Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrandonKF

"Fun and Engaging"...

39 comments in this topic

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles

First match in Cleveland today in Random to start the missions. Turn in to support destroyers at C cap, see a single spread of torpedoes, speed up to avoid, another spread comes, I angle to only take one.

In the same moment.

Two First Bloods. Two Devastating Strikes. One Detonation on my Cleveland from a single torpedo.

I will be so glad when this goes away in the next update.

FAEMF.

• Boring 1

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,151 posts
6,571 battles

In the meantime, the anti detonation module for the first slot is very effective.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I will just sit here and wait for the Rage threads about the 75% chance of Dets needs to be removed

WhfxTbh.gif

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,589 posts
10,169 battles
6 minutes ago, X15 said:

In the meantime, the anti detonation module for the first slot is very effective.

^^^^ THIS

24pi3w.jpg

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Even with the changed Det mechanic you will still have died: it does the 'det' check after damage is applied, so if the first shot you take takes you down below 85%, you can still det on the first hit. DD's will still be blown up left and right from dets after the current version of the change as even 1 HE hit from a BB can easily draw 22% of their total health.

Members
5,202 posts
Just now, _RC1138 said:

Even with the changed Det mechanic you will still have died: it does the 'det' check after damage is applied, so if the first shot you take takes you down below 85%, you can still det on the first hit. DD's will still be blown up left and right from dets after the current version of the change as even 1 HE hit from a BB can easily draw 22% of their total health.

It's 75%

unknown.png

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

It's 75 percent.

8 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I will just sit here and wait for the Rage threads about the 75% chance of Dets needs to be removed

WhfxTbh.gif

^

Unlikely for me.

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles
Just now, SluggerJackson said:

Det signals work.  Use 'em.

Sure, let me dig into my pile of them for cruisers. Oh wait... I typically hoard what flags I earn so I don't run out.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1,027 posts
6,100 battles
17 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

WhfxTbh.gif

Even with the changes they will still complain..

[TBW]
Members
9,770 posts
16,559 battles
22 minutes ago, X15 said:

At the cost of your turrets, engine and rudder which get knocked out way more often.

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
36 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

The change to the detonation mechanic will be a welcome one. 

No, it's not.  What would have been welcomed by me was a message from the devs to suck it up, buttercups!!!

• Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
9,770 posts
16,559 battles
19 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No, it's not.  What would have been welcomed by me was a message from the devs to suck it up, buttercups!!!

I think people think that a devastating strike is a detonation and need to learn the difference. If that is the case all they have to do, to fix it, is have a big circled red X on the middle of the screen and "You Have Been Detonated" text. If you didn't get the signals you haven't been detonated, unless of course it's more than 1 in a day. How many det achievements you have is a pretty good indicator of how many times you have been detonated but not exact. I have been detonated about 64 times in 7,421 Random battles. I can live with that, and you have to keep in mind that not all of them are at the beginning of the battle. Does it suck to get detonated? Yes. Is it a problem? No. Hit ESC return to port and pick another ship and when the other battle is over you can rejoice in your 10 new signals.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No.

47 minutes ago, X15 said:

It is effective. And on several ships I do run it in spite of it causing my issues with my turrets and tubes.

There's a parity to this though.

Don't be surprised if the detonation mechanic is changed so instead, we'll see a lot more heavy HP cruisers and battleships eating Dets starting at 75 percent. A whole new ball of wax, but it might encourage them to try using a different module.

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

I think people think that a devastating strike is a detonation and need to learn the difference. If that is the case all they have to do is have a big circled red X on the middle of the screen and "You Have Been Detonated" text. If you didn't get the signals you haven't been detonated, unless of course it's more than 1 in a day. How many det achievements you have is a pretty good indicator of how many times you have been detonated but not exact. I have been detonated about 64 times in 7,421 Random battles. I can live with that, and you have to keep in mind that not all of them are at the beginning of the battle. Does it suck to get detonated? Yes. Is it a problem? No. Hit ESC return to port and pick another ship and when the other battle is over you can rejoice in your 10 new signals.

I am aware of the difference. Hence why a destroyer was Dev Striked, and I was Detonated.

