Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
EJ_TANK

Clan Wars Map thoughts

3 comments in this topic

[DALE]
Members
46 posts
9,426 battles

I did a search for this topic and didnt come up with anything, so I guess i'll just throw this out. When this season of "clan wars" started, i was wondering where a campaign or global map has been. (I've been away from the game for about 5 or so months) I would have thought that by now, since the game has been out for 3 years now i think, that this would have been addressed a long time ago. Is there a reason for this? So while i was thinking about it, I wondered what a global map would look like, and had a few thoughts. I would use comparisons to the European map in Tanks. (before they moved they map to North America) Break the oceans into sections, like in WoT and place different doubloon values on them. If the ocean location is in the path of a lucrative and prosperous trade rout (in the real world at the times the game covers) then they have a higher payout. If your clan controls major trade and construction ports, possibly canal sites, they would pay out the most. and for the oceans with little to no traffic i.e. the seas above Antarctica, or something of equal uselessness, then that turf would be akin to Africa from WoT, used for newer and less competitive clans. What do you guys think of this?

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
32 minutes ago, EJ_TANK said:

I did a search for this topic and didnt come up with anything, so I guess i'll just throw this out. When this season of "clan wars" started, i was wondering where a campaign or global map has been. (I've been away from the game for about 5 or so months) I would have thought that by now, since the game has been out for 3 years now i think, that this would have been addressed a long time ago. Is there a reason for this? So while i was thinking about it, I wondered what a global map would look like, and had a few thoughts. I would use comparisons to the European map in Tanks. (before they moved they map to North America) Break the oceans into sections, like in WoT and place different doubloon values on them. If the ocean location is in the path of a lucrative and prosperous trade rout (in the real world at the times the game covers) then they have a higher payout. If your clan controls major trade and construction ports, possibly canal sites, they would pay out the most. and for the oceans with little to no traffic i.e. the seas above Antarctica, or something of equal uselessness, then that turf would be akin to Africa from WoT, used for newer and less competitive clans. What do you guys think of this?

EJ, clan battles are more like WoT's stronghold battles, at least as I remember them.  There are no territory based Clan  WARS, at least not yet.

As for how it would look, it's an interesting question.  There really is not that much valuable "territory" at sea.    The area near ports.  Perhaps some critical straits.

OTOH, perhaps a territorial CWs for WoWS could be based strictly on ports, with the idea being to  control the ports, though the battles themselves would be out at sea, given the nature of the existing maps.

Sign in to follow this