Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WickedRecluse

Musashi vs Missouri. If you could only have one.

58 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,953
[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,400 posts
4,784 battles

I picked Missouri.  It is unlikely I will ever be able to afford Musashi.

 

As to why, money, speed, versatility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CMFRT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
795 posts
2,039 battles

Missouri. It has radar and prints money.

 

Though I'll eventually get Musashi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
58 posts
15,512 battles

I have them both, so I do not have to make this decision! But, with the MO, unless you are horrible player her, you will never be broke. Played a match tonight and cashed in 300K in credits on a standard account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277
[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles

Missouri prints a lot of money

Musashi will punish tier 7’s if she get the right MM

Tip: get Missouri first before she leaves and use the right flags for printing FXP to get Musashi if you are a collector or if you want a ship with the biggest guns ever put on a warship. They are both great ships ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277
[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles
Just now, Cruiser_Fiume said:

I have a Yamato - it isn't any fun to play. Not sure why I would want another.

Then you are playing her wrong :fish_palm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277
[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

No, I'm really not. Slow turret traverse and crap AA is not a siren song for everyone. 

You can buff the AA really well but hoe many times do you see carriers in high tier games with a Yamato? I don’t see them a lot. If I’m seeing them they are mostly tier 8 carriers. Sometimes I ask teammates in AA Cruisers if they can provide me for AA cover and I will provide them from gunfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,748
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I'd rather have the Musashi to be honest... I already have an Iowa and to be honest... I'm not actually a fan of the gameplay at that tier...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,273
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,781 posts
7 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I'd rather have the Musashi to be honest... I already have an Iowa and to be honest... I'm not actually a fan of the gameplay at that tier...

I'd rather have the Big Mo and I'm working on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277
[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles
16 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I'd rather have the Musashi to be honest... I already have an Iowa and to be honest... I'm not actually a fan of the gameplay at that tier...

I have Iowa, Missouri, Musashi and Yamato and I like them all ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,566
[REVY]
Members
6,456 posts
5,168 battles
41 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

hoe many times do you see carriers in high tier games with a Yamato?

Enough.  Combined with all the games where my team fails to take a single cap and I might as well sell the Yamato, since trying to milk any fun out of it requires tremendous patience, and I have to bleed out credits and flags in order to wait it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I'll eventually get Musashi... and Yamato. But if I could only have 1 I'd pick Missouri. 

While I've only had 1 career 1mil credit game at this point. The fact that her earnings are decent regardless of performance makes her number #1 in my books. 

Having recently unlocked my first T10, I managed Negative Earnings with a Top3 finish on a Win.. With premium Time active, signals/flags, and camo. Sure I could have fired guns less, or attempted Torpedoes less, all to decrease service costs. But I wouldn't have landed in the top3. 

Mo allows me to play my T10 every other match without having to overly worry about Credits. As long as I play her every few games, I should gave have "grinded" a decent amount of credits to play my T10 and future T10s with ease of mind knowing IF I'm -60k credits after a match; Mo is +70k and change. 

My vote: Missouri 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,273
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,781 posts
26 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

I'll eventually get Musashi... and Yamato. But if I could only have 1 I'd pick Missouri. 

While I've only had 1 career 1mil credit game at this point. The fact that her earnings are decent regardless of performance makes her number #1 in my books. 

Having recently unlocked my first T10, I managed Negative Earnings with a Top3 finish on a Win.. With premium Time active, signals/flags, and camo. Sure I could have fired guns less, or attempted Torpedoes less, all to decrease service costs. But I wouldn't have landed in the top3. 

Mo allows me to play my T10 every other match without having to overly worry about Credits. As long as I play her every few games, I should gave have "grinded" a decent amount of credits to play my T10 and future T10s with ease of mind knowing IF I'm -60k credits after a match; Mo is +70k and change. 

My vote: Missouri 

Yup me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
113 posts
11,366 battles

The Missouri is a more flexible ship, with better AA, speed, and accuracy. Radar lets her counter DDs in a way, which is good. (And a little OP) with the added bonus of carrying a mint onboard, she's the only premium you'll ever need.

The Musashi has the hit points, armor, and overmatch going for her, but is essentialy a gimped Yamato, which is known for slow gameplay and adapting poorly to changing circumstances.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles
1 hour ago, Ivlerlin said:

I'll eventually get Musashi... and Yamato. But if I could only have 1 I'd pick Missouri. 

While I've only had 1 career 1mil credit game at this point. The fact that her earnings are decent regardless of performance makes her number #1 in my books. 

Having recently unlocked my first T10, I managed Negative Earnings with a Top3 finish on a Win.. With premium Time active, signals/flags, and camo. Sure I could have fired guns less, or attempted Torpedoes less, all to decrease service costs. But I wouldn't have landed in the top3. 

Mo allows me to play my T10 every other match without having to overly worry about Credits. As long as I play her every few games, I should gave have "grinded" a decent amount of credits to play my T10 and future T10s with ease of mind knowing IF I'm -60k credits after a match; Mo is +70k and change. 

My vote: Missouri 

Sorry but this is not possible unless you are playing COOP. If you really got top 3 on a win and you had premium camo and a premium account there is no way you would be losing money.

And the service cost is fixed so shooting more does not change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,127
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,399 posts
17,609 battles

Unpopular opinion: I dislike the Iowa class play style and hated my time playtesting Missouri when it was in supertesting. Musashi is great fun and I adore her. She's almost as good as Yamato, but makes Altanta's and Belfast's disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
32 minutes ago, KyourakuShunsui said:

Sorry but this is not possible unless you are playing COOP. If you really got top 3 on a win and you had premium camo and a premium account there is no way you would be losing money.

And the service cost is fixed so shooting more does not change that.

Can't recall what the cost per shell is but Torpedoes are something like 2k per Torpedo if not more. Forgot to mention in said example I was also sunk, so there's repair cost for the ship. Also I had A Camo, not Premium Camo; I did have Premium Time active though. 

Anyways, it's not always an assured thing to be able to run ALL the -cost and +credits on all your ships. Sometimes you need to run things that benefit other "earnings" like FExp or ECxp with an Lv19 cmdr. And sometimes you've got non left in stock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
113 posts
11,366 battles
56 minutes ago, Lert said:

Unpopular opinion: I dislike the Iowa class play style and hated my time playtesting Missouri when it was in supertesting. Musashi is great fun and I adore her. She's almost as good as Yamato, but makes Altanta's and Belfast's disappear.

To each their own. I like the Missouri, but rather despise the Iowa. I did get the Mo first, which may have changed my opinion.

 The Musashi is by no means a weak ship, but aside from the overmatch potental, I don't think she does anything much better than a Missouri. The HP, I suppose, but that is offset by concealment in my opinion. There's a lot less impetus to push in a Yamato/Musashi with the poor handling and turret traverse, so they definitely reward thinking ahead and methodical game play.

Of course, tier IX BBs are either good or hot trash on burning garbage, so competition isn't exactly fierce. 

Edited by MrSharkswith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,127
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,399 posts
17,609 battles
53 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

Forgot to mention in said example I was also sunk, so there's repair cost for the ship.

Sinking or not hasn't mattered for repair cost for ages now. There's a flat service fee, which doesn't change whether you sink or take no damage.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,707
[O_O]
Members
6,228 posts
14,412 battles

Missouri.

Sure, it is a nice silver earner, and because 'Murica.

But, I am a Missouri native.  I am proud of USS Missouri's history, and when I found out she was being introduced in the game, there was NO WAY I wasn't getting her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×