You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Your 'oh crap' moments

23 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,526 posts
7,490 battles

Just had a personal 'oh crap' moment happen to me: 

The Moment where my game crashed  and I was in front of a moskva, in an IJN DD no less. 

Needless to say by time I had gotten back in I was dead. 

What's a few of your 'oh crap' moments captains? 

0 posts

Whenever I sail a little too close to enemy battleships and have to give broadside to turn away.

• Meh 1

[RMN]
Members
146 posts
3,857 battles

Pushing a side in Hood, dueling an enemy battleship in binoculars, then zooming out and seeing that my other teammates are dead, or have retreated, and I'm now alone on that side of the map...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I sailed around a corner in my Harekaze and an Edinburge and a a Cleveland were sitting there, less than 2.5km away, waiting for me... I shat myself and then killed the Edin with a torp spread and chased off the Cleveland after hitting him with a single torp... and lost 90% of my hp for the trouble... =w=

• Cool 1

Members
691 posts
1,189 battles

When I'm pushing a base in my BB blazing away with my guns to realize too late that my team left me to fight a third of the team alone. But that's alright because that just means more glory for me. Live fast, die young. VALHALLA AWAITS!!!:fish_viking::cap_viking::Smile_izmena:

• Funny 1

Members
691 posts
1,189 battles
1 hour ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Whenever I sail a little too close to enemy battleships and have to give broadside to turn away.

At that point it's ramming speed for me. Especially if they're a couple tiers higher. I'll gladly take them to Hell with me.

0 posts
1 minute ago, Freddie_Creamer said:

At that point it's ramming speed for me. Especially if they're a couple tiers higher. I'll gladly take them to Hell with me.

I should probably do that as well. It would be more exciting at least.

[RBMK]
Members
251 posts
19,082 battles

When I forget to swap back my ship loadout from KoTS back to randoms.

That feeling when you have AFT instead of SE on DM

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles

Back in the days when the Kitakami was out… division of 3 who could spam masses of torpsoup.. Sailing around in my NC... That was not a fun time to play a BB >.<

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,723 posts

Oh! I've got one~! This was from last year, I was one of the first dozen or so to be interdicted and hadn't yet heard the news it was happening

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,454 posts
5,168 battles

A French playthrough in HOI4 changed history...for the worse.

dJ7ctp3.jpg

[SYN]
Members
27,071 posts
15,629 battles

When you're minding your own business in a BB and and enemy DD gets spotted at 5.7km off to your bow with engine boost on charging you and your main guns won't be loaded in the next 20 seconds.

[TNG]
Members
94 posts
11,359 battles

Top ten moments taken before disaster

It was at this point, he knew he foked up

27398235_10213589866533740_1394643638_o.png?oh=fc6b25e95afd7b1960c8e1b3bd671434&oe=5A8914B5

Context: The first few minutes of a match, spotted by an unseen destroyer and realized I moved a bit too close to the caps with none of the main enemy ships spotted yet. 

Edited by hyuuu

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

My most recent one was a game I had a week or so ago.  I'd gone to D on North in my Perth in a T8 game  The enemy had push through C south to north, taken it and an NC tried to push the little channel into D.  I shanked him with single shot torps and was feeling pretty good about myself.  I thought that the south side was going to be clear.  I was wrong.  I sailed south along the coast, hoping to get around their flank, and a Fiji lit up at 4km like a christmas tree coming around the end of the island.  Torps were still down from the NC.

I had about zero interest in getting into a point blank knife fight with a Fiji while using a Perth with no torps.  The pucker factor was pretty high.  I mananged to get enough angle to survive the fight and ended up 3 salvoing him since he gave me nice, flat broadsides to shoot at but when he lit up at that close of range, my butt definitely clinched.

• Funny 1

Members
4,083 posts
4,347 battles

One time my game crashed while playing the ARP Kongo. When I return I find myself bow tanking 5 people on the enemy team. Still managed to survive the battle. :cap_cool:

Another time its the end of the game, my Perth only has 100hp, I've just came out of using my repair after ramming an enemy DD, my team is leading in points and its a 2v2. Perth & Perth vs Kongo & Ryujo. I'm broadside to the Kongo against landmass. The carrier is about to send their planes near me, but thanks to the other Perth getting closer and engaging the Kongo, i'm spared and we won the game. 

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
On 16/02/2018 at 6:42 AM, Sinboto said:

Just had a personal 'oh crap' moment happen to me: 

The Moment where my game crashed  and I was in front of a moskva, in an IJN DD no less. 

Needless to say by time I had gotten back in I was dead. 

What's a few of your 'oh crap' moments captains? 

Anytime i'm watching stunt play a cruiser and a BB salvo lands all around/on his cruiser/s i wince.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,128 battles
On 2/16/2018 at 3:19 AM, Freddie_Creamer said:

When I'm pushing a base in my BB blazing away with my guns to realize too late that my team left me to fight a third of the team alone. But that's alright because that just means more glory for me. Live fast, die young. VALHALLA AWAITS!!!:fish_viking::cap_viking::Smile_izmena:

LOL...Ya try that in a DD, Your BB might make it 3 whole minutes and maybe score a kill, I'm lucky to make 30 seconds with " No battle contribution":Smile_facepalm:

Edited by DarkStormy
added BB

[CASUL]
Members
256 posts
3,751 battles

Patting yourself on the back while in a BB for just barely WASD hacking an enemy's 8 torp spead...and then seeing your idiot DD's 8 torp spread heading full speed straight for your broadside. :cap_old:

• Funny 1