You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ravenforge

How many losses in a row does it take before you uninstall and walk away?

86 comments in this topic

[FML]
Members
3,654 posts
14,584 battles
4 minutes ago, Ravenforge said:

So far I'm at 15 straight losses playing tier 5 and 6 ships. I'm thinking 20 or 25 and I'm done.

Don’t play tilted. Log off, walk away, come back in a few hours. 

• Cool 2

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
Just now, UltimateNewbie said:

yup -- I'm usually logging off for greener pastures after 3 or 4 losses in a row.  I exit and comeback after a day or two.  If I'm really starting a hardcore session I'll prolly keep playing thru 5 or 6 losses to see if I can turn the streak around.  If I really really-REALLY wanna play but I just keep playing like shyte or I keep drawing shyte teams in randoms or ranked, than I'll just switch to Co-Op or one of the PvE scenario thingies.      

• Cool 1

[PT]
Members
762 posts
2,722 battles

I uninstalled the game a few months ago when my win rate for the last week or two was hovering around 10-20%.. Each time I logged back on it was another 1 win 5 losses run, weird that I don't care about stat's but it just became ultra frustrating. Especially when you just watched half the team do stupid stuff and die quickly in the first few minutes time and time again.. Kept thinking 'F you MM for constantly putting me on these idiots teams'. 

If it's a close game I don't care, but when it's never ending 1 sided annihilations it becomes annoying. 

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,151 posts
6,568 battles

Sometimes you just need a break.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

I've made an effort to avoid deleting the client of late, since it takes such a ridiculously long time to reinstall, but I will usually put it down for the night after 2 consecutive frustrating matches.

Edited by Cruiser_Fiume

[SYN]
Members
5,780 posts
13,187 battles

Agree with the others.  Lose more than five or six in a row, just turn it off for the day and go outside.

No video game is worth the frustration of chasing the dragon this game occasionally puts in front of us.

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
17 minutes ago, Ravenforge said:

So far I'm at 15 straight losses playing tier 5 and 6 ships. I'm thinking 20 or 25 and I'm done.

I go in my Atlanta or Nikolai when I get this triggered.  Or, just log out for a few days.

The game is fun, the people can be questionable.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,103 posts
7,217 battles

It's not about the losses for me. If I go 3-4 games in a row playing like crap, then I play something else.

Uninstall? Nope. Takes too long to download and reinstall when I want to play it again.

Back in the CD/DVD days, I uninstalled and reinstalled games all the time. (had a bug with Planetside, every time I wanted to play, had to uninstall and reinstall, about 20 minutes with 3 CDs)

Nowadays, it's not worth it, especially if I end up reinstalling a game, only to play it twice before uninstalling it again.

When my SSD fills up, I'll just add another one lol.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,608 posts
4,270 battles

Switching tiers usually breaks my losing streaks. Otherwise, I hop off after three or four losses in a row. I never rage-uninstall because it’s pointless, and I’d rather not waste a couple of hours waiting for the game to reinstall.

[A_51]
[A_51]
Members
86 posts
25,865 battles

After a bad run of luck, I go to CO-OP. What is fun for me there is that I play ships that I’ve haven’t played in awhile. Then I remember how much fun this game can be.

[SIMP]
Members
1,430 posts

Don't worry OP - the hidden Match Maker coding that forces everyone to a near 50/50 win/loss rate will kick in and you start getting matches your team wins. You must be over the average right now, so it's correcting that.

GOTTA HAVE THAT 50/50!

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I guess when you prize a cheap win over a hard fought defeat  the words "It is not whether you win or lose it is how you play the game" Has no meaning.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
567 posts
80 battles

Even a ridiculously skilled 60% win rate player will have five consecutive losses 1% of the time. 

40% x 40% x 40% x 40% x 40% = 1%

And with tons of players at or below 45% win rate, you're looking at a 5% or greater chance of having a five game losing streak. It's not the losses that matter as much as how emotionally intelligent a player responds to stress that results from missing expectations as well as how well they objectively assess their performance and learn from it in order to perform better in the future. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,260 posts
13,838 battles
25 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

QFT but if I may make a suggestion, you should drop down to the lower tiers and work on getting better. You will be better able to win in those tiers and you will be better able to improve.

• Meh 1

[O-PN]
Members
9,125 posts
10,593 battles

I lost 17 across T5-7, way back in the mists of time. I walked away, and I think I did actually uninstall, but I was REALLY pissed off. Lol. Since then, the most I've lost, I think, is 4. Now, I stop at 3 and go do anything else but WoWs.

The important thing is to analyze the losses, find out what you did wrong, or could have done better. You'll learn far more from a loss than a win, due to mental and emotional state. I came out of that 17 loss streak, and since have had 12 of at least 10 rounds, including one of 14. I learned.

Members
1,819 posts
4 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I guess when you prize a cheap win over a hard fought defeat  the words "It is not whether you win or lose it is how you play the game" Has no meaning.

Welcome to this game where all that matters is stats.

I walked away from pvp a year ago and havent played a single game since, and I think it was about 8.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,651 posts
19,100 battles

For me it depends on if my game play is really poor and contributing to the losses.

But if I am doing really well and it is the teams that are the issue, I will keep on dealing with the losses until the teams get better.

I am not one to worry to much about finishing the day at 30% or worse as long as I am not the issue.

Yeah it does not help me become purple but as long as I know I can compete and sometimes beat the purples, it is just a number and a color.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Kconvey_1 said:

Welcome to this game where all that matters is stats.

I walked away from pvp a year ago and havent played a single game since, and I think it was about 8.

Stats have no meaning unless you give them.

• Cool 1

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

Losses have zero effect on me.  I just keep playing and doing the best I can.  Worst streak was when I was playing ranked, I believe it was 12 losses in the row, back to back.  That was the closest to getting frustrated, but I just kept playing without losing my cool, ranked out that season.

Members
1,819 posts
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Stats have no meaning unless you give them.

Stats have the meaning you give to other players attitudes towards you. Now if you can ignore everyones opinions of you, toxic chat, etc.. good for you, stats then only have the meaning you assign to them. If other peoples, opinions, words and attitudes have any effect on you whatsoever, then stats have the meaning that OTHER people assign to them.

Edited by Kconvey_1