You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WickedRecluse

Where's all the premium ships?

16 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
3 minutes ago, WickedRecluse said:

Was going to gift a ship to a friend for her birthday, but there's a huge lack of premium ships in the store right now... What's up with that?

Patch 7.1 had a premium reshuffle, with most going out. Most likely to let new premiums in as there are a half dozen or so in various states of testing. The T-61 Soon looks like it may need to be re-named T-61 Later.

• Funny 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,504 posts
5 minutes ago, WickedRecluse said:

Was going to gift a ship to a friend for her birthday, but there's a huge lack of premium ships in the store right now... What's up with that?

Generally most ships are not for sale at the same time.

The only reason so many ships were up was the holiday, and WG was testing whether that could make more money just leaving most ships up...clearly they didn't feel it was working as well as limited sales.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,868 battles

What's the point of taking ships off gold list in game? So people that already bought gold have to spend more?

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,155 posts
6,607 battles
5 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

What's the point of taking ships off gold list in game? So people that already bought gold have to spend more?

It creates artificial rarity, you're more likely to buy a ship you where considering if you think it's your last chance.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,792 battles
16 minutes ago, X15 said:

It creates artificial rarity, you're more likely to buy a ship you where considering if you think it's your last chance.

Translation: Money Grab

Members
59 posts
15 minutes ago, X15 said:

I get that. However, for people who set themselves a very strict budget for gaming... well, we got the money now, may not have it later. They miss out on a sale. Just sayin. And in this specific case, nothing worthy of my cash now, not in this game, so I'll get a gift elsewhere. So this sale is definitely gone.

Members
1,027 posts
6,184 battles
4 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Translation: Money Grab

Seriously man it's F2P even premium time is a cash grab every thing about the premium shop is about CASH ..

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Anyone ever see the TV commercial about Avocados crop going to be damaged everyone rushes to the store to buy when the radio announcers says avocados are saved Prunes are in danger. This is called panic buying. A very successful marketing ploy. WG is using a Rarity Ploy  self imposed by them. 

Members
45 posts
8,755 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Anyone ever see the TV commercial about Avocados crop going to be damaged everyone rushes to the store to buy when the radio announcers says avocados are saved Prunes are in danger. This is called panic buying. A very successful marketing ploy. WG is using a Rarity Ploy  self imposed by them. 

Avocado shortage!!  crap, be right back...thx for heads up.

[TBW]
Members
9,822 posts
16,571 battles
1 hour ago, WickedRecluse said:

I don't know what is in the tech tree right now, but you can get her doubloons and she can pick from there too you know.

Members
59 posts
42 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I don't know what is in the tech tree right now, but you can get her doubloons and she can pick from there too you know.

True, but she's a carrier master, plays nothing but. Was going to look at the three I know are premiums... but... well, they're not there. I think she would have been quite happy about an Enterprise. Her Gramps served on it. Plus she's a history professor that specializes in WWII naval history, and she's been studying the Enterprise lately. And in our spare time.. we play some WoWS.

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
2 hours ago, WickedRecluse said:

big clearance to make room for all the new Prems WG is busy breaking testing.  

[FML]
Members
3,656 posts
14,584 battles
57 minutes ago, WickedRecluse said:

True, but she's a carrier master, plays nothing but. Was going to look at the three I know are premiums... but... well, they're not there. I think she would have been quite happy about an Enterprise. Her Gramps served on it. Plus she's a history professor that specializes in WWII naval history, and she's been studying the Enterprise lately. And in our spare time.. we play some WoWS.

Sounds like true love. Happy Valentine’s Day to you both!