Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

How Not to Get Chat Banned

15 comments in this topic

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles

I tend to see a lot of this in my games, I really don't know where people are seeing all this salt they keep complaining about.

[A-I-M]
Members
380 posts
1,165 battles

Or as I put it keep the louth shut I don't mind if a player calls a dead bad player out don't get me wrong, but there is a difference between calling someone out and being insulted over it. If you worry about chat bans and such as I always don't want the time don't do the crime, that simple if you don't want to get reported then don't sit there and violate the rules then that simple.

[APOC-]
Members
117 posts
4,740 battles

I just wish that there were forum bans so that people could not get publicly upset about the removal of a Captain/terrible actor.

But no seriously? Civility is nice. Hell if I make a mistake, I just as much own up to it as someone else should so. Its honestly not that hard to not sound like an A-hole. :)

Edited by MVPBluntman

[A-I-M]
Members
380 posts
1,165 battles
1 minute ago, Hatework said:

I tend to see a lot of this in my games, I really don't know where people are seeing all this salt they keep complaining about.

Most of the salt comes from the fact that they A lost a match and is angry due to the fact they got no teamwork to help theme and or, the fact they lost cause they didn't use there head and play the map itself properly resulting in a lose. That's been my most common seen salt cry.

[USRK]
Beta Testers
86 posts
2,303 battles

Some people report people regardless if they actually said anything so the automated system hurts them. It's rare but it happens.

[W_ZBR]
Members
272 posts
6,431 battles

I am sometimes guilty of calling people out due to frustration but the game is usually well over by the time it gets to that. I have been trying to take a minute to reflect before saying anything deconstructive and instead coach those people that might not see what they are doing wrong not doing to help the team win. I am trying and I hope others will do the same for me. tearing people down when things are already bad doesn't help anyone.

[O_O]
Members
6,213 posts
14,351 battles

I have toned down my sharing of my in-game frustrations, although I was never overly bad about it.  No other player is me, so no other player will play as I would have (well, the really good ones might :Smile_teethhappy:).

I will still call out a player who is derp'ing off to potato land during a game and hurting the team, but I do it by pinging the map, asking where he is going, or asking for assistance (either for me or for someone else).  I very, very rarely make it personal or belittle anyone (in extremely rare cases my temper may flare beyond my capability to contain it, but even then the comment is pretty tame).  I have gotten into a few arguments with team mates, and some of THEM have gotten insulting...but I refuse to go there.  Hell, I'm 48 years old, I don't need to be hammering insults into the internet via a keyboard against 19 yr olds.

So far it has worked well for me.  Zero chat bans since I started at the beginning of Open Beta.  I apparently haven't pissed off the wrong division of juveniles, yet.

Edited by desmo_2

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles
50 minutes ago, Hatework said:

I am with you on that one, if you open up the game with a "glhf all <0" you are 8/10 times likely to get some kind of "u2" or "thanks man you too, glhf" from your team or the enemy team. The player base isn't as bad as people say it is, just the salty ones make a lot of noise XD

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

When I get salt, I usually type something like "still learning" or "only around 500 battles, trying".  Even most salty people lighten up a bit at that point...not that I give a rat's a$$ if they do or not. It's funny though, you can see it makes some people feel guilty for being a jerk, lol. 

[70]
Members
1,212 posts
6,662 battles

More importantly, do not use in chat a certain 3-letter abbreviation for japan, japanese, etc. because WG apparently considers it a racial slur because it was used in anti-Japanese propaganda of the day. It isn't an automatic warning either though, as I only get notified I got a strike the next day.

I suppose by their "logic" you can't talk about Attila the Hun, Jerry cans or the Fritz X guided bomb, as "Hun", "Jerry" and "Fritz" were all racial titles for Germans.

Edited by Guardian54

Members
224 posts
2,716 battles

Any rhetorical abusive question, in game, sent to me is answered with....."Shhhh adults are playing."

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NGA-A]
Members
76 posts
7,066 battles
3 hours ago, Hatework said:

All you have to do is make a stupid move or a mistake or something someone finds idiotic and the salt will flow!  No, it does not happen often, but when it erupts into name calling or insults, it gets ugly quick.  

1 hour ago, Trubil said:

Any rhetorical abusive question, in game, sent to me is answered with....."Shhhh adults are playing."

And if you don't mind @Trubil I am going to use this.  Love it!

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles
3 hours ago, Hatework said:

Let's be 100% honest.  Most of the salt is directed at terrible gameplay from terrible players.  Your stats indicate you know what you're doing and you are a more than competent captain.  You are not going to have a lot of salt directed at you and people, by nature, remember things that happen to them more than they remember what they see happening to other people.

• Cool 2

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles
36 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Let's be 100% honest.  Most of the salt is directed at terrible gameplay from terrible players.  Your stats indicate you know what you're doing and you are a more than competent captain.  You are not going to have a lot of salt directed at you and people, by nature, remember things that happen to them more than they remember what they see happening to other people.

That is actually a great point, and one I had never even considered.

Sign in to follow this