Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

I never heard Yamato guns before, WOW!!!

12 comments in this topic

Members
3,095 posts
12,104 battles

So, I was playing this game since day one on crappy laptop, lowest settings possible.  I never thought sound was important, I always focused on video.  Anyway, ordered Alienware desktop, the rest of system comes in tomorrow, but I got sound system today.  I decided to hook it up, just to see what the game sounds like, set sound to ultra high.  The system is Bose Companion 5, does not require any software or sound card upgrade.  So, I hooked everything up, and took Yamato out.  Holy Yamato, those guns rattle my windows, and the rest of sounds - WOW.  Boy, was I missing out.  Airplanes flying over deck rumble the floor, and those weather effects...  Also never knew the turrets make sounds when rotating.  Also incoming shells make amazing sounds on approach, I never heard that before.  I wonder what the graphics will look like on 25 inch gaming screen with ultra high settings - that remains to be seen.  Tomorrow.  I wonder.  Cant wait!

• Cool 3

Members
3,095 posts
12,104 battles
1 minute ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Dude. When you launch the game before you push play click on the gear setting and go to audio and click ultra sound. If you got this reaction from the normal sound quality you're probably going to cum lol.

I did set it to ultra high.  Surprisingly, setting sound to ultra high does not kill my laptop, but I never tried it with tiny laptop speakers before, because it would not make sense, or so I thought anyway.  Setting graphics settings to anything above low makes game completely unplayable.  Frame rates drop dramatically.

Members
2,151 posts
14,301 battles
23 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I did set it to ultra high.  Surprisingly, setting sound to ultra high does not kill my laptop, but I never tried it with tiny laptop speakers before, because it would not make sense, or so I thought anyway.  Setting graphics settings to anything above low makes game completely unplayable.  Frame rates drop dramatically.

Well, graphics and sound are sort of different sort of not. Although most (newer) graphics cards have sound chips built into them, sound doesnt effect you're conputer at all really for most part. In order for you're conputer to be affected enough to make it a lot slower from sound it woukd have to be like 10 or more years old? Besides then that wouldnt even play wows :/

but graphics yeh, thats a issue. For me anyways im having a large bottleneck in my sysytem right now only getting ~12FPS on low even though i have 32gb ram, 5 TB of disk space available, overclocked 970, liquid cooled AMD 8350 (which could be issue its really old)

Members
2,151 posts
14,301 battles
7 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Yamato guns sound like you're splitting the Earth in two, I love it.

Lol, always remember the first time i used ultra settings on yamato i had my PC plugged into TV and the TV was at all... well my mom screaming into the room asking what the [edited] i just blew up

Members
335 posts
6,385 battles
37 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Well, graphics and sound are sort of different sort of not. Although most (newer) graphics cards have sound chips built into them, sound doesnt effect you're conputer at all really for most part. In order for you're conputer to be affected enough to make it a lot slower from sound it woukd have to be like 10 or more years old? Besides then that wouldnt even play wows :/

but graphics yeh, thats a issue. For me anyways im having a large bottleneck in my sysytem right now only getting ~12FPS on low even though i have 32gb ram, 5 TB of disk space available, overclocked 970, liquid cooled AMD 8350 (which could be issue its really old)

I'm still using my pc I put together in 2008 with an i7 920 @ 2.67GHz.  Your 8350 is 4 years younger, it shouldn't really be an issue I don't think.  I'm currently on a GTX 950 for video, and it gives me around 60fps.  My GTX580 died a couple of weeks ago, darn thing was awesome, I had a little bit better fps with it which is strange.  I hope to get a 1080ti this year once the cryptocurrency craze dies down again.  Darn things are $1200 bucks now...

I want to get get newer speakers, mine are old and crappy.

Members
2,151 posts
14,301 battles
23 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

I'm still using my pc I put together in 2008 with an i7 920 @ 2.67GHz.  Your 8350 is 4 years younger, it shouldn't really be an issue I don't think.  I'm currently on a GTX 950 for video, and it gives me around 60fps.  My GTX580 died a couple of weeks ago, darn thing was awesome, I had a little bit better fps with it which is strange.  I hope to get a 1080ti this year once the cryptocurrency craze dies down again.  Darn things are $1200 bucks now...

I want to get get newer speakers, mine are old and crappy.

Lol a 580 damn 500's serious was awesome!  Three years ago had two 550's in sli and that ran Battlefield 4 on ultra. (Kinda why i had to get my 970 since they finally melted one day) but yeh. Gottttta upgrade that cpu, motherboard and ram if its that old. TBH 950's are crap. If you can get you hands on 990/1070/1080 that will probably set you for a while. 

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,818 posts
4,361 battles

I'm currently gaming with 7.1 digital surround sound headphones, and it's wonderful. I look forward to the day when I can afford a proper 7.1 surround sound system and actually make use of the HT Omega soundcard I have for the "earth-shattering kaboom".

[TBW]
Members
9,739 posts
16,517 battles

You will absolutely love it I am more than sure. Nice, now the neighbors will wonder what the explosions are coming from your house.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Sign in to follow this