You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Is Normandie better off with HE at range?

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
17 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

The AP doesn’t seem that hot unless you’re close.

The ap is amazing at all ranges learn to aim.

It wipes out all ships from bb to dd with ap.

The ship needs and wants a very high spec captain and 2nd skills.

With a 19 point captain on board this will wipe the floor with warspite.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 3

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles

Alternative Battle interface, follow the shell flight time, lead cruisers that drive in straight lines, give'em a broadside at 12-15 klicks. You might need two broadsides, but I typically find citadels.

[MEIST]
Members
1,413 posts
5,611 battles
26 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I only played her twice but the AP seemed fine when it connected.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
15 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Well since I'm better at this game than you are. . . saying "learn to aim" is not particularly relevant or useful.  Although it has earned you a spot on my ignore list.  Congratulations on your accomplishment!

Maybe instead of posting on the forums, now you can take the time to learn to play.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
13 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

I've only played her twice also.  Maybe just got some bad rolls.

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

I've only played her twice also.  Maybe just got some bad rolls.

Probably.

27912624_10156743099574386_2788462834677

I'm typically somewhere in the 60-90k range with her if they leave me alone.

Which alot tend to do.

[MEIST]
Members
1,413 posts
5,611 battles
25 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

That's what I am thinking, just bad rolls. Once I got the Lyon I never went back to her.

[-K-]
Members
8,033 posts
13,265 battles
30 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Well since I'm better at this game than you are. . . saying "learn to aim" is not particularly relevant or useful.  Although it has earned you a spot on my ignore list.  Congratulations on your accomplishment!

Maybe instead of posting on the forums, now you can take the time to learn to play.

Dreadnought, you should know better than to feed the trolls.... 

• Meh 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Dreadnought, you should know better than to feed the trolls.... 

Yeah I almost just noted his troll status and moved on.  But its a slow day at work.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

Well since I'm a better player than you I concur with the person your referring to, learn to get gud

Doesn't feel good to be stat shamed does it now?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
6 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Well since I'm a better player than you I concur with the person your referring to, learn to get gud

Doesn't feel good to be stat shamed does it now?

LOL so much to laugh at in this post. . .

1.  Your solo win rate is only a couple points higher than mine.  Not much difference.

2.  My average experience is 40% higher than yours. . . so. . .

I'm going to say you're not actually better than me.  You seem to get carried more . . but contribute less.  "Git gud."

3.  Stats aside. . . you might want to go back and read his post (and his posts in other threads).  You're siding with one of the worst trolls on the forum over a random, unprovoked attack.  Might want to do a better job choosing your company.

Look. . . .  I generally don't attack people on here.  Certainly not when they are posting regular questions.  I don't stat shame except in response to a random attack like this one.  You shouldn't be coming after me. . . you should be telling him, "don't dish it out if you can't take it."  I just posted a question, he started with the attacks, and now you've joined him.

There are PLENTY of people better than me at this game.  I don't go around on their legitimate threads saying "git gud."  This troll shouldn't either.  And neither should you.

• Meh 1

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles
12 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

LOL so much to laugh at in this post. . .

1.  Your solo win rate is only a couple points higher than mine.  Not much difference.

2.  My average experience is 40% higher than yours. . . so. . .

I'm going to say you're not actually better than me.  You seem to get carried more . . but contribute less.  "Git gud."

3.  Stats aside. . . you might want to go back and read his post (and his posts in other threads).  You're siding with one of the worst trolls on the forum over a random, unprovoked attack.  Might want to do a better job choosing your company.

Look. . . .  I generally don't attack people on here.  Certainly not when they are posting regular questions.  I don't stat shame except in response to a random attack like this one.  You shouldn't be coming after me. . . you should be telling him, "don't dish it out if you can't take it."  I just posted a question, he started with the attacks, and now you've joined him.

There are PLENTY of people better than me at this game.  I don't go around on their legitimate threads saying "git gud."  This troll shouldn't either.  And neither should you.

Actually I was going by PR and WTR rating from 2 different stat sites along with the fact I survive more and kill more ships on average. Looks like I'm the one that carries more. 

That said the advice he gave was solid and I see no trolling in his part. Keep going with your stat shaming though, one day you could be better than me

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
17 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Actually I was going by PR and WTR rating from 2 different stat sites along with the fact I survive more and kill more ships on average. Looks like I'm the one that carries more. 

That said the advice he gave was solid and I see no trolling in his part. Keep going with your stat shaming though, one day you could be better than me

I can't help that you're looking at the wrong metrics.

Win Rate and Experience determine how good you are.  Survival and kills just determine how you play.

Keep up your defending of trolls.

• Cool 1

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
2 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Im sorry my advice fell on troll ears please return to under your bridge thanks.

• Meh 2

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles
2 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

I can't help that you're looking at the wrong metrics.

Win Rate and Experience determine how good you are.  Survival and kills just determine how you play.

Keep up your defending of trolls.

Well I have a higher win rate and you play higher tiers on average which always nets a higher average XP. I hate high tiers (cause having 3 BBs sitting behind a island 20km behind the action it's kinda boring) and play mid tier. If you want to compare tier for your we can though.....

Like I said stat shaming someone isn't fun when someone else can shame you. 

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Seeing as how the Ship just made it into the game you can not even begin to get a fair evaluation of performance. Come back when you have 500 battles.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
6 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

I was ruinning the same thing, the AP seems very meh so far, only really works at close ranges and flat broadside. I had better resultados with the HE, but the HE is not the RN HE so...  

Normandie was a disappointment so far.

[SSU]
Members
43 posts
5,740 battles

I don't specifically recall any issues with the penetration capabilities, but now I'll have sail mine out a few more times to see if I just had a couple lucky games.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
1 hour ago, Psycodiver said:

Well I have a higher win rate and you play higher tiers on average which always nets a higher average XP. I hate high tiers (cause having 3 BBs sitting behind a island 20km behind the action it's kinda boring) and play mid tier. If you want to compare tier for your we can though.....

Like I said stat shaming someone isn't fun when someone else can shame you. 

I didn’t do it for fun.... I did it back.   You started it and have shown yourself to be as much of a troll as he is.   You just suck at it by trying to stat shame someone who is better than you are.  Lol.

• Meh 1

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles
3 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

I didn’t do it for fun.... I did it back.   You started it and have shown yourself to be as much of a troll as he is.   You just suck at it by trying to stat shame someone who is better than you are.  Lol.

11 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

10 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

You started stat shaming this player first, I stat shammed you back. You keep claiming your better than me but checking the same ships we have played with similar amount of battles shows different. The only thing you have over me is  average XP, I kill more often, survive more often and thus win more often, I must be weird to care less about selfish XP gains than playing for the win instead. You tried hanging your stats over another player and purposely put them down when they gave you advice, I dished it back in return. I'm not saying your a bad player, I'm just better just like their are better players than me and to hold your stats over other players makes for a toxic player base, simply put be a better person next time

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,577 posts
2,106 battles

I've only played it a few times, but I felt like I got a lot of shatters and ricochets at longer ranges. More games are needed, but HE might be useful. Wiki says 26% fire chance, but then again, the dispersion is pretty wretched. I'm still learning the game, so maybe now is the time to experiment with it.