You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

What's the Weirdest Ship.....?

41 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,032 posts
13,257 battles

Hey everyone,

Just a humorous curiosity question......what is the weirdest/unexpected (non-premium) ship you have a 19-point commander on?

I don't have any peculiar ones myself, as I move all my commanders up the line to T10.  But honestly, is there someone out there rocking a Top Commander on say, a Nicholas or Aoba?  Everyone is entitled to like funky ships, so I'm curious to know any peculiarities out there.

Beta Testers
197 posts
4,587 battles

For the highest potential clubbing possible I put a 19 pointer on my Arkansas for a while. No other major offences though.

Edited by CommunistShark

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

Yamato.  Yamato has the ONLY non-premium 19 point commander I have.  Back when I had Yamato, my only IJN premium ship was Atago, and I had separate Atago/Zao captain.  By the time Yamamoto came out, I already had 19 point Yamato captain.  So, Yamamoto ended up on Musashi (he's also 19, just like every other commander I use).

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,004 battles
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Hey everyone,

Just a humorous curiosity question......what is the weirdest/unexpected (non-premium) ship you have a 19-point commander on?

I don't have any peculiar ones myself, as I move all my commanders up the line to T10.  But honestly, is there someone out there rocking a Top Commander on say, a Nicholas or Aoba?  Everyone is entitled to like funky ships, so I'm curious to know any peculiarities out there.

I understand that there is a sub-group of players who play nothing but T1. With 19pt captains.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

My Dresden Captain is 19 points but I haven't put him back in his ship he rides the Graf Spee and I have no desire to return him to the dresden, That would be just wrong.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,154 posts
6,607 battles

Svientlana

Really any Russian US or German ship is free game for me.

[RLGN]
Members
13,515 posts
23,581 battles

Maybe I'll put one in St Louis, (USN T3,) but the closest thing I have to that right now is a 14 point commander in Mikasa... Which is of course, a premium.

My Langley has a 17 point commander, but I pretty much only play it in Co-op.

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

No 19pt captains yet, closest I have is a 17 in my Zao. I do have a 16pt captain in my Warspite and a 14pt one in my Kamikaze. 

Beta Testers
91 posts
6,295 battles

I am training a 13 point captain in my New Orleans right now. I love the ship because of its radar and it's named New Orleans. Always liked the guns on it too because of the AP. I wonder if it will be a good t7.

Members
2,633 posts
4,235 battles

Gneisenau!  She's such an odd little ship just sitting in the tech line.  I don't have a nineteen for her yet but the Iron Duke is on my list.

[GLF]
Members
929 posts
15,051 battles

19pt yamamoto on umikaze/isokaze (i switch him back and forth alot)

19pt aa captain on nicholas

19pt captain on izyaslav

19pt on hatsuharu

Those are all the ones that might be considered strange. 

I am not including premiums.  Because I use them all on premiums

Edited by AnimaL21

Members
1,027 posts
6,170 battles
36 minutes ago, X15 said:

Svientlana

Really any Russian US or German ship is free game for me.

And that right there is why I laugh at the people in this game and WOT who want skill based MM..

Members
1,373 posts

Not yet but when available Nikolai in Halloween camo gets shot up by everyone. Definitely needs a 19 point  imaginary Captain and probably Flamu as the Human Captain.  Tons of green smoke just screams this must die NOW!

I will likely have a 19 point on Anshan and Leningrad in a few weeks. Now Missouri and Tripitz. 

[GLF]
Members
929 posts
15,051 battles

^ I've tried to run up to 19s in bogatyr, but eventually I realize there isn't much I need for it after about 13 points (PT, AR, BFT, DE, AFT).  Not much more comes to the table from the last 6, so i switch it out once I run them to about 15.   What else you run  with the last 6 on your bog?   CE? EM? 

I'm in the same place with my phoenix.  I can't think of what I'd even want with the last 6 points, so i don't bother keeping the guy there. 

Edited by AnimaL21

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

19 pointer in tachibana is always fun.   (not that I play it much)      for seal clubbing 10 pointer in st louis is fine. 

[ARGSY]
Members
18,276 posts
12,699 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

I understand that there is a sub-group of players who play nothing but T1. With 19pt captains.

It does avoid all the angst about smoke, hydro, DWT, carriers, radar, etc. etc. etc.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,349 posts
17,555 battles
27 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

What else you run  with the last 6 on your bog?

gq8ZfUb.jpg

I should retrain EM for AR though.

*does so*