Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

Blyskawica IFHE

10 comments in this topic

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Folks, is IFHE worth investing in on Blys? Her guns shooting HE do some pretty decent damage though fire starting even with DE aint anything to crow about. Would IFHE help any?

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

Well, it lets you pen 25mm of armor instead of 19.

The above comment has my recommendation.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

Folks, is IFHE worth investing in on Blys? Her guns shooting HE do some pretty decent damage though fire starting even with DE aint anything to crow about. Would IFHE help any?

Blys' 8% base firestarting rate is very good for a DD, let alone the 10% with DE attached.  IFHE wouldn't really hurt, given you're only losing 1% fire chance...but there are just so many other good captain skills to spend those 4 points on with this ship. 

[LHG]
Members
1,446 posts
5,805 battles

Think about it: are you really going to rely on the ~300 HE damage per shell to deal the most of the damage against cruisers and battleships? If I'm going to be shooting a target for that long, I'd rather have set multiple fires that the enemy can't control and then move on to a new target instead of continuing to pummel just one target.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Thanks folks! I'll pass on IFHE then. 'Sides, I'm doing pretty good without it.

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
411 posts
6,439 battles

I tried it out over the past week and I'm sticking with it. I found it gave me pretty consistent damage against BBs and CAs without a noticeable drop in the number of fires being set.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
12 hours ago, Noble_Taipan said:

I tried it out over the past week and I'm sticking with it. I found it gave me pretty consistent damage against BBs and CAs without a noticeable drop in the number of fires being set.

Again, it's not that I think IFHE would hurt the ship, it's just that there are so many other useful skills you can take with those 4 points & Blys still plays very well with standard HE.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,533 battles
On 2/15/2018 at 6:23 PM, ReddNekk said:

I'm all about guns and doing alpha damage. It's a gun boat so buff the guns. Let the IJN have there CE. IFHE inverts your ratio of shatters to pens on BB's plus you still have a balls out fir chance if you take DE.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

I think the points would be better spent in other skills like AR, BFT, or AFT. Her one bad weakness is her slow rate of fire. BFT would help out tremendously and AR will give you a nice bonus when you taking damage. Her guns shoot so flat that she can take advantage of the extra range from AFT also.

Edited by SavageTactical

Sign in to follow this