You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raigoth

Test server question

33 comments in this topic

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
715 posts

In one of the combat missions is shows the two battleships from the French tree (Tier 7 and 8) as a reward for that mission. Is that a reward for the test server only, or does it go towards the live server as well? The mission name is "Reward on Main account #2" 

Sorry for noob question, I havent played on the test server much.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,842 posts
42,217 battles

Should just be a reward on the test server.  Not Live.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,331 posts
17,525 battles
7 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

Should just be a reward on the test server.  Not Live.

Unless specifically specified.

• Meh 1

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
715 posts
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Unless specifically specified.

It doesnt specify if its for the test server, just says its a reward for the live server, and lists the camo, the two ships and two 15 pt captains

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Anything on the Test server is subject to change and both missions and rewards typically do vary.

• Cool 1

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
715 posts
30 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Anything on the Test server is subject to change and both missions and rewards typically do vary.

Thats not a yes or a no answer, so its a possibility that that is a reward for the live server?

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,541 battles
38 minutes ago, IcyThor said:

How do I acquire the Aigle for campaign missions on PT 7.2? 

I was wondering the same thing!  Maybe complete all the combat missions?  I cannot figure out how to complete those campaign tasks.  Perhaps if you already have it on your live account, it shows up?  I wanna complete the whole campaign but cannot sans Aigle!

[PVE]
Members
4,991 posts
22,432 battles
8 minutes ago, Gojira420 said:
50 minutes ago, IcyThor said:

How do I acquire the Aigle for campaign missions on PT 7.2? 

I was wondering the same thing!  Maybe complete all the combat missions?  I cannot figure out how to complete those campaign tasks.  Perhaps if you already have it on your live account, it shows up?  I wanna complete the whole campaign but cannot sans Aigle!

You don't on the PT...there's a line in the PT write up that says "some tasks may be unavailable"...that's what they are referring to.

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,541 battles
14 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You don't on the PT...there's a line in the PT write up that says "some tasks may be unavailable"...that's what they are referring to.

Oh yeah...it’s rihht near the line that say “complete the entire campaign for a special reward” :p

[SFBG]
Members
1,664 posts
9,400 battles
38 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

Thats not a yes or a no answer, so its a possibility that that is a reward for the live server?

The Live Server rewards are listed on the website, like CLUCH_CARGO posted...   Any reward you read about on the test server, is for the test server, and is subject to change.

I have played every PTS since Open Beta, and we have never gotten a ship on your live account, as a PT reward..

[USCC2]
Members
5,795 posts

Definite mixed message as the advertisement says on test server but in game it says reward on main account.

Which is confusing as the first mission on the PTS states 'for main account' which is the 3x every signal. This does go to your main account.

Which again is confusing as the second mission on the advertisement states win 5x Random or Co-Op games, yet the Co-Op it refers to isn't a Co-Op game but an Operation - so semi correct.

I think we can take an educated guess that with the current real account missions and the tech tree coming anyway, it is unlikely WG would give away 2x BBs with 15 point captains. :Smile_honoring:

Edit: Although I've got to say that although the BBs are probably not a prize (whatever it says on the PTS), it has been really enjoyable doing all the tasks on the PTS and I intend to go and do 'The Gold of France' campaign. Usually I will do just the one game on the PTS as there is nothing else for Co-Op players to do. Thank you WG. :cap_like:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[PVE]
Members
4,991 posts
22,432 battles
29 minutes ago, Gojira420 said:

Oh yeah...it’s rihht near the line that say “complete the entire campaign for a special reward” :p

As w/all campaigns...all tasks are not required to finish them...but your ":p" indicates you may have already known that so I rebut your :p w/a capitol version :P

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,798 posts
9,442 battles

Translating Test Server Speak:  Don't believe that we will award you anything because we may change the conditions without bothering to let anyone know.  Or we may decide the first offer was too generous.*

*Only applies to NA and EU players.

• Cool 1

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,541 battles

I know some lucky ducks got some of the French BBs on the live server through the French mission sets, I was just really hoping there’d be chance from the PT also.  Maybe there is, as often the rewards are given out after the PT is over.

[YORHA]
Members
4,798 posts
9,442 battles
50 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Translating Test Server Speak:  Don't believe that we will award you anything because we may change the conditions without bothering to let anyone know.  Or we may decide the first offer was too generous.*

*Only applies to NA and EU players.

Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

When you see this...

bJjbykc.jpg

You would corectly interpert it as you will get the 10 camos, both ships and both commanders on the live server  (Main Account) if you complete the mission... because THAT'S WHAT IT SAYS.

However...

Look elsewhere and you find this.

j2jsCPr.jpg

No mention of the ships or commanders.

The PTS rewards are either a bait and switch scam or whoever looks after the PTS website promotion is incompetent.

latest?cb=20160618185223

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
4,991 posts
22,432 battles
17 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

You would corectly interpert it as you will get the 10 camos, both ships and both commanders on the live server  (Main Account) if you complete the mission... because THAT'S WHAT IT SAYS.

Actually it just says that the name of the mission is "Reward on Main Account #2"...the reference for what you actually get on the main account is described in the Events page you have posted as well as the original promo on the game website. The last line of the Events page even says, "an opportunity to test..."

The crate symbol shows you what rewards you get on the PT because you are on the PT & there's no other place for them to include those rewards to let you know you get them also.

(profile pics the $h!t...+1 for that btw)

[DONUT]
Members
476 posts
6,730 battles

As usual believe nothing that WG says or puts into writing.  This wont be the first time I have lost a great reward because they lied. 

I like challenges, mission, campaigns and PT to earn even small rewards like signal flags or camo.  They also offer a change from the ordinary coop and random.  Now they are taking the fun out of this because they wont use a proof reader. 

Icy

[-AA-]
Beta Testers
297 posts
2,039 battles

this upsetting they take our french bb from last test and give nothing to french collection 2 mission ask for the french dd and where I do get it from

[YORHA]
Members
4,798 posts
9,442 battles
51 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually it just says that the name of the mission is "Reward on Main Account #2"...the reference for what you actually get on the main account is described in the Events page you have posted as well as the original promo on the game website. The last line of the Events page even says, "an opportunity to test..."

The crate symbol shows you what rewards you get on the PT because you are on the PT & there's no other place for them to include those rewards to let you know you get them also.

(profile pics the $h!t...+1 for that btw)

Look closer.  I have made it as clear as I can...

tH57k1F.jpg

• Cool 1

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

The reward that is listed on the PTS is for your PTS account.  They have been doing missions like this recently so not everyone is spamming the new content and battles are a bit more reasonable.  The rewards that transfer to your live account are the ones listed on the event page on the PTS and in the announcement for PT that has been posted above.  I don't have Alsace on my main account even though I got the reward in both versions of the 7.01 PTS in an essentially identical mission.

[PVE]
Members
4,991 posts
22,432 battles
14 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Look closer.  I have made it as clear as I can...

Actually the reward for #3 is premium time...that's the #2 reward for the 10 type 6 camos (as listed in the promo & on the events page)...the ships & commanders are just extra rewards you get on the PT only for finishing that particular Mission that are included there because that is the only place they have to list them.

The last line of the events page...

1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

j2jsCPr.jpg

even clarifies that you only get to "test" them.

Bait & switch would imply that the original promo said you were getting ships then come to find out you are not...but the original promo (that you had to have read to even know the PT was going on) didn't state that in fact it tells you that you only get to try them out...as does the events page you have copied (which is also above the missions page & therefore chronologically came before also).

Those 4 items from the events page are all you ever get from a PT (at least as long as the new signal flags have been out)...you might get some or all of them twice (during PT part 2)...but that is all.

They always clarify (which they did this time also) if there are other items (such as the ships this time) that you get to try out on the PT in the promo...& when there are they are listed in the missions under the mission that you obtain them...& if they are obtained by completing one of the "Reward on Main Account" missions that is where they get listed.

[WOLF4]
Members
161 posts
3,812 battles

Sure looks like the wording states the ships are for the main account. It’s got to be a misprint. No way would they give away two ships, especially T7 and T8 for winning five battles.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

Now that the rewards showed up for me i can definitively show that the rewards listed are for your PT account only.  Its just an unfortunate accident that part of the reward on PT (the camo) is identical to the reward for the live server as well.

If you look at the screen shot the 2 ships/commanders/port slots AND camo are all rewards that you receive on the PT account.

PTReward.png

This is not inconsistent with how thing have worked before.  The items that it displays have always been for the PT account.  It may be something to look at though since it does seem confusing.  I don't remember the same type of reward being given out as a reward for the same mission on both live and PT server accounts previously. 

Edited by mrh308
Additional info