You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EJ_TANK

Aquila

13 comments in this topic

[DALE]
Members
46 posts
9,477 battles

Is there any chance, or possible plans to get the Aquila into the game? I would love to see some more diversity in the carrier class. With only 3 nations that can fill out a complete tech tree for the class I would really enjoy some "off the radar" aircraft carriers in the game. Obviously they would have to be prems, but i think that it would be amazing to see more than 2 different CV's (soon to be 3 with UK eventually) any given tier, minus the GZ now.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
3,925 posts
1,888 battles

No one who would know anything would be permitted to discuss it.  Could she get in the game eventually?  Sure, I see no reason why not. I'd consider buying one.

Edited by kerensky914

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,964 posts
5,784 battles

If/When she got added, I wouldn't be surprised if her special trait ended up being her bombers functioning as fighters when empty since they were basically just normal fighters with torpedoes or bombs slung underneath. 

Edited by Goose21891

Members
995 posts
1,871 battles
32 minutes ago, Goose21891 said:

If/When she got added, I wouldn't be surprised if her special trait ended up being her bombers functioning as fighters when empty since they were basically just normal fighters with torpedoes or bombs slung underneath. 

her TBs may be stukas but the DBs really should be RE 2001 CBs and I say here tier should be VII or VI most likely the latter

Members
2,633 posts
4,262 battles
1 hour ago, Goose21891 said:

I'm okay with that,  they'd just have to be a bit worse at it then dedicated fighters. 

[DALE]
Members
46 posts
9,477 battles

She had hangar space for 51 aircraft, but this was because the Italians lacked folding wings, after it was too late they did develop 10 folding wing aircraft, if they had been able to fully stock the Aquila with these planes her hanger capacity would have went to 66.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
3 hours ago, EJ_TANK said:

Is there any chance, or possible plans to get the Aquila into the game? I would love to see some more diversity in the carrier class. With only 3 nations that can fill out a complete tech tree for the class I would really enjoy some "off the radar" aircraft carriers in the game. Obviously they would have to be prems, but i think that it would be amazing to see more than 2 different CV's (soon to be 3 with UK eventually) any given tier, minus the GZ now.

5 nations. France and Germany also have enough designs for a carrier tech tree along with Great Britain and the existing Japanese and American lines.

Members
834 posts

The Aquila might be a Premium CV for Tier V or VI. But if WG approve fighter-bombers for the game. Her aircraft are 51/66 Re.2001/Re. 2001G Fighter-Bombers: http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Reggiane_Re.2001

Aquila is a conversion ship. Speed 29.5 k Displacement 23,130 to 28,350. Length, m 207.4 pp 232.5 max Breadth, m 29.4 wl 30.1 fd Draught, m 7.31 Power, h.p. 151000. Armor belt: 600, magazines: 80-60, Steering: 30

Aircraft facilities (fd - 5,470m², ha - 2,880m² / ~ 15,800m³): Flight deck: 216.2x25.3m. Hangar: 160.0x18.0m. Two elevators, each (15.2x14.3m, 6.5t). There were 2 catapults of K-252 type. Aircraft fuel stowage: 327000l.

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/italy/it_cv_aquila.htm

See the source image

• Cool 2

Members
834 posts
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

Yes more carriers are good news, but there are others I would rather have before this.

Same here. But only thing to do wait & discuss on the forum until they come.