Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hyuuu

AFK botes in PTE servers to farm wins for French BB missions?

7 comments in this topic

Members
94 posts
11,359 battles

I feel like in this public test 0.7.2, there has been a consistent number of (purposely?) afk ships on either sides of a team.

Since wins matter if you're trying to test out the Richelieu and Lyon, it seems like some people are just gambling on the team carrying them a free win while they purposely join matches and afk on them.

If the team loses, they have nothing to lose in stats since it's just a temporary test account.

Is it just me, or has this been an issue and do you think it is an issue that needs attention? 

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
795 posts
2,039 battles

Id normally say yes... but given that:

A. Its the test server.

and

B. Win requirements are stupid on the test server.

I dont really think anything should be done about it.

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

It is the test server man... there are the content creators and other users who really care about the content and try and make the servers productive, and then you have the other side which are just a bunch of people trying to test out tier 10 ships that they can't grind to on the public servers because they do not care enough to put in the time or effort.

I think it is fine, just maybe annoying at times.

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles

Wait, so joining a match and doing nothing is more likely to get you the win over actually participating in said match and actively sinking the enemy ships? :cap_wander:

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
795 posts
2,039 battles
1 minute ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

Wait, so joining a match and doing nothing is more likely to get you the win over actually participating in said match and actively sinking the enemy ships? :cap_wander:

Throw enough crud at the walls and somethings gonna stick. Its not more likely... but it is easier.

[NSC]
Members
267 posts
7,292 battles
12 minutes ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

It would seem by the quality of play on the live server in random battles over the last few days.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

I doesn't seem to be that much different than past PT that I've done.  AFKs have always been more common on PT in my experience.  Especially when it first comes out.

Sign in to follow this