It has a tendency of happening in rapid succession with several other ships being sunk. Typically, it's on a 2 to 1 ratio for one team over another. Sometimes 3 to 1, or even 2 to 0. Some might argue it's designed to bring around faster games for Wargaming, but I can neither confirm or deny those postulations because I'm not in their programming department.

Is it a problem? In my opinion, yes, because it's neither Fun nor Engaging for the player, because guess what, you went into battle, possibly flagged up and with your best camo, hoping to do damage and earn some good XP, and now you just wasted your flags and camo, which for a lot of people are not in plentiful supply.

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I think people think that a devastating strike is a detonation and need to learn the difference. If that is the case all they have to do is have a big circled red X on the middle of the screen and "You Have Been Detonated" text. If you didn't get the signals you haven't been detonated, unless of course it's more than 1 in a day. How many det achievements you have is a pretty good indicator of how many times you have been detonated but not exact. I have been detonated about 64 times in 7,421 Random battles. I can live with that, and you have to keep in mind that not all of them are at the beginning of the battle. Does it suck to get detonated? Yes. Is it a problem? No. Hit ESC return to port and pick another ship and when the other battle is over you can rejoice in your 10 new signals.

I agree that better notification would be nice.  I would also wish that they'd remove the once per day limitation on getting detonation flags.  After all, it's not really that common to get detonated multiple times in the same day.  Furthermore, it's not like some achievement where if you're good enough you can fairly easily achieve it multiple times a day.

Does it suck to get detonated?  Depends when it happens.  if you're barely alive and you get detonated, it's like "Well, whatever, I'd have died anyways."

I don't mount anti-det flags on all that many ships because I want to farm them ... sorta.  I don't worry about getting detonated in mid tier DDs.  I just look at it as a chance to earn the anti-det flags as a silver lining.  OTOH, I do mount anti-det flags on my tier 10's, simply because of the much higher service cost, and wanting to be able to stay in the battle long enough to earn enough credits to at least break even, if not turn a profit.

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
8 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Glad I'm not you. Glad the devs aren't you. 

Wuss.  :Smile-_tongue:

Members
1,363 posts
22,826 battles
40 minutes ago, X15 said:

10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Looks like all the uninformed, insulting loudmouths of a couple of months back were, as usual, wrong... Public postings of dissatisfaction with game mechanics, while inciting an uncontrollable emotional tide in some low-IQs that demands posting vitriolic responses, also aids the game designers in aspects that should be considered or reconsidered, thus I put up with moronic responses like these:

so that Wargaming might move on the expressed opinions, like they have about Detonations and Splash Graphics. I didn't get all I wanted, but they've moved in my direction (from the 0.7.2.0 notes)....

From now on, a ship’s magazine can detonate only if the ship has 75% or less of her HP pool remaining. Previously, this indicator equaled 100% which could result in highly frustrating detonations right in the beginning of a battle after the very first hit on the ship. From now on, ships with full HP will not detonate.

Visual Effects

We've received a lot of feedback about difficulties with aiming at ships which come under massive fire due to a large number of accompanying visual effects. To make aiming easier, we’ve tweaked water splashes rising after a shell hits the water, making them fall down faster. This will increase the visibility of a ship which falls under massive crossfire.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,151 posts
6,571 battles
2 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Looks like all the uninformed, insulting loudmouths of a couple of months back were, as usual, wrong... Public postings of dissatisfaction with game mechanics, while inciting an uncontrollable emotional tide in some low-IQs that demands posting vitriolic responses, also aids the game designers in aspects that should be considered or reconsidered, thus I put up with moronic responses like these:

Why am I included in this?

The det module makes a very noticeable difference. And at no point have I said the 25% immunity window is a bad idea.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,960 posts
12,393 battles

But detonating khabs in the first salvo at the start of the game is one of the greatest pleasures in this game.

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles

Don't know why you were included, unless you said something he didn't take a liking to in the previous posts.

@theLaalaa you might want to consider who you quote next time depending on whether X15 actually said something mouthy to you. Otherwise you owe the man an apology.

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

But detonating khabs in the first salvo at the start of the game is one of the greatest pleasures in this game.

Have never detonated one ever. Bounced a couple 16-inch AP off them in Kii, that's about it.

Sign in to follow this