Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Merlox

Why 15% to 60% for Secondary Gun Perk?

16 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,090 battles

Discussion for the Perk "Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament "

Why is there such a huge gap (Tier 1-6 is 15%, While Tier 7-10 is 60%). Considering that this is a four point captain skill and only a few ships actually get in range of the secondaries, just trying to figure the logic behind this. 

Personally I would love to see it at a flat 60% for all tiers as you do have to spend 4 points, as well as sacrifice being able to fire from both sides / not exactly worry about manually selecting a ship to focus on.  Even for that tier 2 battleship that is considered in a real horrible spot would be improved quite a bit from this.

Thoughts?

• Cool 1

Members
2,633 posts
4,235 battles
8 minutes ago, Grizley said:

You have a point.  It should just a flat 15%.

No.  With the sheer inaccuracy of secondaries it needs to be a flat 60%.  Even then your hit rate is about 30%.

• Cool 4

[WOLFG]
Members
27,119 posts
7,239 battles
13 minutes ago, Grizley said:

Could just meet in the middle.

I don't get why the wide gap. Could also do say, 40% for T5-6

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,090 battles
20 minutes ago, Grizley said:

This would be fine if it was a single point skill. If I'm paying 4 points however, I expect 4x the result. =p

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I believe this is because when Training Captains in the early stages and max range of secondaries is 4-6 km. And the lower tier ship captains are advanced up as new ships are obtained.

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,090 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I believe this is because when Training Captains in the early stages and max range of secondaries is 4-6 km. And the lower tier ship captains are advanced up as new ships are obtained.

But even then you have battleships at tier 10 (Montana, Conqueror)  that have a 6 km range instead of a 5 km range that tier 5 and 6. Also the fact this is the only skill in the game where it heavily impacts based on tier division. (The next would be Survivability  expert but that scales by EACH tier level of +350 HP.) Could you imagine if Survivability expert was just +1000 HP for tier 1-6, and then +4000 at 7-10? (Using 1000 and 4000 as it's the same ratio as current 2nd gun perk)

[-K-]
Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

The gap is due to the typical engagement ranges.  The lower the tier, the guns (and torpedos) have shorter ranges and are less accurate.  This results in relatively close engagement ranges.  As you get to higher tiers, engagement ranges increase which means that better secondaries are less OP at tier 10 than they would be at tier 4.  

• Cool 3

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,155 posts
6,607 battles

Because seal clubbing is bad enough.

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

It should be 10% for T2, 20% for T3 and so on, with 90% on T10.  :fish_cute_2:

Edited by Ramsalot

Members
744 posts
4,946 battles
4 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

It should be 10% for T2, 20% for T3 and so on, with 90% on T10.  :fish_cute_2:

Dear god in heaven the Großer Kurfürst would WRECK anything and everything within 11.6km!!!

Consider me convinced!  :)

~B

• Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
5,809 posts
13,201 battles
53 minutes ago, Merlox said:

Discussion for the Perk "Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament "

Why is there such a huge gap (Tier 1-6 is 15%, While Tier 7-10 is 60%). Considering that this is a four point captain skill and only a few ships actually get in range of the secondaries, just trying to figure the logic behind this. 

Personally I would love to see it at a flat 60% for all tiers as you do have to spend 4 points, as well as sacrifice being able to fire from both sides / not exactly worry about manually selecting a ship to focus on.  Even for that tier 2 battleship that is considered in a real horrible spot would be improved quite a bit from this.

Thoughts?

Thing is in the low tiers you have to get intimately close to someone to use secondaries.  High tier boats tend to have much longer ranged secondaries, extreme range in some cases (German BBs etc.).  Longer even than the main gun range of some boats. The further away something is the harder it is to hit accurately, especially with secondaries.  Hence the difference in dispersion.

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,090 battles
11 minutes ago, X15 said:

Because seal clubbing is bad enough.

What tiers do you define seal clubbing? Because honestly love tier 5-7. Any thing above the game shifts the play style a ton into something I enjoy less.

Are you talking about the clemsons / Kamakaze running around?

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I wouldn't mind MFCSB dropping down to a 45% dispersion buff. Provided that the skill worked like MFCAA where the boost only applies to the selected target and anything else is free to shoot at anything within range. 

Although there are some benefits to MFCSB current state. Such as on ships not normally spec'ed for Secondaries surprising ships that are unexpecting. 

---

Anyways they should probably break it into 3 rather than 2. That way the leap is more gradual. 

1-4 :: 15%

5-6 :: 30%

7+ :: 60%

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
49 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Thing is in the low tiers you have to get intimately close to someone to use secondaries.  High tier boats tend to have much longer ranged secondaries, extreme range in some cases (German BBs etc.).  Longer even than the main gun range of some boats. The further away something is the harder it is to hit accurately, especially with secondaries.  Hence the difference in dispersion.

I need to run a more detailed set of tests where i repeat each several times, but even with manual secondaries, outside of 6km or less secondaries are junk accuracy wise, (i was seeing 25% hit rates vs several different BB's with Tirp secondaries at 10km). The main guns are significantly more acurratte than that at the considerably greater ranges.

Sign in to follow this