You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

No tier VIII operations?

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

Just wondering. I really like operations, I find them to be more fun than randoms but feels kinda limiting to be only tier 6 or 7. Why aren't there tier 8 operations?

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,844 posts
42,343 battles

Hopefully in the future.

We also need a couple more tier 7 operations.

Then have individual cycles for each operation tier so that there is always a tier 6 and tier 7 operation running.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,930 posts
8,460 battles

Operations Hermes in the PTS allows you to use the Tier 8 Richelieu along with tier 7s

So it's slowly getting there

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,827 posts
4,361 battles

The new Operation currently on the PTS does allow a T8, though it's restricted to Richelieu (enhancing the Operation flavor by restricting it to specific nationalities and ship types). Assuming it does pass through PTS to live, Richelieu will be the only T8 permitted, and the first T8 to participate in an Operation. As I said in another thread, this is actually a good thing.

With regular Operations, WG has to tier-restrict them, but they allow any nation to participate in order to keep the participation pool open enough. With "flavored" or "themed" Operations, WG can now expand the tiering some, but restrict it by nationality/ship type. And these thematic Operations could be matched to similar historic Naval moments by having players likely take the role of the underdog in the fight, using similar analogues to actual participating ships and seeing if we can rewrite history (more than it is already in-game, at any rate).

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Honestly, I feel we need operations for every tier from 2 to 9. So many historical and fun ships, with so many historical battles and missions to make base them off of... it'd be a waste to not do them!

I also think the missions need to be rotated on an hourly basis... not a weekly one... keeps them from getting too stale and driving players away sooner...

Edited by Kitsunelegend

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,827 posts
4,361 battles
22 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I also think the missions need to be rotated on an hourly basis... not a weekly one... keeps them from getting too stale and driving players away sooner...

I disagree. Daily rotation at most, and only if there is no new "Featured Operation" available for a week. Simply because there are some Ops players like simply for easy grinding (Narai being one), so having a full 24 hours of availability at least gives everyone a shot at it until they tire of it, with a new one loaded up on reset. Keeps it fresh enough, allows ready access to the first-time rewards for new and current players getting into Operations, but doesn't require players to constantly reorient themselves every hour to the next Operation and only have enough time for one or two runs (usually 2 given each one can run 20-30 min depending on objectives and timers).

Members
601 posts
7,214 battles

I would like to see higher tier options as well, either increase the number of enemy ships or raise their tier a few notches.

Supertester
442 posts
10,903 battles

Yeah, all tiers should get some operations, save for tier 1 and maybe 10. And as we get more and more operations, a daily rotation is looking like a good idea. We currently have 6 operations ,soon to be 7, so the time to replay an operation of the week once it's gonne is reaching 1 month and a half, which is pretty annoying.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,930 posts
8,460 battles

Would love a tier 9 ops so that I can bring the Yamato I mean Musashi out to nuke any ship in sight.

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
6 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Just wondering. I really like operations, I find them to be more fun than randoms but feels kinda limiting to be only tier 6 or 7. Why aren't there tier 8 operations?

I would like to see this as well. And here is some other ideas I had.

1) Scenario Star Reset – Once a quarter (or yearly) reset all player’s star totals so we can gain the rewards awards, signal flags, Captains, etc. again. Yes, I know this is asking a lot and will most likely draw a lot of heat.  And Wargaming, you wouldn't even have to make it the full reward. We replay more often if we could pick up a few nice flags or camos.

2) Add scenarios for lower tiers – tiers 2 and up or at the very least tier 4 up, there are a lot of early naval battles (like the Battle of Manila Bay, Battle of Jutland, etc.) that could be used as base ideas for these earlier tier scenarios.

3) The Bots – Change up the ship types, like with Operation Raptor Rescue and the Kongo at the end of it, maybe make it any tier 5 BB? So, we the players have change our tactics on the fly more.

4) Please bring back the -1 tiers, for the scenarios I think it was removed because many players where saying that the lower tier ships were causing teams to lose, but even with the team tiers the same I still see teams fail for various reasons.  

5) Maps – change up the maps, add small changes to each of the base scenario maps – remove, move, add islands, etc. for each of the scenarios, say two to four maps for each scenario. Then every time you play one of these random maps would come up for the scenario.

6) Have more scenarios up a week – I would like to see two weekly scenarios, I know right now this would not make much sense due of the number of scenarios we have right now. But maybe later as Wargaming adds more scenarios. Sometimes it is hard finding division teammates during the workweek, school time hours, and during the early hours of the morning to do the ones that are not weekly.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
113 posts
11,366 battles

Could we get a survival mode, too? Pick your tier, and see how long you can last against waves and waves of bots. Add repair boats or consumable resuplies, too.

In general, we need more Operations, for sure! Or for the Hard Mode ops to become availiable.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

Tier 8 ops would be great.  I enjoyed this last season of ranked quite a bit- it was great being able to play my tier 8's and not get stuck in tier 10 matches all the time.

Narai is easily my favorite op.  I'd like to see them do more along those lines.   

I also agree that the ops should be rotated more frequently- daily would be perfect.   There are some ops I have yet to try, simply because they've never been available when I wanted to play ops.   I got VERY sick of Newport, and that one seems to be the weekly op most times I go there- which leads to me not bothering with ops much of the time.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles

Bring back the 8v16 PvE test as an operation. So you would have 7 players, to keep inline with the other OPs and you would face 14(+) bots in a standard or domination battle. So like PvE, but with more bots. It would be something to change up the OPs flavor and should not require a lot of work to implement.

• Cool 1