Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Akeno017

How hard is it to listen??

8 comments in this topic

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

I thought WG would have learnt by now that forcing players to land obscene amount of torp hits for the game is absolute infuriating and completely retarded from doing Duke of York.
But apparently they haven't, and I increasingly feel pressured into attempting gameplay style that are toxic or unhealthy for the game, simply trying to complete this unbelievably hard missions.
Why 25 ship torpedoes for a BATTLESHIP mission, when these ships have zero ships in the entire line that utilize them, it makes no sense and feels like WG is attempting to coherce this unhealthy game style of forsaking the objective and game in order to land often just 1 torpedo hit.

Missions like these isolate out individuals who do not use this weapon in the slightest and continually drive those who try it to change their gameplay ultimately making the game from being enjoyable into a downright turd and I will never understand the need to gate missions like this with such specific, missions that force you to play a certain way or use a ship,  why do I have to free exp to a Shimakaze just to even have a chance to do this mission without it turning into some horrible stress producing grindfest of "Do I hit a torp or completely waste yet another 20minutes doing nothing but achieving complete rage at the horrid mission" of hitting maybe 1 torp even 10 battles, while doing nothing but making me want to play something else.

[YORHA]
Members
4,804 posts
9,483 battles

Your second paragraph contains the answer to you first.

It's not about getting you ready to play the BB line.  It is about encouraging you to try other lines (like DDs) that you may not be using now.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,589 posts
10,267 battles

What JCC45 said.

Just variety in utilizing different ship classes/types to achieve the mission.    And yes, if you don't play DD much, it could be tough.    While some missions might be out of my comfort zone, I could certainly use the practice.

About the only missions I'd shirk would be those that rely upon CV play.    That's a beast of a different color.

[POP]
Members
992 posts
13,772 battles

I have a Langley just for missions.

I really hope I don't have to get a Bogue if they continue with the Tier 5 requirements.

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Do these three run concurrently like the first three did?

I figured the motivation was to ultimately get you to spend money, somehow, someway. 

[KWF]
Members
4,047 posts
6,212 battles

Truth be told, its truly weird to get torp challenges for BB missions. On the other hand, I think 25 torp hits are not that hard to do. If I wasnt into DDs I would prolly pick a low tier cruiser  and wait till someone approaches to spam torps. Its a pretty silly playstyle choice that contributes nothing.

Sign in to follow this