You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

It's Funny(Strange Not Ha Ha) How I've Seen people in Game after Game Claim They're Chosen Class Is the Best

12 comments in this topic

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

Its the smart ones that say "I never play battleships because they suck.  Buff them please"

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

problem with BB is that they have low ceiling with rather low floor too.     I'd rather play somethng that have higher ceiling to carry the team to win.    BB  is designed for masses of WG and it can stay that way.  

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,774 posts
1 minute ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

Uh...

giphy.gif

I think you're confused on a number of levels. This is not World of Warcraft. 'Class' doesn't mean the same thing it does in other games.

BB class of ship, CA class of ship,CL  sub class of ship,DD class of ship,CV  class of ship(And BTW never played WoW played Diablo 1-2-3,PoE and various strategy games and shooter's)And this is exactly what I see happening here all the player's of the different classes saying this is OP or that's OP and nerf or remove it from the game

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,595 posts
13,501 battles

I'm a BBaby and proud of it!

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,799 posts
14,728 battles

In before it out

:Smile_popcorn:

would love to specify which class but hold back for the up coming Corgi event

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
157 posts
6,037 battles
10 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

BB class of ship, CA class of ship,CL  sub class of ship,DD class of ship,CV  class of ship(And BTW never played WoW played Diablo 1-2-3,PoE and various strategy games and shooter's)And this is exactly what I see happening here all the player's of the different classes saying this is OP or that's OP and nerf or remove it from the game

Iowa CLASS fast battleship Takao CLASS of armoured cruiser - A destroyer is a TYPE of ship a CV is a TYPE of ship. When talking about ships a class has a specific meaning, I know what you mean but I thinks its better to be precise so readers don't get confused as many of the forumites are naval enthusiasts and class and type have specific meanings

• Cool 1

Members
6,037 posts
7,048 battles
21 minutes ago, Aratnomis said:

Iowa CLASS fast battleship Takao CLASS of armoured cruiser - A destroyer is a TYPE of ship a CV is a TYPE of ship. When talking about ships a class has a specific meaning, I know what you mean but I thinks its better to be precise so readers don't get confused as many of the forumites are naval enthusiasts and class and type have specific meanings

But this is a video game first and foremost, so video game terminology is going to be the predominant terminology used to describe stuff about the game. For all intents and purposes, class is being used as a generalization for the different ship groupings, BB, CV, CA(CL), and DD. Those 4 groups are different enough from each other that they can be categorized into classes. Each individual group of ships contains minor differences within them that they don't warrant a sub-categorization(except for cruisers, mostly), especially in comparison to the other 3 groups. It's a generalizing term that's easy to understand for the most amount of players.

Another thing re-enforcing this is that there are very few instances of a real life 'class' of ships existing with more than one representative in the game. Ships were categorized in 'classes' because there was more than one of each built, and each ship-class had differences/improvements/modernizations compared to their predecessors. But in this game, for the most part, only one ship of each ship-class exists. Outside of a few exceptions like Gneisenau/Scharnhorst, Yamato/Musashi, Hipper/Eugen, KGV/DoY, Fletcher/Kidd, etc. etc., each ship at each tier is unique(as in, not a copy of a ship in a higher/lower tier), but similar enough to themselves as you go from T1 to T10 that you can group the whole line(s) together into one category.

I get where you all that argue this stuff come from, but I honestly think that this is a case where most are keeping it simple and generalized so the most people understand what they are saying. You can't honestly say that when you see someone refer to a cruiser or battleship or destroyer as a 'class' that you don't understand what they mean within the context of the game.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

BBs are the easiest ship type to play in the whole game.

CVs are prolly the hardest.

DDs and Cruisers are somewhere in between.

IMO, there isn't a "best".

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,774 posts
2 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

BBs are the easiest ship type to play in the whole game.

CVs are prolly the hardest.

DDs and Cruisers are somewhere in between.

IMO, there isn't a "best".

Well I'm glad there's at least one other  person saying this :Smile_coin:Now as to another of my pet peeve's,    There are really no OP Ship's just OP Player's that can turn even a Meh boat into a Gudboat boat because of their skill.     In my hand's a Kutuzov or Belfast would just be an OK  boat and I'm sure once I get my Des Moines I'll do a bit better than I did in my Pepsi,NO,Baltimore just because in someone else's hand's she K!ck's A$$  does not mean that she will for me.   Does that mean she should removed because someone else can do this no it does not and my case is made by the very fact other  people have these boat's and still play them all the time with out dominating the battle.........................................In fact bad player that I am  I HAVE EVEN DELETED ONE OR TWO

Edited by shadowsrmine