You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Scottsds

Best German ships for 19 pt. Captains

16 comments in this topic

[-WS-]
Members
115 posts
6,514 battles

Was wondering if any German ship benefits more than others from a 19 pt. Captain...or for that matter is any tier more beneficial?

Thx...Scott

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

IMO, a 19pt can benefit any ship equally as long as you pick the appropriate skills for the ship.

I will say that switching a Commander between premium ships is a good idea since you don't have to pay to move to a premium ship.

There are a few premium ships that you could use the same skills between them.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,119 posts
7,239 battles

Don't think it matters what ship, but typically the higher the tier, the more XP, so your captain would earn more Elite XP on a higher-tier ship.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,155 posts
6,607 battles

Tier 10 tends to make the most base XP thus the captain XP to be farmed is the highest. That or a premium ship, the Prinz being the best choice with it's captain boosting camouflage.

[STW-D]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,196 posts
15,518 battles

Well, Bismarck on up love to have BFT/AFT/Manual secondaries, and if you have 19 pts, you can even manual AA. It doesn’t matter in randoms if you go for AA range modules or secondaries, but in ranked or tournaments without CV’s the secondaries are more important.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,502 posts
14,121 battles

I'd say the battleships are skill hungry, if you could do a normal BB and a secondary/AA build it'd be a big plus.

Cruisers - especially as IFHE is 'free' - aren't too intensive, after 10 for CE the priorities drop a lot. Other nations with CL's really need 14pts for CE and IFHE.

Destroyers like 19pt captains but function without, there are a lot of highly beneficial and competing skills. My 19pt Z-52 skipper doesn't have much fat, but if I could add DE and BFT I would. Would the ship be unplayable with 10 or 15 pts? No, but it starts to add a lot.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,771 posts
22,131 battles

I have a 19 point Hipper captain and I use him on all my German premiums. I find that a DD or CA captain generally have skills that are useful in either class and they are not horrible in BBs either. I found that 19 point battleship captains have skills that just are not suited to well for using them in the other classes. For instance a DD and most CAs need "Last Stand" to function well but it is a skill that none of my BB captains have. I have one 19 point BB captain (Iowa) and use him in all my USN premiums, just have to get used to having your engine knocked out or steering. I play in Coop mostly so it isn't a huge deal. All my other 19 pointers are either CA or DD captains. 

A 19 point CV captain going to be only of use in another carrier, however I have put them in low tier ships and played PvE just as an experiment. 

With that said, you want a 19 point captain for whatever nation you have the most premium ships for, it really helps generate the elite xp to get other captains up to snuff. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,851 battles
5 hours ago, Scottsds said:

Was wondering if any German ship benefits more than others from a 19 pt. Captain...or for that matter is any tier more beneficial?

Thx...Scott

Have a 19 point Captain in my Tirpitz and one in my Zao, the Tirpitz makes on average about 1/3 more XP

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

It depends on your build..

I'd say a KM cmdr with something generic in mind would preform well on any ship with exception of GZ if you have one...

PT - AR or LS - SI - CE, AFT, IFHE - PM

If he's sitting on a BB the lack of MFCSB will have a reduction on %Hit but IFHE allows the secondaries to hit harder. 

AR or LS depends on if you're capable of using a DD without LS. CA and BBs benefit less fron LS but all ships will find AR useful. 

AFT grants range boost for DDs, AA boost for CAs, and SB range for BBs (and CAs if spec'ed for). 

IFHE will further increase HE Penetrations across the board and you're buffing their naturally stronger HE Penetration capabilities. 

CE is CE... self explanatory. 

--- 

As for ships, with the above build, the commander can sit anywhere comfortably on any KM ship except the Zeppelin. For any other builds depending where they're Primarily specialized (DD, CACL, BB) most will be able to overlap with CACLs, BUT for DD to BB it's a bit of a stretch since KM DDs are "torpedo focused" and KM GunBote DDs aren't the best build. 

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,308 posts
11,789 battles

Got my 7th German 19pt commander. I have lots of keeper German ships so IMO they are all worth it and not overly hard to get to 19pts if using the right signals and camos.

[DARTH]
Members
555 posts
13,882 battles
8 hours ago, Scottsds said:

Was wondering if any German ship benefits more than others from a 19 pt. Captain...

My Bismarck captain was my first 19 pointer.  He’s secondary specced, and also gets to command my Scharnhorst &  Tirpitz.  Since then, I’ve gotten my GK captain to 19, and am working on Hindenburg.  Honestly, the best answer is whatever you enjoy the most, but yeah high tiers benefit most, especially is you can use them in premiums too.

Edited by Korval_BB55

[-WS-]
Members
115 posts
6,514 battles

cool...thanks for the help.  Have mostly used mine on the Nurenburg as thats where is was originally....but seems like that is going to change.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

my first 19 pt captain was on the Scharnhorst. after that I used the Scharnhorst to make elite Capt exp and have since placed a 19 pointer on my GK , Bis, Eugen, Hindy,Conq, Fiji, with 7 the Elite Exp multiplies quickly Before the end of march I expect at least three more .