 facing off against Tier 10 quite a bit. Regularly I can count on my fingers and toes the amount of people crying about how they keep getting their tier 10 shaft. It's an unfortunate side effect of the MM lock for tier 3 and 4.

Fine cool...best fix in my book...give tier 8 cruisers a single heal (2 if they take super.)

Let them get a paddlin for going broadside and not be insta screwed...we might get some better players and less people crying about it.

Per the Hipper/Eugen....I'd give Eugen radar because the premium ship needs SOMETHING gameplaywise to make her stand out from her tech tree counterpart. They both need a reload buff...the heal yeah every tier 8 cruiser needs it. 

• Cool 2

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

A heal of non-citadel damage on a Cruiser is like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

[WUDPS]
5,187 posts
5,002 battles
4 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

A heal of non-citadel damage on a Cruiser is like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

Considering most people are tossing HE, it really isn't that bad actually. 

[BS]
Members
1,967 posts
10,406 battles

Bet 20$ no ROF buff...The ships aren't squishy enough.  They might give Hipper a Lo yang style hydro, and Eugen Radar...  These two ships are kinda "Normalized" for tier 8, jack of all trades, masters of none. Buffing ROF will make them too strong.

Please bump the torps to 8.5km so they can be used offensively.

Ej

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
5 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Bet 20$ no ROF buff...The ships aren't squishy enough.  They might give Hipper a Lo yang style hydro, and Eugen Radar...  These two ships are kinda "Normalized" for tier 8, jack of all trades, masters of none. Buffing ROF will make them too strong.

Please bump the torps to 8.5km so they can be used offensively.

Ej

Would love to have a torp buff.  But only as an add on.  Heal is definitely needed.