You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xXx_Emeraldking208_xXx

How am I getting better?

16 comments in this topic

Members
307 posts
7,295 battles

So some days ago, I decided to go ahead and grind Colorado to North Carolina as fast as possible. So, I slapped some xp and free xp flags on her as well as a repair party increase flag, speed increase flag, and some stockpiled Halloween camo. I have been stockpiling camos and flags so I have a plethora of them, the camos I use are the credit bought ones. However, lately something odd has been happening-

I'm doing GOOD in her.

Seriously, she treated me like trash so I stopped playing her and focused on other ships. After a while, It was getting irritating seeing her in my port so I said "Eh, screw it, I'll grind to North Carolina. It will be a pain, but worth it." Now though, I'm doing quick-scopes and killing a lot more ships than before. I think a factor in this is when I changed up my 10 point (worked for it) captain's skills to include adrenaline rush. She can also put out fires quicker than any other battleship I've seen. A couple days into the grind, I already have 20K experience.

How could I be garbage in her one day, then slap some xp, free xp, repair party, and speed flags as well as a Halloween camo and be a nightmare for cruisers and battleships another day?

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
9 minutes ago, XX_Emeraldking_XX said:

So some days ago, I decided to go ahead and grind Colorado to North Carolina as fast as possible. So, I slapped some xp and free xp flags on her as well as a repair party increase flag, speed increase flag, and some stockpiled Halloween camo. I have been stockpiling camos and flags so I have a plethora of them, the camos I use are the credit bought ones. However, lately something odd has been happening-

I'm doing GOOD in her.

Seriously, she treated me like trash so I stopped playing her and focused on other ships. After a while, It was getting irritating seeing her in my port so I said "Eh, screw it, I'll grind to North Carolina. It will be a pain, but worth it." Now though, I'm doing quick-scopes and killing a lot more ships than before. I think a factor in this is when I changed up my 10 point (worked for it) captain's skills to include adrenaline rush. She can also put out fires quicker than any other battleship I've seen. A couple days into the grind, I already have 20K experience.

How could I be garbage in her one day, then slap some xp, free xp, repair party, and speed flags as well as a Halloween camo and be a nightmare for cruisers and battleships another day?

What? Quick scopes? LOL THIS AINT COD SON.

also its called teams. MM quite often gives you trash teams one day then the next all the stars in the universe align and give you perfect game.

she.. cri... puts out fires at the same rate as any other

Edited by JessieTheKitty

[WOLF5]
Members
3,579 posts
3,808 battles

You have more experience overall.

You have more experience in the CO

You are having a lucky day.

Seriously, the CO isn't bad anymore. Not great, but not bad. Yeah it's slow, and eats pens like crazy. But the guns are good, the heal is great, steering is great, AA is good. It's not bad anymore. All ships have a learning curve, even the great ones. It took me about 50K XP to get the NC. Was wondering why everyone said it was good. Then got the hang of it, and it is indeed awesome.

Finally, you could just be on a good day. You could be playing a stock Izumo and be unsinkable on some days, but can't get a win to save your life on others. So my guess is you're on a bit of a streak, and are more familiar with the ship.

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
15 minutes ago, XX_Emeraldking_XX said:

I'm doing GOOD in her.

Also if i may say, i feel like your just thinking your doing better mainly due to you killing off heavily weakened ships. Your WTR has improved yesterday but your avg damage with the colorado was... well 22k dmg oof thats low. Honestly if you want honest opinion it wasnt doing good in her, but rather getting good teams helping carry you. 

Edited by JessieTheKitty

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles

I think Colorado suffers from one of the issues that izumo does.  The ship that precedes her is just so good comfortable and easy to play that they feel like huge letdowns in initially.

Members
307 posts
7,295 battles
17 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

but your avg damage with the colorado was... well 22k dmg oof thats low

actually, that was my average damage in any ship (probably brought down because of Cleveland)

if you go to specifically Colorado, it's 38K damage

[NDA]
Supertester
3,925 posts
1,884 battles
1 minute ago, XX_Emeraldking_XX said:

actually, that was my average damage in any ship (probably brought down because of Cleveland)

Still low, but keep in mind that since Colorado is so slow, you're often playing catch-up to your team.  I find I end up vulching kills simply because I'm the last one to get in range.

Members
1,027 posts
6,184 battles
3 minutes ago, XX_Emeraldking_XX said:

For me personally when I play the Colo that's low because it's less than the hp's of your ship not a knock on you just the way I look at my ship compared to my damage in that battle

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
2 minutes ago, XX_Emeraldking_XX said:

Well still, thats not really exactly "nightmare for battleships and cruisers" heck even most cruisers at that tier have 30k so you are most likely still taking ships out that where already weakened.

Then for example my tier 7 BB's

ashitaka - 72k dmg avg

hood -50k avg

Nagato - 77k avg

scharnhorst -80k avg

[TBW]
Members
9,821 posts
16,571 battles

Hope it stays that way for you.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[KWF]
Members
4,039 posts
6,189 battles

To play her to her full potential you need one or two more Xs added to your nickname imo :Smile_hiding:

Edited by warheart1992
  • Funny 1

Members
307 posts
7,295 battles
31 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

To play her to her full potential you need one or two more Xs added to your nickname imo :Smile_hiding:

Actually lol

my original nickname was xXx_Emeraldking_xXx but I shortened it because not many people know of an mlg gamertag

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,459 posts
11,285 battles
1 hour ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Well still, thats not really exactly "nightmare for battleships and cruisers" heck even most cruisers at that tier have 30k so you are most likely still taking ships out that where already weakened.

Then for example my tier 7 BB's

ashitaka - 72k dmg avg

hood -50k avg

Nagato - 77k avg

scharnhorst -80k avg

Nothing wrong with finishing up ships.  Cruisers can stat pad by firing on BBs the whole match and ignore that dd.  

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
1 hour ago, Nachoo31 said:

Nothing wrong with finishing up ships.  Cruisers can stat pad by firing on BBs the whole match and ignore that dd.  

Actually yes, if your focusing at a say low HP cruiser/BB +16km away thats angled and running meanwhile there is closer targets that are a higher threat and could also be giving broadside wwyd?

A: not shoot your guns at all pretend to be a afk.

B: waste 30seconds by shootin at the low hp ships which you have very likely miss since you have 8 inaccurate guns.

C: punish the ship thats close to you and make she/him a lesser threat then they where before

D: enemy ship detected, call for help and kite away

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,459 posts
11,285 battles
2 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Actually yes, if your focusing at a say low HP cruiser/BB +16km away thats angled and running meanwhile there is closer targets that are a higher threat and could also be giving broadside wwyd?

A: not shoot your guns at all pretend to be a afk.

B: waste 30seconds by shootin at the low hp ships which you have very likely miss since you have 8 inaccurate guns.

C: punish the ship thats close to you and make she/him a lesser threat then they where before

D: enemy ship detected, call for help and kite away

First of all, there probably a closer target than a half health ship at 16 km away.  When I said that I wasn't thinking of a situation where the said target is off in the corner way from the fight.

Members
2 posts
6,106 battles

exact same situation for me in the Colorado. I feel like it has pretty solid dispersion...something about each salvo I fire off, I know I'll get good damage. Maybe its so slow and has such poor range that it forces me to concentrate on closer ships? Or the fact that I rarely get above T8 in MM....