You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

The Most-liked Ship

23 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

By the total number of battles played, the most-liked ship in WOWS (NA) is the Cleveland. I am not surprised at this, it's my favorite ship too. The Cleveland just looks like a warship. Even though it has no torpedoes, there is just something about it that fits my play style. I love taking it into Operations, where I oftentimes rake in 2000 XP and over 200,000 credits a match.

Cleveland 6 CA/CL  USA 8,615,569 50.42% 28,042 897 1.0 0.7 2.3 29% -25% 0%

Edited by Snargfargle

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,595 posts
13,494 battles

Last two weeks it's Missouri. By a good amount too.

Bismarck's a close third with that filter too.

I dunno if you can say "most played" = "most liked" though. The correlation should be strong, but there's stuff like the Pepsi on page three, and I'm pretty sure it's not on page three of "most liked".

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
9 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Last two weeks it's Missouri. By a good amount too.

That's because it's going to be unavailable in the future so everyone was hurrying to get it.

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,312 battles

Cleveland isn't a bad ship at all, though getting used to her floaty shells at long range can be a bit frustrating at times. Personally, among the cruisers, my favorite is the Kirov.  Overall however, the Big W (Wyoming) is my favorite ship. 

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

At some point Missouri will probably be my most played ship. It allows me decent credits for when I under perform in my Zao and probably future T10s. 

Pretty much every battle I sink early I immediately queue up in Mo unless I decide to watch out the rest of the match. 

The ship I love the most is probably Atago / Takao she's probably the most "complete" CA in the game. After them I'd say Warspite, then Yubari. Both are reminders of my early days of playing. And regardless of performance in them I always enjoy the matches. 

If we're talking non-premiums then Mogami, Cleveland, and Tenryu. Leander will probably replace Cleveland once she moves up as favorite mid-Tiered ship. And as much as I love St. Louis for lower Tiers a Tenryu can potentially seal club better with a 10pt CMDR or higher... because Torpedoes. 

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
11 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Cleveland isn't a bad ship at all, though getting used to her floaty shells at long range can be a bit frustrating at times. Personally, among the cruisers, my favorite is the Kirov.  Overall however, the Big W (Wyoming) is my favorite ship. 

After buying the Aigle and playing that a bit over the last few days, the Cleveland feels like a laser pointer.  

The Cleveland is an Easy Button for the Weekly Missions and we've had 2 weeks in a row of tier 6.  And, I've seen 2-4 in each game so I'm not shocked at all.  I don't think I play it outside of those missions...

[JASH]
Members
3,781 posts
12,425 battles

Most liked and most played are two different things to me.

My most liked are Fletcher and Ognevoi. 

My three most played ships of all time, so far, are Tirpitz, followed by North Carolina and Scharhorst. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,347 posts
13,879 battles

Then on the flip side you have the garbage scow called the Izumo, what a piece of work. Slow and ponderous with hard hitting but inaccurate as hell guns and It burns like a funeral pyre if you look at it sideways.

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
8,750 battles

Aside from numbers, tier 1-5, Giulio Cesare takes my favorite. Tier 6-10, it’s a toss up between Des Moines and Roma. 

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,667 battles

Over 12,000 battles here and I have just about every ship in the game.   When I list my favorites its by how much fun they are to play and not power play.   Basically my preference in this order

1. Atlanta - Flint
  2. Scharnhorst
  3. Akizuki/Kidd
  4. Perth (until the smoke nerf made her unplayable)
  5. Minotaur

Honorable Mentions for Dunkerque, Tirpitz/Bismark, Fujin, Błyskawica, Shinonome, Belfast --  Great ships fun to play offer some unique variations to the game

dark.png

Edited by deresistance

Beta Testers
297 posts
13,547 battles

USS Marblehead. Hands down it's my go to ship when I'm outta beer, the wife yells i'm playing 2 much, the baby is stinky, the bacon spoiled & I have to work overtime, we are out of toilet paper,,again,,,,,  USS Marble,, take me away with your 360' pew pew awesomeness (gotta like 8.2 KM torps too).

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,272 posts
18,453 battles

I love both Cleveland and Budyonny, despite they're having different styles of play both are just fun. Any of the Kami sisters are fun and easy any time I want to sling some torpedus. But my go to ship for pure joy is Yubari, which was my very first ship and I'll never get rid of her; she's so totally under-rated by most players I run up against, at least the first time, LOL! And RNGeezus help the CV Captain who has never seen one!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
23 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I love both Cleveland and Budyonny, despite they're having different styles of play both are just fun. Any of the Kami sisters are fun and easy any time I want to sling some torpedus. But my go to ship for pure joy is Yubari, which was my very first ship and I'll never get rid of her; she's so totally under-rated by most players I run up against, at least the first time, LOL! And RNGeezus help the CV Captain who has never seen one!

Yubari-chan is love..

Members
2,842 posts
8,742 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

By the total number of battles played, the most-liked ship in WOWS (NA) is the Cleveland. I am not surprised at this, it's my favorite ship too. The Cleveland just looks like a warship. Even though it has no torpedoes, there is just something about it that fits my play style. I love taking it into Operations, where I oftentimes rake in 2000 XP and over 200,000 credits a match.

Cleveland 6 CA/CL  USA 8,615,569 50.42% 28,042 897 1.0 0.7 2.3 29% -25% 0%

Captain Ghostdog  and crew love the Cleveland. One of the BB DogPound's favorite. Very tasty ship. You guys keep sailing a tier 6 cruiser with no torps at me ok. Use Clevelands to train up the young pup crews.

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwHaHu&pid

Members
2,842 posts
8,742 battles

Favorite ships to play for me.

1Texas- Because I'm from Houston and have visited her over 25 times in my life. Also worked on her as a volunteer.

2 Kongo- Just love this boat. Even when I suck in it I hit something.

3 Cesare- If this ship was a woman I'd contemplate leaving my wife,

0 posts

Not really a fan of Cleveland's looks but I love that AA. That, and the fact that she's a little harder to citadel than the other tier 6 cruisers I've played.

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors
939 posts
11,732 battles

The Cleveland is an excellent ship for its tier. Its AA suite is also deadly for those CV captains that try and take it on early.

I still enjoy getting the clear sky in her, or burning BBs to the ground.

But all time favourite ship, the RN CL line from T7, Fiji and then the rest of that line!