You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Big seven division

34 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,526 posts
7,490 battles

Something I wanna do one day is take all of the big 7 class ships and put them in a division (Colorado, Nagato, and Nelson)

That would be awesome, has anyone tried it?

• Cool 1

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
1 minute ago, Sinboto said:

Something I wanna do one day is take all of the big 7 class ships and put them in a division (Colorado, Nagato, and Nelson)

Eh, Nelson, KGV, Scharn would probably be better tbh

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles

But overall 

imagine a division with

Kii, Amagi, Roma, Bismarck, Tirpitz, gasgone, richealu, North Carolina, Alabama, Massachutes, Monarch, (insert another tier 8 bb)

damn. A team with all different tier 8 Bb's that would be amazing

[NDA]
Supertester
3,925 posts
1,884 battles

Wow, this got steered off-topic in a matter of nanoseconds.

I've never done it (and am not much of a divisioner anyway) but I'd give it a run sometime.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
6 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

A TR with only t8 BB's. That would be fun.

Ikr, granted some ships are atill in ST and we need a twelfth to be released but imagine. Imagine tier 8 bb team with all different BB's

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles

Or maybe even

Belfast, Fiji, Indiana, Atlanta, Pensacola, Algiere, Yorck, Myoko, Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, Nachi, Hauruna

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
1 minute ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

Yeah, but some of the t8 are so similar (Bama, Mass, NC) that it wouldn't make too much of a difference.

Still different ships. (Also just posted a tier 7 team of cruisers)

[-K-]
Members
8,033 posts
13,265 battles
12 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

But overall 

imagine a division with

Kii, Amagi, Roma, Bismarck, Tirpitz, gasgone, richealu, North Carolina, Alabama, Massachutes, Monarch, (insert another tier 8 bb)

damn. A team with all different tier 8 Bb's that would be amazing

Only on the stipulation that you have to fight against 12 enemy Umikazes.

It'd be like death by a thousand bee stings.

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Only on the stipulation that you have to fight against 12 enemy Umikazes.

It'd be like death by a thousand bee stings.

Ye lol. 

Beta Testers
394 posts
6,887 battles
24 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

I've been trying to do that with my clan. Most don't have the Colorado anymore. 

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles

Or what about this? 

Leander, Perth, Duca A'osta, De grasse, La Glassionierre, Graf Spee, Nurnberg, Molotov, Budyonny, Cleveland,  Aoba, 

Beta Testers
394 posts
6,887 battles

I happen to have all three ships because the Big 7 collection was one of my goals in World of Warships.

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
1 minute ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

Can you really fault them?

Yeh colo has been powercreeped hard. Not really too useful anymore :c

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
1 minute ago, Cruiser_Kumano said:

I happen to have all three ships because the Big 7 collection was one of my goals in World of Warships.

My goal in wows was to get 100 ships in my port.. now i have 168 :/

Beta Testers
394 posts
6,887 battles
6 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

Can you really fault them?

I completely understand why they are quick to sell the Colorado. I don't know if you have heard the horror of the Closed Beta Colorado. For me, broadside North Carolina 8 KM. Fired all guns at her. All the shots went their separate ways. It wasn't even a straddle and yes, I was aiming correctly.

Edited by Cruiser_Kumano

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,282 posts
18,459 battles
16 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

A TR with only t8 BB's. That would be fun.

You were obviously not around for Tirpitz weekend, when we had random battles of 24 Tirps.

9 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

Yeah, but some of the t8 are so similar (Bama, Mass, NC) that it wouldn't make too much of a difference.

It's not the ships, or the tier; it's the DRIVERS. They are always different.

[SPTR]
Members
2,298 posts
2,076 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

It's not the ships, or the tier; it's the DRIVERS. They are always different.

True, and no i wasn't. But i've heard the stories.

Edited by _Maho_Nishizumi_212

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,282 posts
18,459 battles
16 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

But i've heard the stories.

In some ways it was hilarious and in some ways it was retarded. Nothing like watching a tier 8 BB with 16K detection range (remember these were all brand new ships then with many, many zero point Captains) try to cap while being focus fired by 8 other tier 8 BBs.

Either way, it wasn't what the BB mains think it would be, and in many cases the team with the fewer (read normal amount) of Tirps did better than the team that was overloaded (FYI; Tirps burn real well, and invisifire was a thing back then, and you don't even want to start to talk about it being a DD harvest weekend.) BALANCED teams really do perform better than unbalanced ones.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
1 hour ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Yeh colo has been powercreeped hard. Not really too useful anymore :c

The sad thing is that from a firepower perspective, the Colorado is still excellent.  Its problem is that the damned devs keep on adding more and more tier 7 and even tier 6 BBs that they give a-historical speed, while not doing anything for the poor ol' USN "standard-type" BB's who they've saddled with their molasses slow historical speeds!   

IMHO, the USN standard type BB's need a speed buff.  This is what I'd suggest.  Make their current fully upgraded max speed their stock max speed.  And then make the upgraded engine have the speed buffed engine.  Get them up to around 24-26 kts, and all would be good.

[SPTR]
Members
2,298 posts
2,076 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

The sad thing is that from a firepower perspective, the Colorado is still excellent.  Its problem is that the damned devs keep on adding more and more tier 7 and even tier 6 BBs that they give a-historical speed, while not doing anything for the poor ol' USN "standard-type" BB's who they've saddled with their molasses slow historical speeds!   

IMHO, the USN standard type BB's need a speed buff.  This is what I'd suggest.  Make their current fully upgraded max speed their stock max speed.  And then make the upgraded engine have the speed buffed engine.  Get them up to around 24-26 kts, and all would be good.

Yeah plz. Texas is painful to drive.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
3 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

Yeah plz. Texas is painful to drive.

If I was going to do this, I'd probably scale the speed increases by tier, with the tier 5 USN BBs getting the smallest increases and the Colorado getting the largest one.

And yeah, the Texas is painfully slow.  So is the Arizona.  Actually, the Zona seems worse, because it's constantly facing faster opponents when bottom tier.

Honestly, I wish that the devs hadn't made the mid tier French BBs so (a-historically) fast.  I swear that it seems like every new BB line they introduce ends up being "fast", which makes the USN BB line feel slower and slower and slower.  And on top of that, they give the KM and RN BB lines refits to their speed above their historical "final" speeds of those classes. I say "final" speeds because those mid tier classes were either scuttled, i.e. the KM BBs, or scrapped due to treaty requirements, i.e. the RN BBs, and thus never got such refits.  I don't really mind that they got said refits.  I do mind that the USN mid tier BBs haven't gotten any a-historical engine refits when they so desperately need them.

[SPTR]
Members
2,298 posts
2,076 battles

not a bad idea, but they're all about the same speed. 20-22 knots. Bayern des 25, fuso 24. All the others are quickers too. Even Warspite. So a 4-5 knot speed buff would be nice. US BB's seem to be the worst of the powercreep victims.