Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

Firing of turrets

10 comments in this topic

Members
360 posts

What turret controls firing? Lets say all guns are loaded. My bow turret is facing forward and my other guns are still coming around to the front. I can't fire my stern gun unless my bow gun is facing that way too right?

I proudly wear my profile picture now hahahaha

Edited by wildcat18

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Wrong, you can fire each turret independently. As long as a single turret is on target, your reticle will turn green and you can fire that turret. If the turret is still moving, it won't turn green.

Members
100 posts
352 battles

No, where you are pointing your reticle determines which guns fire. So, you shoot your bow turret, rotate your camera to face a target behind you and you can fire your rear turret towards that other target.

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

Whatever turret(s) are zeroed in on your target can be fired.  If you single click turrets zeroed in on your target will fire one after another from bow to stern.  You can fire at two different ships from your 2 bow turrets, single click on one ship, then single click on the other.  I got double strike like this more than once on BB vs broadside cruisers that are low on health.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,103 posts
7,217 battles

Your reticle controls firing. Any gun that is lined up with the reticle can fire.

This is useful for engaging 2 targets at once. You can fire your forward guns, then move your reticle to another target. Your aft guns will line up first, then you can fire them at the second target. Swing your reticle back to the first target, and if you're in a BB, the forward guns will swing back on target before they're reloaded.

Members
360 posts

hahahaha, I have been doing wrong all this time. Get out of zoom mode ya big dummy. Boy did my game just get better. Those pesky DD's will be a little easier to deal with now. Too friggen funny

Where did I put that noob hat? I know its around here somewhere.

Edited by wildcat18

Members
2,842 posts
8,733 battles
2 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

hahahaha, I have been doing wrong all this time. Get out of zoom mode ya big dummy. Boy did my game just get better. Those pesky DD's will be a little easier to deal with now. Too friggen funny

Don't feel bad I'd played a year before I figured that out!

Members
360 posts
5 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Don't feel bad I'd played a year before I figured that out!

There was some things in WOT I did not discover till 3-4 years after I started but there was no way I was admitting to that hahahahaha

Edited by wildcat18

Beta Testers
1,989 posts

The one thing I miss from the old Great Naval Battles series of games was the control of individual turrets.

I don't see a reason why WG can't allow players to control separately at the very least the fore/aft turrets or if they want, link them together (as they work now).

As a BB, it would be incredibly useful to be able to tell my aft turrets to face to my 7'Oc direction if there's a DD or cruiser opposite from the BB I am engaging at 1'Oc with fore turrets.

As a cruiser its the same situation.

Sign in to follow this